Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Unpopular opinions, eh?

- Stevie's best overall solo album? Trouble in Shangri-La
- Whole Lotta Trouble is loathsome.
- In Your Dreams, the track, should've been the lead single off of that project.
- Street Angel is an amazingly catchy record depending on which versions of tracks you put together. The rockier 'video' version of Blue Denim is exquisite.
- Lady is by far the worst single she's ever released. It's such a snore and reminds me of a performance you'd see at a retirement home during a talent show. The music video absolutely cements that image even further into my mind.
- As much as it seems to divide the community, given her current trend of revisiting the past and older material, Miss Nicks should totally consider bunking down with Lindsey and giving us a Buckingham Nicks II after a new Mac record and / or another solo outing. Given that's how their careers began, it would be a completely majestic turn for them to go out with that. (And, of course, finally releasing the original alongside of it as a double package deal)
Old 08-04-2015, 04:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Unpopular opinions, eh?

It's intervention time.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
It's intervention time.
No amount of coercion will change that opinion, I'm afraid. lol It's just the most perfect album to me and my most played start to finish. With only 1 flop (Love Changes), it's easily replaced with If You Ever Did Believe and becomes the best thing she's put out. Every other album of hers has multiple glaring additions that weigh them down, imo.

- Bella Donna is bogged down by both Think About It and The Highwayman.
- Wild Heart is bogged down by Gate And Garden and Nightbird.
- Rock A Little is bogged down by I Sing For The Things and The Nightmare.
- TOSOTM is bogged down by almost half that album. So many subpar tracks that era. So many more deserving demos that I've heard should've made it onto the finished product.
- Street Angel is mauled by Gretta and Destiny. Never, ever been a fan of re-using lyrics. Comes across as lazy to me and a cheat in songwriting 101 but hey, it's Stevie, she plays by her own rules.
- In Your Dreams is bogged down by Everybody Loves You and Cheaper Than Free. Can't stand either.
- 24 Karat is bogged down by Cathouse Blues (Yikes), Lady (Snore) and Carousel (Uh, I appreciate Stevie's fellow industry friends but this is a Stevie show, not Stevie Covers....)

lol Man, I'm gonna get a lot of flack. Bring it.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No amount of coercion will change that opinion, I'm afraid. lol It's just the most perfect album to me and my most played start to finish. With only 1 flop (Love Changes), it's easily replaced with If You Ever Did Believe and becomes the best thing she's put out. Every other album of hers has multiple glaring additions that weigh them down, imo.

- TOSOTM is bogged down by almost half that album. So many subpar tracks that era. So many more deserving demos that I've heard should've made it onto the finished product.
- Street Angel is mauled by Gretta and Destiny. Never, ever been a fan of re-using lyrics. Comes across as lazy to me and a cheat in songwriting 101 but hey, it's Stevie, she plays by her own rules.
- In Your Dreams is bogged down by Everybody Loves You and Cheaper Than Free. Can't stand either.
- 24 Karat is bogged down by Cathouse Blues (Yikes), Lady (Snore) and Carousel (Uh, I appreciate Stevie's fellow industry friends but this is a Stevie show, not Stevie Covers....)

lol Man, I'm gonna get a lot of flack. Bring it.
I wont give you flack .Its your opinion and taste .Oh my gawd.Those are my favorite cuts.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I wont give you flack .Its your opinion and taste .Oh my gawd.Those are my favorite cuts.
One man's trash is another man's treasure, so they say.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=KenshiMaster16;1170732]Unpopular opinions, eh?

- Whole Lotta Trouble is loathsome.
- In Your Dreams, the track, should've been the lead single off of that project.
- Street Angel is an amazingly catchy record depending on which versions of tracks you put together. The rockier 'video' version of Blue Denim is exquisite.
- Lady is by far the worst single she's ever released. It's such a snore and reminds me of a performance you'd see at a retirement home during a talent show. The music video absolutely cements that image even further into my mind.
- As much as it seems to divide the community, given her current trend of revisiting the past and older material, Miss Nicks should totally consider bunking down with Lindsey and giving us a Buckingham Nicks II after a new Mac record and / or another solo outing. Given that's how their careers began, it would be a completely majestic turn for them to go out with that. (And, of course, finally releasing the original alongside of it as a double package deal)[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think, that is an intriguing idea. Especially with the first album as a package deal.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with Trouble in Shangri-La being her best album. The production, vocals, lyrics, everything just makes it magic and I'm blown away every time I listen to it.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I agree with Trouble in Shangri-La being her best album. The production, vocals, lyrics, everything just makes it magic and I'm blown away every time I listen to it.
I love it also, but I stick with Bella Donna as my favorite. She sounds young and innocent. It's beautiful.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
One man's trash is another man's treasure, so they say.
Hahahahahha,Yea .I agree.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-04-2015, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No amount of coercion will change that opinion, I'm afraid. lol...
I've requested contact information from Michele and all
moderators so we can get you the help you need. With the
right medication and psychological help from me you'll be
fine. It's all going to be okay.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
- Street Angel is mauled by Greta and Destiny. Never, ever been a fan of re-using lyrics. Comes across as lazy to me and a cheat in songwriting 101 but hey, it's Stevie, she plays by her own rules.
Aw, man! Those songs actually DRIVE the album for yours truly! LOL - But like you said...one man's trash, etc etc...I will say that I actually agree with you about TISL though. Not that it's her most overall perfect album, mind you, but it is "up there" for me as far as sheer cohesion and enjoyment. It was definitely a moment in time with my own personal "Stevie fandom" that I will always remember fondly. And I TOTALLY agree that "Love Changes" is the weakest think.

My "bog downs", "marrs" and "mauls" from the other records are
BD - "Outside The Rain" (never been a fan. yawn.)
WH - "I Will Run To You" (slices wrists)
RAL - "No Spoken Word" (uber UBER pretentious)
TOSOTM - "I Still Miss Someone" (unnecessary)
SA - Well, I can actually think of about SEVEN songs here. LOL
IYD - "New Orleans", "Cheaper Than Free" and to a certain extent, "Wide Sargasso Sea". (weak, lazy and juvenile lyrics)
24KG - "I Don't Care" & "The Dealer".

Last edited by sorcerer999; 08-04-2015 at 09:59 PM..
Old 08-05-2015, 06:40 AM
Registered

My drag downs

BD - The Highwayman
TWH - Gate And Garden
RAL - Some Become Strangers
TOSOTM - Cry Wolf
SA - Love Is Like A River
TISL - That Made Me Stronger
IYD - Cheaper Than Free
24KG - Cathouse Blues
Old 08-05-2015, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ooh I've just thought of another one.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE I will run to you. I think it's a great song. I genuinely don't understand why people hate it so much. I'd love to see her and Tom sing it live today, I think they'd do it awesomely.

Old 08-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

I LOVE LOVE LOVE I will run to you. I think it's a great song. I genuinely don't understand why people hate it so much. I'd love to see her and Tom sing it live today, I think they'd do it awesomely.
It's one of my favorites too. I like it much more than SDMHA.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:04 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

Me too!!! It's a shame it didn't become a big hit. It was a hit on the Mainstream Rock charts, reaching #35.

Also, I love "Maybe Love", "Blue Denim", "Whole Lotta Trouble", "I Still Miss Someone (Blue Eyes)", "Just Like A Woman", "Jane", and "Sable on Blonde".