The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd say yes...although in this pose, Lindsey looks a little "beefier" than he was at the time...he was pretty thin & scrawny in the '73-74 era.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mmm, could be, maybe circa '72, Stevie's hair and pose seems right, "Lindsey" looks a little big to me.
But definitely not "early or mid 60’s" as was suggested on Tumblr, there are highschool pics of Stevie from '65 and she doesn't look anything like that.
I need some more context and a better scan

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Sanne2; 02-16-2012 at 05:53 PM..
Old 02-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe it's Stevie with some other curly-haired, guitar playing guy. I'm sure she knew a slew of them.

I saw a Lincoln documentary where they used some photo recognition software to digitally compare facial features and dimensions (i.e. length of space between tip of nose and bridge) to determine whether the person depicted was the real Abraham.

We need some of that here.

I think back then Lindsey was inclined to look more like a hippy than that guy does.

Michele
Old 02-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone should take this picture to the L. A. walkathon and ask Stevie if it's her.

Michele
Old 02-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

this was taken at Lindsey and Stevie's secret wedding. That is the wedding dress she designed and made herself out of unicorn hair she weaved into cloth.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I really can't see it as them. That Lindsey does not look right, to me.
Ditto. And her mouth is wrong.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
this was taken at Lindsey and Stevie's secret wedding. That is the wedding dress she designed and made herself out of unicorn hair she weaved into cloth.
haha love it!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
Mmm, could be, maybe circa '72, Stevie's hair and pose seems right, "Lindsey" looks a little big to me.
But definitely not "early or mid 60’s" as was suggested on Tumblr, there are highschool pics of Stevie from '65 and she doesn't look anything like that.
I need some more context and a better scan
On facebook, the information was "late '60's", taken at a wedding in San Jose. Someone said "Landslide" is the song, but honestly - they could have been doing some wedding song that was popular then and Lindsey just wasn't singing. It could have been a friend's wedding. If not then I'm thinking - geez guys - the steakhouse circuit was definitely a step up!

I think it's them, it looks like a genuinely old picture to me, not "doctored" - but I don't know a lot about photoshop features.

I think the right hand looks like Lindsey's and I think it looks like Stevie. God knows it looks like her hips.

Plus, didn't Lindsey wear that green velvet suit again at an awards show? Still doesn't update his wardrobe very frequently...
Old 02-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Isn't Lindsey's nose much straighter than that? It looks kind of round, but it could just be from the picture quality. When did he grow a beard? Are there any pictures of him with the Bob Weston style sideburns?

I'm trying to compare this mystery guy to similar photos of Lindsey:

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."

Last edited by Moz; 02-16-2012 at 08:44 PM..
Old 02-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It looks like Stevie to me. Lindsey is questionable... it really doesn't look like him aside from the hair... as is their attire.

All and all I'm not sure.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Registered

Judging by Stevie's hair -- brown, center part, bangs that have grown out to about her cheekbones -- this is around the time they were recording and preparing to release Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey had transitioned from the brushed-out long hair to a small fro at that point, but he still had a mustache and no beard (as seen in this pic: http://www.superseventies.com/oaaa/o...etwoodmac2.jpg) so his hair looks about right for that time too. This would be around the time that they were pinning $100 bills to their walls, so she would have had enough money for a fancy dress, and I think Lindsey's big collar is a look that was popular around that time, right? "Landslide" would have been written already, so the caption claiming that's what they're singing could be right, as would HejiraNYC's assessment. And then Lindsey is playing without a pick, and the position of his fingers on the fretboard looks very Lindsey, and I'm pretty sure we've seen Stevie sitting in that position while singing before -- the way she's leaning forward with her arms across her lap and her hands hanging down looks super familiar to me, although I can't call to mind the photo I would have seen it in before. So even though my initial reaction was that this was fake, it would have to be a really good fake by some really attentive fans, because all the details down to the body language point to this being a real photo of Stevie and Lindsey from 1975.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It looks like her. It doesn't look like him.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlboymusic View Post
Judging by Stevie's hair -- brown, center part, bangs that have grown out to about her cheekbones -- this is around the time they were recording and preparing to release Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey had transitioned from the brushed-out long hair to a small fro at that point, but he still had a mustache and no beard (as seen in this pic: http://www.superseventies.com/oaaa/o...etwoodmac2.jpg) so his hair looks about right for that time too. This would be around the time that they were pinning $100 bills to their walls, so she would have had enough money for a fancy dress, and I think Lindsey's big collar is a look that was popular around that time, right? "Landslide" would have been written already, so the caption claiming that's what they're singing could be right, as would HejiraNYC's assessment. And then Lindsey is playing without a pick, and the position of his fingers on the fretboard looks very Lindsey, and I'm pretty sure we've seen Stevie sitting in that position while singing before -- the way she's leaning forward with her arms across her lap and her hands hanging down looks super familiar to me, although I can't call to mind the photo I would have seen it in before. So even though my initial reaction was that this was fake, it would have to be a really good fake by some really attentive fans, because all the details down to the body language point to this being a real photo of Stevie and Lindsey from 1975.
Are you thinking of this one?

Old 02-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, that's not the key Landslide is played in... unless he's tuned his guitar up a bunch or something.

For the original key (and how they have played it live from The Dance on) there would be a capo on the 3rd fret... but in early live versions (and by early I mean, 70's/80's) he played it capo'd at the 7th.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Javier Pacheco said from 1968, Fritz practiced in a place called "Italian Gardens", which was a banquet hall for weddings and events. If this is a late '60's shot and it was taken at a wedding, that could make sense.

Found this info about the place:

San Jose landmark: the Hawaiian Gardens nightclub. Grizzled old San Joseans might remember when the club was named Lo Curto Gardens--in the 1930s. At some point, it was renamed Hawaiian Gardens and remained so until 1966. The last incarnation was Italian Gardens, a banquet hall specializing in weddings and Lockheed Christmas parties. All that remains is an outdoor lava grotto--or so I have been told.

Fyi, a housing development has been built over those grounds now. It's called the Italian Gardens Family Apartments. Website says: Located in the City’s Tamien Station Specific Plan Area, this project was constructed on the grounds of the former Italian Gardens Banquet Facility. Beautiful gardens from the facility were maintained. The historic Locurt house serves as a community room for the residents. This development was designed in a collaborative fashion with the developer of the Sienna Senior Apartments.