Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:58 AM
Registered

Lightbulb Ledgie Secret Santa?

I know it's only mid-September, but I thought I'd bring this up early to gauge interest and give me enough time to organize it properly:

I thought it might be really fun to do a Ledgie Secret Santa this holiday season. For anyone unfamiliar with Secret Santas, it's when you are assigned a person to give a gift to, but that person is not allowed to know who has drawn their name, so it's a surprise when they get the gift. Fun!

I'm willing to organize the whole thing, so all you guys would basically need to do is put your name in the virtual hat if you want to participate and be willing to send out a gift of your own in order to receive a gift in return. Your personal information will NOT be shared with anyone but me and the person assigned to send your gift.

Ground Rules What I Have Thunked Up So Far (Subject to Change for Fine-Tuning):

1.) Gifts should ideally be Fleetwood Mac related somehow. Small memorabilia items, a Stevie-lookin' scarf, a stuffed penguin, pretty moon & stars candleholder - you get the drift.

2.) Gifts need not be expensive. I'm thinking a ten dollar USD limit, to make sure this is as affordable as possible for everyone. Handmade/crafty items highly encouraged. Get creative! Make it special!

3.) You would be responsible for postage for the gift you send. To prevent this from being too costly, I will group people from the same countries together and then randomly do the assignments from those, UNLESS you let me know that you have no problem with paying international postage - then I will just put your name in a general pot, or match you up with someone from another country that doesn't have a more local Ledgie to be matched with.

4.) Gifts MUST be sent out by the due date (which I will set in stone later, it will likely be early to mid December). Once you mail yours out, you must contact me and let me know you've done it.

5.) To participate, you are only required to cough up one gift, BUT if you are willing to do more than one, then please let me know in case I have any odd Ledgies out when it comes to matching folks up.

Things You Won't Do Unless You Want Me to Come 'Round and Lick All the Spoons in Your House (Which I Will Be Able to Do, Because I Will Have Your Address. And I Will Do It, Too. Don't Try Me, Kids. I Run With 12 Gangs):

1.) Send junk. Gifts need not be expensive, as I said above, but let's try our best to make them GOOD gifts. You do not have to spend a full 10 dollars, but don't let me hear you just bopped out to the Piggly Wiggly, picked up a stale candybar and drew half-assed crescent moons on the wrapper with a Sharpie, k? A good rule of thumb to follow when deciding on what to give is to think about whether or not it's something YOU would be happy to get from someone else.

2.) Send burnt copies of official albums, DVDs, etc. Bootlegged concerts and demos are one thing, but don't burn a copy of Say You Will and call it a day. That's a no-no.

3.) Throw your name in the hat and then not send a gift. The Ledgie Secret Santa is not your ticket to getting a free doodad, widget, whatsit, contraption, gizmo, tchotchke, tamborine, portrait of John McVie crafted entirely out of macaroni noodles and/or Frankenbok lawn ornament. This is supposed to be Fun, and not getting a present when you held up your end of the bargain and sent one out is what is scientifically known as The Exact Opposite of Fun.

So! That's what I have so far. What do you guys think? If you're interested, then I will make a Yahoo email specifically for this where everyone can send me their info and we'll get this bad boy rolling.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Yes, I'm in. Sounds fun!
Old 09-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds like a great idea. I'll send a gift to anyone in the United States.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a good idea. Count me in! Several years ago, we batted around the idea of a Ledgie holiday donation, but it never came to fruition.

Last edited by GypsySorcerer; 09-18-2010 at 01:21 PM..
Old 09-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Absotively Posolutely 100% in!

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 09-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds great!
Old 09-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds soooo awesome. I make a lot of homemade stuff so you'd probably get more than just one thing from me (FM/SN related...I'll do my best lol).
Old 09-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Registered

Yay! Glad to hear y'all want in! I think this will be a lot of fun!

I went ahead and made a new email address for this - it's ledgiesecretsanta at yahoo.com

Anyone that wants to participate is welcome to email their info to me there!

I'll need a mailing address, and then just let me know where you're willing to send a gift (i.e. only the US or only the UK or whatever).

Also, if you have ANY private questions or concerns, send them there. I tend to be fairly aware of any rifts or weirdness that goes on between posters, but I don't ALWAYS know. I don't want anyone to end up having to send a gift to someone they are not comfortable with OR recieve a gift from someone they are not comfortable with, and since this does involve giving a mailing address to someone out there, I want everyone to be as safe as I can make them. Anything you tell me will be kept confidential.

Since it's only September, I will keep the sign-ups open for quite a while to make sure everyone that participates gets a chance to throw their names into the hat!

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 09-18-2010, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm in!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This is the best idea I've heard all week Count me in!

Can I request that people let others know their gender? Sometimes it's hard to tell online and I think that would influence our choices.

Edit: Wait a minute, we'll know when we receive people's full names ... d'uh ... never mind!

Last edited by Sahara; 09-18-2010 at 06:30 PM..
Old 09-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
This is the best idea I've heard all week Count me in!

Can I request that people let others know their gender? Sometimes it's hard to tell online and I think that would influence our choices.

Edit: Wait a minute, we'll know when we receive people's full names ... d'uh ... never mind!
Unless they're called something ambiguous like Ashley or Lindsey lol.

I'm in but worried as I am so. Not about buying gifts or anything. Just a matter of the right one lol. Hmm...may have to go a'robbin' one of the band's houses for something really unique j/k.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm in Annie- sending an email with info.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Unless they're called something ambiguous like Ashley or Lindsey lol.
Don't be stupid, that's a GIRL's name. And it's spelt Lindsay.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Registered

Yay, guys! So glad so much interest is happening already. This'll definitely be fun.

The gender thing is prolly a good idea, unless anyone doesn't want to specify. Maybe people can include their favorite band member, too, if they want, so I can pass that on.

That way you don't end up with a portrait of John McVie crafted out of macaroni noodles when you really would rather have a portrait of Mick crafted out of cavatappi. I'm so thoughtful!

Old 09-18-2010, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I knew there was a reason kiki has been poopin tamborines for the past week.