Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-04-2005, 07:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Dominic Kirwan at Yallah Woolshed

A guy called Dominic Kirwan is appearing at the Yallah Woolshed this month or somethin (In Wollongong Australia) and I wanted to know if he was some relation to Danny.

Cheers,
Tynan
Old 01-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynan88
A guy called Dominic Kirwan is appearing at the Yallah Woolshed this month or somethin (In Wollongong Australia) and I wanted to know if he was some relation to Danny.

Cheers,
Tynan
This is interesting. Kirwan doesn't seem to be a very common name. I believe the first child he had with his wife Clare was a girl...but I'm not sure where I heard that, or if it's true....or even if he had other children. Let us know if you find out.

-Lis
Old 01-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default I don't think he could be Danny's son...

Dominic Kirwan's website (www.dominickirwan.com) states the following...

"Dominic Kirwan enjoys superstar status today thanks to chart-topping albums and phenomenally successful concert tours, but he will be the first to admit that his Irish roots and the strong musical influences of those early years can still be seen prominently in his live shows."

Dominic Kirwan appears to be in his 40s to me...Doesn't resemble Danny at all, anyway. From what I find on Amazon he does traditional Irish music and has been releasing albums for the past five years...Hope this helps!

Last edited by takenbythesky; 05-09-2007 at 04:37 AM..
Old 01-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yer thanks for that, maybe it is a common name in some parts of the world who knows, I am sure if he was Danny's son it would've mentioned it on the website.

Tynan
Old 01-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think it's the most common name, but the president of Ohio State when I was there getting a master's degree was named William "Brit" Kirwan. Also, my sister's former brother-in-law knew a guy actually named Danny Kirwan. However, he was from Brooklyn. In fact, on the trip in question, I found a copy of "Second Chapter" in a second hand store and showed it to him, but he said it wasn't the guy he knew.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-14-2023, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

According to Wikipedia, Danny Kirwan married Clare E. Stock in Southend district in the June quarter of 1971. That year they had one son, Dominic Daniel.

The Dominic Kirwan of the mentioned website was born in 1960. Dominic's mother was Elizabeth (Lila). His father was John. Dominic's father and mother were married on the 4th of August 1958. His mother Elizabeth was very much a big influence in Dominic's early music career.

http://www.dominickirwan.com/about
Old 08-14-2023, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
According to Wikipedia, Danny Kirwan married Clare E. Stock in Southend district in the June quarter of 1971. That year they had one son, Dominic Daniel.

The Dominic Kirwan of the mentioned website was born in 1960. Dominic's mother was Elizabeth (Lila). His father was John. Dominic's father and mother were married on the 4th of August 1958. His mother Elizabeth was very much a big influence in Dominic's early music career.

http://www.dominickirwan.com/about
So the guy in the website is not at all related to Danny, he just has the same name as his son. Claire was already pregnant when she and Danny got married. all the band members went, and Mick brought his dog, who proceeded to vomit on bob welch's pants and left a stain lol

--Lis
Old 08-16-2023, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Danny, Claire, and Dominic have never had any real online presence, which is in itself remarkable. After a surprise interview with Jet Clemens in the early 90s, Danny disappeared again—and for good.

Have never even seen pictures of his wife or son.