Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Hell yes.

As for the rest of you buying record players, I hope you know what you're doing...If not, you may be terribly disappointed with the sound quality. For the best sound, you need a stereo receiver and a turntable with a pre-amp unless you also buy an amp, and speakers. Gosh, don't forget speakers. I just say this because so few people have actual stereo receivers with components anymore, and hooking a record player via USB to your computer is not going to give you great results.
we have the OLD school set up ... massive speakers ... record player. cd player (not a stereo) hahaha. i have not owned a record (that i listened to) since i was FOUR
i'm so excited i cannot wait to get my hands on one
Old 07-27-2014, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicksfann View Post
The rumor on facebook is that it's Julia.
but that is from a bogus post isn't it, the guy who posted a track list
Old 07-27-2014, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Yep...and he/she seems to have culled the fake list from our threads on this forum.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The fact that Julia was on the cd was from the Moe Sizlack guy - which by the way, have we confirmed is bogus? I mean, I suspect he is but do we know for a fact that it isn't some guy who just used a fake profile to give true information and maintain his anonymity?

Anyway, separately someone on facebook whose friend is an insider -(and apparently many people confirm that when he says something it is accurate to the best of their knowledge and thus his credibility is high) stated that if Julia was the single/video that would be a dream come true and the insider's response was "welcome to your dream".

who knows but it seems like it came from a reliable source which may also mean that this Moe Sizlack was right after all?

Let me add that as much as I love Julia, I really believe The Dealer would be a more appropriate first single and video. Part of the problem I think they have had in terms of singles recently has been that they seem to forget marketing Stevie as the rocker her image was based on. Julia would be a great follow up to The Dealer. This is where I believe when her singles started to be less successful (in addition to other reasons). Releasing Long Way To Go or Whole Lotta Trouble first would have paved the way for a Rooms On Fire or Two Kinds Of Love follow up. Listen To The Rain would have made Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind more acceptable. Fall From Grace would have made Every Day or Love Changes (rumored to be considered for a single) more acceptable. Ghosts Are Gone would have made Secret Love more acceptable. etc... jmho

Last edited by StevieNicksfann; 07-27-2014 at 10:06 PM..
Old 07-27-2014, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The fact that Julia was on the cd was from the Moe Sizlack guy - which by the way, have we confirmed is bogus? I mean, I suspect he is but do we know for a fact that it isn't some guy who just used a fake profile to give true information and maintain his anonymity?

Anyway, separately someone on facebook whose friend is an insider -(and apparently many people confirm that when he says something it is accurate to the best of their knowledge and thus his credibility is high) stated that if Julia was the single/video that would be a dream come true and the insider's response was "welcome to your dream".

who knows but it seems like it came from a reliable source which may also mean that this Moe Sizlack was right after all?

Let me add that as much as I love Julia, I really believe The Dealer would be a more appropriate first single and video. Part of the problem I think they have had in terms of singles recently has been that they seem to forget marketing Stevie as the rocker her image was based on. Julia would be a great follow up to The Dealer. This is where I believe when her singles started to be less successful (in addition to other reasons). Releasing Long Way To Go or Whole Lotta Trouble first would have paved the way for a Rooms On Fire or Two Kinds Of Love follow up. Listen To The Rain would have made Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind more acceptable. Fall From Grace would have made Every Day or Love Changes (rumored to be considered for a single) more acceptable. Ghosts Are Gone would have made Secret Love more acceptable. etc... jmho
The Dealer is a solid song but it is not single material. Neither is Julia unless they done something different to it.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The Dealer is a solid song but it is not single material. Neither is Julia unless they done something different to it.
Does it really matter what the single isr Top 40 radio is not going to play a song by a 66 year old woman..I do think the folks that are trolling about Julia being it are total BS though.I am just hoping Julia even make the album

Old 07-28-2014, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Does it really matter what the single isr Top 40 radio is not going to play a song by a 66 year old woman..I do think the folks that are trolling about Julia being it are total BS though.I am just hoping Julia even make the album
I was thinking the same thing. It's not really about sales and both songs are solid.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
The problem is if you buy a new receiver most don't have a "Phono" input anymore and I found this out a few years ago when I bought my Harmon Kardon...The solution was to leave the turntable hooked up to the old receiver which is plugged into an aux input on the Harmon.
Mine doesn't have the phono input either, but my turntable has a pre-amp so it worked out in one of the standard audio jacks.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 07-28-2014, 11:46 AM
Registered

Quote:

If we are to believe this moe guy, he just posted this

"Wow oh wow the news is just amazing! My wife got to hear a few tracks from the new ‪#‎StevieNicks‬ album and it turns up that 'mystery demo' Dave Stewart released was a new version of 'Amber' a song by Stevie from around 1969. Stevie wrote new music and some new lyrics to the old demo. Gtg my wife might see me writing this"

Old 07-28-2014, 11:53 AM
Registered

I'm Glad most of the tracks on the album were written between 1969 and 1987

I could NOT stand those crappy "Lie Down And You Fall Face Down and You Wonder Why You Must Go On" crap on the new album
Old 07-28-2014, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
I'm Glad most of the tracks on the album were written between 1969 and 1987

I could NOT stand those crappy "Lie Down And You Fall Face Down and You Wonder Why You Must Go On" crap on the new album
what tracks do you mean?
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 07-28-2014, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
If we are to believe this moe guy, he just posted this

"Wow oh wow the news is just amazing! My wife got to hear a few tracks from the new ‪#‎StevieNicks‬ album and it turns up that 'mystery demo' Dave Stewart released was a new version of 'Amber' a song by Stevie from around 1969. Stevie wrote new music and some new lyrics to the old demo. Gtg my wife might see me writing this"
When his wife finds out there was a leak, from some guy who keeps saying his wife works at Reprise and supplied him with the info, isn't Moe even slightly concerned that his wife will realize that it's him? Isn't Moe concerned about his wife's job?
Old 07-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
When his wife finds out there was a leak, from some guy who keeps saying his wife works at Reprise and supplied him with the info, isn't Moe even slightly concerned that his wife will realize that it's him? Isn't Moe concerned about his wife's job?
If, if there's any validity to the teasers he's sharing, the "wife works at Reprise" part might very well be a ruse.

But again, that's if there's any truth at all to the info he (or she!) is sharing.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
If, if there's any validity to the teasers he's sharing, the "wife works at Reprise" part might very well be a ruse.

But again, that's if there's any truth at all to the info he (or she!) is sharing.
I would be totally cool with that last tracklist.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I would be totally cool with that last tracklist.
Same here!