User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood
So, is it in Alton? I know John McVie said Kiln House was in Alton, Hampshire & that Benifold was in Hampshire county but don't know the specific town.

John
Kiln House is in Alton - I went there the same day as I went to Benifold, but I was unable to find Kiln House

Benifold is indeed in Hampshire, although only just - it's close to the border with Surrey. The house is not in a town as such, more on the outskirts of a small village, called Arford. Alton is about 10 miles to the west, and Haslemere is only 9 miles away to the east, but it's across the border in Surrey, hence the confusion

The Crown pub is a few minutes walk from Benifold, and that pub is in Arford Road, Arford. Arford is so old it was in the Domesday Book, a British land survey done in 1086

Arford is also very close (you could walk it) to Headley, as in Headley Grange, where Led Zep recorded. There is another Headley in Hampshire and also one in Surrey, but they're different places

Last edited by bretonbanquet; 01-19-2006 at 07:17 PM..
Old 01-20-2006, 03:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretonbanquet

Benifold is indeed in Hampshire, although only just - it's close to the border with Surrey. The house is not in a town as such, more on the outskirts of a small village, called Arford. Alton is about 10 miles to the west, and Haslemere is only 9 miles away to the east, but it's across the border in Surrey, hence the confusion
Ah that explains it! I was looking at the map last night and I could see that Haslemere and Alton are close together. I didn't realise that Benifolds was not actually in Haslemere. thanks for clearing that up.

Gail
Old 01-20-2006, 09:08 AM
Ledgie

Right Boys and Girls.

Geography Lesson No1:

Benifolds is situated in Headley Hill Road, Headley, Bordon, Hampshire. GU35. This is near to Grayshott and Hindhead where you will find 'The Devil's Punch Bowl', a rather nice wooded beauty spot.Where the confusion arises is because Headley and Grayshott are just over the border in Hampshire and Hindhead and Haslemere are located in Surrey. Benifolds is therefore definitely in Hampshire.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Blue Horizon.