User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Wendy says on her Facebook page that Lindsey said a few years back that Bob should be in the RRHOF and she appreciated that, so that's in keeping with him signing a petition to that effect.

Michele
Wendy said this. So I wonder...

But if Lindsey did sign the petition (and I hope he did) that might suggest the decision not to induct Welch into the Hall of Fame was a result of their committee and not the design of any particular FM members.

If Lindsey signed the petition, I am wondering why Stevie has not. She has been the most vocal member about Bob's passing and how wonderful he was.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
If Lindsey signed the petition, I am wondering why Stevie has not. She has been the most vocal member about Bob's passing and how wonderful he was.
I'm assuming this is an online petition? Stevie and the internet?
Old 03-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Wendy said this. So I wonder...
She posted, "He [Mick] has not posted on this site or his own that Bob should be in the RRHOF. Neither have John, Chris, or Stevie. I might add that Lindsey Buckingham did a few years back, which I greatly appreciated. They should put up a united front to get him in."

Michele
Old 03-23-2013, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She posted, "He [Mick] has not posted on this site or his own that Bob should be in the RRHOF. Neither have John, Chris, or Stevie. I might add that Lindsey Buckingham did a few years back, which I greatly appreciated. They should put up a united front to get him in."

Michele
Well, if he did that a few years back, and she appreciated that greatly, Bob did too, I guess. That's enough for me, Although he could have stimulated the rest to stand up for that cause too. In my opinion, Bob is the only one who is not inducted, but should have been.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default My husband/Bob Welch

Christine did keep Bob Welch out of the HOF. and Mick couldn't turn her down. But the fact is that Bob was a pro rata share member of Fleetwood Mac and no one should have been able to keep him out of the HOF> He earned it! and he deserved to be in it. And that wrong still needs to be righted. I have to do that for Bob!

Also, I would like to say that this is the first time I have ever posted on this site. and I am very irritated. Bob never exaggerated anything, in fact he underplayed everything. Bob and I know the truth, 90% of which I can't talk about because of a gag order. So anything we have to say is the truth and nothing but the truth. I don't like him being put down for what he rightfully should have had and deserves. I hope you understand this battle. It may be 15 years after the fact, but it is never too late to right a wrong. He cared very much about the RRhOF and should have been inducted. He was very hurt because of a very vindictive move on someone's part that should have never happened. You should all understand that this is something he earned and deserves no matter how much time has passed. It is the one thing I will fight to right for him. He was a very important member of Fleetwood Mac and should be treated as such. He wrote and sang 1/2 of the songs on five albums, and played guitar on all of them, and did move them to their success in the US. No one can change that fact.

Wendy Welch
( Bob's wife Forever) and his sole heir, beneficiary, and administrator of his estate. By the way I inherited his facebook page and own it. and always presented my self as Wendy and never impersonated Bob, as someone claimed i did.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wendy, first of all I wish to offer my condolences on your husband's passing. Thank you for posting here. It's fitting that your post is #110 as I support your efforts 110%. Bob was definitely an integral part of FM and deserves all the credit and respect which he is due. Until the day he is finally inducted in the RRHOF, this will remain a glaring and shameful omission.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wendy, we all KNOW that Bob deserves to be in the RRHOF. Hopefully Mick will get off his lazy butt, and do something about it(I doubt it, though, unless he could make $50 bucks off of doing so).
But I sincerely hope that we get Bob in, eventually. He deserves it as much as ANY of them.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

Thank you so much for your support. That is the most Bob or I could hope for!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

To Wendy Welch: Thanks so much for posting here! Your husband was amazingly talented. I appreciate his music so much. I also appreciated how nice he was to fans. There was at least twice over the last 15 years that I emailed a question to him and he very nicely took his time to answer me.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
To Wendy Welch: Thanks so much for posting here! Your husband was amazingly talented. I appreciate his music so much. I also appreciated how nice he was to fans. There was at least twice over the last 15 years that I emailed a question to him and he very nicely took his time to answer me.
I know. Bob and I had several exchanges on his site. He was extremely down to Earth, and a very pleasant guy. That touched me very much...

Come on, MICK. Do something that doesn't involve you making a buck! Do the right thing!
Old 03-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just listened to "Mystery To Me". Though mainly a fan of the first line-up (no secret), I really, really like it and prefer it to later stuff like "Rumours". Those are some beautiful and sensitive but also rockin' songs that Bob wrote for that album and the others. No way that the Mac would have survived without his massive input during those years.

Last edited by dino; 03-25-2013 at 04:36 PM..
Old 03-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy Welch View Post
Christine did keep Bob Welch out of the HOF. and Mick couldn't turn her down.
How could that have happened, Wendy? And where was John? I guess Stevie and Lindsey had no real voice in this matter....

Old 03-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
How could that have happened, Wendy? And where was John? I guess Stevie and Lindsey had no real voice in this matter....
It was near the time they were going through litigation over royalties owed to Bob. It's my understanding that she refused to be a part of the ceremony, if Bob was inducted.

But that's only me putting it all together. I would love to hear Wendy's take on it, if I understand it correctly.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It was near the time they were going through litigation over royalties owed to Bob. It's my understanding that she refused to be a part of the ceremony, if Bob was inducted.

But that's only me putting it all together. I would love to hear Wendy's take on it, if I understand it correctly.
See, this is what I don't understand. Where were the others when all of this happened?! And I have read Bob's Q&A last Sunday and he clearly stated that it had to do with the board of the RRHOF (I'll have to look up that quote).

Wendy, I would love for Bob to be inducted as he played a big part in Fleetwood Mac's history, I was very surprised he wasn't. But the story that Christine was the only one who prevented that, doesn't make any sense. Like shackin'up said, where was John and surely Stevie & Lindsey had some say in the matter. Please enlighten us. And for the record, I love Bob's music. Thanks!

This is from the Q&A session August 4 - 17 2003:

Quote:
Sorry Bob, if this is a bit of a touchy subject/question to ask of you. Do you think that your 1994 lawsuit against Fleetwood Mac for unpaid back F.M. royalties affected you being inducted into the Rn'R HoF with Fleetwood Mac ? (name withheld)

No, I really now think that the RRHOF board in New York didn't like me. Seymour Stein, one of the board members is a "punk-rocker" after all. I didn't make it onto their "cool" chart because I had a few pop singles, and I guess I didn't cut it on their "Tom Petty Logarithmic Scale of Rock Venerability" ;-)
Of course it didn't HELP that I couldn't speak to Mick during all this....because of the then ongoing lawsuit.
He said it didn't help he couldn't talk to Mick but he didn't say anything about Christine....

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced

Last edited by The Catdancer; 03-26-2013 at 10:32 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
See, this is what I don't understand. Where were the others when all of this happened?! And I have read Bob's Q&A last Sunday and he clearly stated that it had to do with the board of the RRHOF (I'll have to look up that quote).

Wendy, I would love for Bob to be inducted as he played a big part in Fleetwood Mac's history, I was very surprised he wasn't. But the story that Christine was the only one who prevented that, doesn't make any sense. Like shackin'up said, where was John and surely Stevie & Lindsey had some say in the matter. Please enlighten us. And for the record, I love Bob's music. Thanks!

This is from the Q&A session August 4 - 17 2003:

He said it didn't help he couldn't talk to Mick but he didn't say anything about Christine....
Thank you for this, Catdancer.

And let's say Christine did insist Bob was not to be included: the fact that the rest of the band allowed that decision to be made makes all of them culpable.

I love Bob's music, too, and in the couple of email exchanges I shared with him, he seemed like a really cool guy. He deserves to be inducted. But I think it's really offensive to blame one person about this. Christine served the FM cause for 28 years (not including guest appearances on other albums). She's retired now and should be left alone. Period.