Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-04-2024, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default “What the hell is he doing?”: The album Christine initially hated

I think this article has not been commented. It's rom the same webpage of the article I found today (and reviewed in Lindsey's forum). I hadn't read about Christine's feelings on Tusk (After reading the whole article I think hated is exaggerated). Though the article mentions this:

Out of all the members of The Mac, McVie was always the one who never wrote a bad song.

Well, she was Perfect but nobody is perfect. IMHO, the first one that comes to my mind is Ricky. I think I could continue living happily without that song in this world.

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/fleetwo...e-mcvie-hated/

Last edited by Villavic; 04-04-2024 at 11:30 AM..
Old 04-04-2024, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I think this article has not been commented. It's rom the same webpage of the article I found today (and reviewed in Lindsey's forum). I hadn't read about Christine's feelings on Tusk (After reading the whole article I think hated is exaggerated). Though the article mentions this:

Out of all the members of The Mac, McVie was always the one who never wrote a bad song.

Well, she was Perfect but nobody is perfect. IMHO, the first one that comes to my mind is Ricky. I think I could continue living happily without that song in this world.

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/fleetwo...e-mcvie-hated/
That article is CRAP. If it's inaccurate, IT'S CRAP.
------
"In the wake of Tusk, Nicks would eventually leave the band for a solo career, leaving the group in limbo while everyone worked on solo projects."
------
Everyone was doing their own things, and she didn't leave the band.

I do agree that Ricky sucks, though.
Old 04-04-2024, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

This article is not really anything new or new substance. Take off the Tusk colored glasses of how Tusk is revered by the band and critics today. Mick says its his favorite album now. But rewind time it changed everything about the band. The other band members were not happy with the process but let Lindsey do his thing for fear he would leave the band. It was a commercial success but it was considered a flop in 1980. The Mac was on top of the world prior to Tusk. Tusk was a reality check for the band with critics and fans. Fans were yelling at Lindsey on stage and accusing him of selling out. Chris came off Rumours with 2 huge top 10 hits. Her single was only a mild hit from Tusk. The band was not happy and at the end of the tour each of them hired their own manager and rumors Stevie was leaving the band started. Its horrific that one of the biggest bands in the world went on a huge world tour promoting an album. Captured on tape and released on vinyl is Chris telling the audience "We have not played anything from Tusk yet so were going to try some out tonight for you. This is the first track from side one." No applause from the audience. No cheering. No other band would have such fickled fans turning on the band. Even at the US Festival after Lindsey introduces a song from Tusk, Chris says "the album you all hated." Tusk forever changed the band so of course in real time they were not happy about it. During the Gypsy MTV interview Stevie is asked about Mirage and she sort of gives a mild swipe to Tusk saying "I like the music more compared to Tusk. Its more like Rumours." The band felt left out. The album hurt their pride and the Mac lost some of their audience. Rock statings were playing the hell out of the White Album and Rumours. Rock stations shunned the single Tusk and Sara. The post Tusk world had solo careers and the band chasing commercial success with Mirage and Tango. The Tusk hangover lingered.
Fast forward today and even Stevie said in 1990 that Tusk was ahead of its time and critics love it. But it was not unusual for Chris or anyone in the band to talk bad about Tusk in the Tusk era.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-04-2024 at 03:31 PM..
Old 04-08-2024, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I like Ricky lol
Old 04-08-2024, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I like Ricky lol
Ricky be like: Christine McVie meets Go Insane.
Old 04-08-2024, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I like Ricky lol
I like Ricky, too! But no one looks and no one sees!
Old 04-08-2024, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Tell Me, tell me, tell me
Old 04-10-2024, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ricky--yuckage.

The only thing worse is "Skies the Limit."

Other turds are "Easy Come, Easy Go" and "Let Me Go (Leave Me Alone)"

Beyond this, pretty much everything Christine's done is of high quality.

I wish more people thought of "Put a Candle in the Window" when they thought of Christine outtakes. It's just a run-through but it's good.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Ricky--yuckage.

The only thing worse is "Skies the Limit."

Other turds are "Easy Come, Easy Go" and "Let Me Go (Leave Me Alone)"

Beyond this, pretty much everything Christine's done is of high quality.

I wish more people thought of "Put a Candle in the Window" when they thought of Christine outtakes. It's just a run-through but it's good.

I like “Ricky” and “Skies the Limit” a lot and it’s a shame “Put a Candle in the Window” never got finished it had potential.
Old 04-10-2024, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I like “Ricky” and “Skies the Limit” a lot and it’s a shame “Put a Candle in the Window” never got finished it had potential.
I dont hate Ricky but I think its on the lower end of her songs. I adore Skies The Limit though. Its so classic Chris. I can see her, Mick, and John whipping this one up with her track. I hate it when people say its spelled wrong. The saying is The Sky Is The Limit. However skies is plural of sky and is also a noun part of the earth's stratosphere. So its grammatically correct to say skies i.e. The blue Montana skies. She is singing The Sky Is The Limit which would be Sky's the limit. But its not incorrect to infer Skies the limit (part of the earth's stratosphere). I think its clever and takes the cheese out of naming a song after a cliche.
plural noun: skies
the region of the atmosphere and outer space seen from the earth (the atmosphere, the heavens)
"hundreds of stars shining in the sky"

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-10-2024 at 11:09 AM..
Old 04-10-2024, 12:36 PM

Isn't Ricky a BuckVie tune? as in (McVie/Buckingham)?
Old 04-10-2024, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It sure is. No Stevie on that track.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The following website says it was a BuckVie collaboration:

https://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/albu...page.htm#Ricky

So, shame on the me both! lol
Old 04-10-2024, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

So, shame on the me both! lol
you both were lost in your illusions, in which you's played the shining knights...
Old 04-10-2024, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ricky is a song I never include in my playlists. I do include Skies. Not her best work but I like it. It's funny and interesting at the same time how many of us think so differently.