Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Damn lounge acts...
I was going to mention Blue Letter in that post as well, but took it out. I don't like the Mac doing cover songs, period. This includes songs like Blue Letter. They have so much of their own material that has never seen stage time. Why take up real estate covering someone else's material?

That doesn't mean I don't like tunes such as Blue Letter or Seven Wonders. Those are both great pop songs. I even enjoy the '75 tour's renditions of songs like Hypnotized & Station Man. But when I pay to see Chris, Lindsey, and Stevie I want to hear THEIR songs. It's not that bizarre of a concept in my admittedly feeble mind.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
That being said, bring back the acoustic Go Insane, please!
Ugh, no don't. Then that really would be solo in every sense of the word. The full-band Go Insane, however, was the Lindsey highlight of the Unleashed Tour for me.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like Blue Letter.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
How can I make it up to you? Dinner?
Not you. Mr Chili! He knows damn well that Stand Back should not even be mentioned in the same breath as, Don't Let Me Down Again. Even though, the guy has a point.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 09-17-2014 at 10:30 PM..
Old 09-17-2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I am intensely (and diametrically) opposed to this train of thought.
Ok, this I agree with. It's Fleetwood Mac. They should honor the whole library in some fashion.
Imagine them performing something like "Did You Ever Love Me" with Lindsey. That would be so fresh, so brave, and so truthful to what they used to stand for. I agree that they are becoming a facade of themselves. What surprises me is that Lindsey goes along with it. He was the one that wanted to be a visionary artist. They are now a FM cover band. There I said it.

Am I going? Yes, because it's my last chance to see them together. Not just Christine, but all five of them. I'm excited to see them. They better perform the crap out of these tunes because I've heard them 1,000,000 times.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Not you. Mr Chili! He knows damn well that Stand Back should not even be mentioned in the same breath as, Don't Let Me Down Again. Even though, the guy has a point.
But if I comb my hair differently, you won't be able to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Ok, this I agree with. It's Fleetwood Mac. They should honor the whole library in some fashion.
Imagine them performing something like "Did You Ever Love Me" with Lindsey. That would be so fresh, so brave, and so truthful to what they used to stand for. I agree that they are becoming a facade of themselves. What surprises me is that Lindsey goes along with it. He was the one that wanted to be a visionary artist. They are now a FM cover band. There I said it.

Am I going? Yes, because it's my last chance to see them together. Not just Christine, but all five of them. I'm excited to see them. They better perform the crap out of these tunes because I've heard them 1,000,000 times.
Exactly...I can hear (in my bizarrely wired brain) them even doing a killer version of "Albatross" with Lindsey & Christine doing the harmony lines...they did it on "Sunny Side Of Heaven", they could do it on "Albatross" as an "after Songbird" song!!!! If Chris & Lindsey are REALLY on some creative burst as they claim, re-effing-arrange "Morning Rain" into a more commercial sounding song...even if the music doesn't bear any resemblance to the original, just lyrically. Make those old songs their own...SHOW some of that "visionary creatively". I'm thinking that whole "visionary" crap was some ego-induced illusion inside some "whiney" guitarist's self-centered mind. "Hey, Buckingham...Copernicus called...."
Old 09-17-2014, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I was going to mention Blue Letter in that post as well, but took it out. I don't like the Mac doing cover songs, period. This includes songs like Blue Letter. They have so much of their own material that has never seen stage time. Why take up real estate covering someone else's material?

That doesn't mean I don't like tunes such as Blue Letter or Seven Wonders. Those are both great pop songs. I even enjoy the '75 tour's renditions of songs like Hypnotized & Station Man. But when I pay to see Chris, Lindsey, and Stevie I want to hear THEIR songs. It's not that bizarre of a concept in my admittedly feeble mind.
It's a bizarre concept in my certified feeble mind. I pay to see a show, not a personal request list.
Blue Letter is a Fleetwood Mac song! It's on their album, and they have performed it many times. Just because it was written by someone other than a band member doesn't discount it. And it's not unusual for artists to spread their wings in live shows and perform other material other than their own. Fleetwood Mac, in comparison, is pretty tight and conservative with their set lists, never performing songs from the artists that influenced and informed their own style.

Tom Petty comes to mind. He has thrown in a lot of cover songs in his sets over the years; old songs from somewhat obscure artists that helped form him into the artist he is today. A good performance is a good performance, regardless of its origin. I don't think his audience complains that it show wasn't worthy their money because he didn't make it a greatest hits show.

I get how you feel. I try to release myself of too many exceptions; otherwise I set myself up for certain disappointment. But I would very much welcome an unexpected, out of nowhere song, or at the very least, they opened their set with a song they never opened with before. That simple change would be an exciting change. Is that too radical?

Last edited by PenguinHead; 09-17-2014 at 11:59 PM..
Old 09-18-2014, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it honestly so hard to come up with a setlist for these guys? I mean seriously, this took me like 5 minutes;

Monday Morning
Dreams
Say You Love Me
Gypsy
What Makes You Think You're The One
Hold Me
Big Love (Full Band)
Rhiannon
Everywhere

**Acoustic**
Never Going Back Again
Landslide

You Make Loving Fun
Seven Wonders
Everywhere
Oh Well
Get Like You Used To Be
Angel
I'm So Afraid
Gold Dust Woman
Tusk
Silver Springs
Isn't It Midnight
Go Your Own Way

**Encore**
The Chain
Don't Stop
Say Goodbye
Songbird

Boom, the hits, some pre-75 cuts and at least one cut from every album featuring Lindsey, Stevie and/or Christine. It's not hard AND they still get the hits/standards in. Theres really no excuse....
Old 09-18-2014, 03:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Is it honestly so hard to come up with a setlist for these guys? I mean seriously, this took me like 5 minutes;

Monday Morning
Dreams
Say You Love Me
Gypsy
What Makes You Think You're The One
Hold Me
Big Love (Full Band)
Rhiannon
Everywhere

**Acoustic**
Never Going Back Again
Landslide

You Make Loving Fun
Seven Wonders
Everywhere
Oh Well
Get Like You Used To Be
Angel
I'm So Afraid
Gold Dust Woman
Tusk
Silver Springs
Isn't It Midnight
Go Your Own Way

**Encore**
The Chain
Don't Stop
Say Goodbye
Songbird

Boom, the hits, some pre-75 cuts and at least one cut from every album featuring Lindsey, Stevie and/or Christine. It's not hard AND they still get the hits/standards in. Theres really no excuse....
I like it. You must like Everywhere a lot. It's in the set twice!
Old 09-18-2014, 03:32 AM
Senior Ledgie

Replace one for World Turning and you have a perfect setlist
Old 09-18-2014, 03:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

But now a serious question for the die hard fans over here. I love FM very much and have seen them twice over the last 10 years. Do you think songs like Seven Wonders, and Hold Me have any chance to make it now to the setlist????
Old 09-18-2014, 04:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I like it. You must like Everywhere a lot. It's in the set twice!
LOL Didn't notice, one of them was supposed to be Think About Me but oh well. lol
Old 09-18-2014, 04:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The dance View Post
But now a serious question for the die hard fans over here. I love FM very much and have seen them twice over the last 10 years. Do you think songs like Seven Wonders, and Hold Me have any chance to make it now to the setlist????
Seven Wonders, long shot in hell.

Hold Me perhaps. If memory serves, wasn't this rumored to be one of the tracks they considered for 2009 as a Christine tribute?
Old 09-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes. At my meet and greet Mick said it was in the set list but they took it out once they began finalizing the set.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Seven Wonders, long shot in hell.

Hold Me perhaps. If memory serves, wasn't this rumored to be one of the tracks they considered for 2009 as a Christine tribute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Yes. At my meet and greet Mick said it was in the set list but they took it out once they began finalizing the set.

Didn't they play Say You Love Me instead?

If they play Hold Me I will freak out. I would be the weirdo you can hear yelling and wooing over everyone else right before it starts.