The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
I'm cracking up at the thought of Josh behind the beauty counter sitting cross-legged wearing some kind of turban with exotic bottles of moisturiser balanced on each hand.

Anyway, I think you should try Vaseline Intensive Care. It's cheap but effective IMO.

Yes!
Also, Deanna, if you want to buy La Mer, I've been hearing it's the skin scream for celebs!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber

Yes!
Also, Deanna, if you want to buy La Mer, I've been hearing it's the skin scream for celebs!
Haven't you seen the bad pics of celebs thread? I wouldn't take skin care advice from them!

Old 03-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Haven't you seen the bad pics of celebs thread? I wouldn't take skin care advice from them!
Seriously

I actually haven't heard of La Mer....wait - isn't that was Lori said Stevie uses in the Q & A??

I think I'll give ROC a try first - as well as some sort of night cream....*sigh* there goes another chunk of my money.....

I also swore I'd never wear makeup - but that ended up not working out for
Old 03-01-2005, 12:59 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Seriously

I actually haven't heard of La Mer....wait - isn't that was Lori said Stevie uses in the Q & A??

I think I'll give ROC a try first - as well as some sort of night cream....*sigh* there goes another chunk of my money.....

Good luck! I just got a little line from DHC that works well for me. It's all Olive oil based, which is great for your skin. It was like, $75, though.
and maybe, if your moisturizer only has spf 15, you should crank it up a notch and get some real sunscreen. 45.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
LOL....so um....this morning I got ready - washed my face - moisturized - put on my makeup (I wear very little - I like to keep it natural and simple)

Anyway - I got into my car - looked into the mirror and notice this big as wrinkle thing - like the diagonal line things that extend from the nose the corner of the mouth....and in between my eye brows - looked older - well I freaked out....

So um you're like the moisturizer face product guru it seems.....I need advice here......this has me a bit freaked out today......

And anyone else with a good product tip - please chime in...

BTW - I can't do chemical peels or anything that could scar because my skin scars WAY easy - and extreme things like that never completely heal - so I'd look horrible permanently....
Botox.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
My advice to avoid winkles is simply: stay out of the sun!!!
No natural tan but you'll be thankful later.
Well - I'm Hispanic so I do have a natural tan

But I don't spend too much time in the sun....especially anymore - since there is no sun in Rochester lol....

And Amber - what's DHC?

I will spend a chunk after March - right now I have to be somewhat frugal because my sister and I are taking my grandma to New York City in a couple of weeks....
Old 03-01-2005, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good luck! I just got a little line from DHC that works well for me. It's all Olive oil based, which is great for your skin. It was like, $75, though.
and maybe, if your moisturizer only has spf 15, you should crank it up a notch and get some real sunscreen. 45.
I got an Olive Oil line from Serious Skin Care for about $80 last month but I don't like it at all. I'm not a fan of oily products and while this isn't too oily, it's too much for my skin.

Old 03-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Botox.

I'll try anything once, but needles make me cry like a baby. I'm petrified of them!

Old 03-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well - I'm Hispanic so I do have a natural tan

But I don't spend too much time in the sun....especially anymore - since there is no sun in Rochester lol....

And Amber - what's DHC?

I will spend a chunk after March - right now I have to be somewhat frugal because my sister and I are taking my grandma to New York City in a couple of weeks....
www.dhccare.com
"The vision behind DHC is rooted in the restorative properties of olive oil. Found to be one of nature's finest ingredients for helping women achieve and maintain healthy, younger-looking skin, olive oil became the foundation for DHC's full line of skin-gentle products."
Blah, blah. I just noticed it made my skin look very nice. Well, as nice as my skin can look, anyways.

Last edited by amber; 03-01-2005 at 01:09 PM..
Old 03-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Seriously

Roc is way less expensive than La Mer. Also, you might want to look into Retin-A. It packs a little more punch than ROC and is available only by prescription. Any dermatologist or plastic surgeon's office will carry it and it is only like 20-25$ a tube.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention

I'll try anything once, but needles make me cry like a baby. I'm petrified of them!
It doesn't hurt at all and they don't use those huge needles like they do for collagen.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
www.dhccare.com
"The vision behind DHC is rooted in the restorative properties of olive oil. Found to be one of nature's finest ingredients for helping women achieve and maintain healthy, younger-looking skin, olive oil became the foundation for DHC's full line of skin-gentle products."
Blah, blah. I just noticed it made my skin look very nice.
I'm waiting for Spring/Summer to kick in then my natural oils will come back - my skin has been dry here this winter - hence the large amount of moisturizer...

*sigh* Had I stayed put I'd still have pretty skin lol....now I've got some blemishes and a couple of dark spots I can't get rid of - it's so depressing....
Old 03-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm waiting for Spring/Summer to kick in then my natural oils will come back - my skin has been dry here this winter - hence the large amount of moisturizer...

*sigh* Had I stayed put I'd still have pretty skin lol....now I've got some blemishes and a couple of dark spots I can't get rid of - it's so depressing....
Obagi blending cream can help with that. I think Kinerase does too.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:12 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It doesn't hurt at all and they don't use those huge needles like they do for collagen.
I don't know, I was in hysterics when I had saline put in my lip and that needle wasn't too big. They numbed it, but I could still feel it and wept for what seemed like forever. I think it's more of a psychological thing, though. Needles of any kind just make me lose it.

Old 03-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Obagi blending cream can help with that. I think Kinerase does too.
Wow - I need to do my research - I've never heard of these projects

Up until like last year I was the most low-maintenence non girly girl ever - no makeup no real skin care regiment...apparantly I'm paying for it now.