User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Ledgie

Default Are you disappointed and embarrassed too? *spoilers*

All --

I've been an extreme fan of FM and SN for so many years. I've bought expensive tickets, went to benefit concerts, and bought just about everything there is to buy. I don't post here much but always enjoy reading the comments. This year, for the first time in over twenty years, I'm disappointed and embarrassed by the band to the extent that I will not go to see them.

I always thought of FM as artists. I find this tour to be an embarrassment.

I'm not sure how one defines "UNLEASHED" but this tour is not that. FM has never done a lot of new stuff, as we all know, but not one new song. This is outrageous. The band tells me that they are on a money run.

I think of other mega bands, like U2 or Bruce Springsteen, that always attempt to make their work anew--and do good charitable things too.

When I read the rationale for the greatest hits tour, I was skeptical. When I see that Rhiannon is not part of the set but a lesser known songs are, I question the integrity of the band. Didn't Stevie say that fans will get to see all their big hits?

I wonder if other older fans have lost their connection to this band.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Good Lord...

why are you people railing on Stevie constantly? And yes, Rhiannon was in the set. Sounds to me like you are passing judgement and werent even there.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Check again Rhiannon was in the set. If you're a long time fan I have no idea why you would be surprised or dissappointed or embarrassed by the set list. None of it should have been a surprise.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i am going & not embarassed to say so~ the band let us know ahead of time that it's a tour of their "hits" so to speak & that there wouldn't be any new songs~ so this was no surprise~

i got the feeling from one of the interviews i saw w/ stevie, that the band was feeling a cool reception from playing new songs & was making this a tour for the fans~ she also mentioned that new music & a tour w/ that new music could be a posssibility in the future~ but if you are truly a mac fan as you say, you should know not to hold your breath on that one, tho the thought of it is wonderful!!!~
Old 03-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They brought it. That's all I can say. Lindsey was on fire, Stevie was giving it everything she has, John and Mick were tight.

Yeah, it's a hits show. They billed it as that, the crowd loved them for it because most knew every single song, except one or two at most.

I admit I was wary going in. But these guys came to play. Not to grab their checks and go.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm kinda happy with the setlist.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

See I really thought after seeing FM last night that Unleashed was a good name for the tour. They were really amazing last night and they sounded so good to me. Overall I am pretty happy with the setlist. I really wanted Sisters but so happy to hear Storms and Oh Well for the first time. Seeing FM again last night after a 5 year break made me realize how much I love this band!! They can be 80 playing these damm songs and I will still want to hear them.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
i am going & not embarassed to say so~ the band let us know ahead of time that it's a tour of their "hits" so to speak & that there wouldn't be any new songs~ so this was no surprise~

i got the feeling from one of the interviews i saw w/ stevie, that the band was feeling a cool reception from playing new songs & was making this a tour for the fans~ she also mentioned that new music & a tour w/ that new music could be a posssibility in the future~ but if you are truly a mac fan as you say, you should know not to hold your breath on that one, tho the thought of it is wonderful!!!~
AMEN Jill! I'm SOOOOOOOOO excited to go, and can't wait to hear "STORMS" - "OH WELL" and "Say You Love Me" done live!! I'm pumped as hell, and absolutely am SOOOO excited! Too bad there are so many pessimists amongst us, huh? I guess it's us "die hard" fans, that go back with them since they started out, that appreciate them! I totally agree with everything you said, and there were no suprises about this being a "Greatest hits" tour, as it was announced way ahead of time! The wonderful things I WAS suprised about, where the addition of "Say You Love Me", and a couple of other things I didn't think was going to be in the set list, so I'm pumped as hell, and can't wait to see them in May! ROCK ON FM!!!!!!! WOOHOO

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 03-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Ledgie

Thanks for your comments. I'm glad that so many of you are enjoying this tour. Glad Rhiannon was in the set too.

It's true that FM never did many new songs but I think this may be the first time that we are not given at least one new song.

For me, this absence is a big deal.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Ledgie

Thumbs up

I wonder if other older fans have lost their connection to this band.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I've heard these songs many times and with the Economy the way it is I would have preferred new music.
This tour feels like a money grabbing thing and it hurts to say that I'm just not into it.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pberry View Post
Thanks for your comments. I'm glad that so many of you are enjoying this tour. Glad Rhiannon was in the set too.

It's true that FM never did many new songs but I think this may be the first time that we are not given at least one new song.

For me, this absence is a big deal.
they're not doing new songs because they're not promoting a new album. There are no new songs to do. This was made very clear by the band from the beginning.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Ledgie

wheart wrote "they're not doing new songs because they're not promoting a new album. There are no new songs to do. This was made very clear by the band from the beginning."

I'm not saying the band is misrepresenting itself. The group did say from the beginning that the Unleashed Tour would be a greatest hits tour.

But I think this is the first time the band did not do at least one or two new songs. In the past, like with the Dance tour, they did their greatest hits plus a few new songs. I prefer this model. Yes, the band dos not have new material to share.

I wish they did before inviting us to spend $150 on a ticket.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have never seen the Mac. I missed SYW totally...or I could have had a 2003 or 2004 entry...

2005 - Saw Stevie at Red Rocks
2006 - Saw Lindsey in Denver
2007 - Saw Lindsey in Boulder
2008 - Saw Lindsey in Denver (Got stuck with 3 extra tickets)

With the economy being what it is, I will be entertained by reading the concert reviews posted here. They are more fun for me because of the excitement coming from the reviewer.

If I look at things logically, I come to the conclusion that Fleetwood Mac makes more money than I do. (And I get perturbed because money is tight right now.) I can't fault them for working, because performing (and recording) is what they do for a living.

Some might say that they are slacking off at work, by not giving new material and recycling the old....but TV gives me re-runs too...

...and after a bit of time, even I LOVE LUCY is still enjoyable. (It just depends on whether or not I'm gonna pay to see it.)

In short, I can't fault the band for working. I can fault myself for spending money I should be saving.

That being said....If they come out with a CD/DVD thing, I will probably buy it.

Last edited by Betsy; 03-02-2009 at 11:52 AM..
Old 03-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My only disappointment is that they didn't include ANY songs from SYW in the setlist. Besides that, I'm just thrilled.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would have been disappointed if I was expecting new songs - I wasn't. It's a hits tour, plain & simple. Do I wish they would change out some tunes for others? Of course. But no, I'm not disappointed or embarrassed. It is what it is - I wasn't expecting anything more.