Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-14-2003, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stolen Passwords and the fan club fiasco

Someone has started a thread on Mick's board concerning stolne passwords during the first presale:

http://www.mickfleetwood.com/cgi-bin...num=1055508097

For those of you who are unable to access the board this is the post:

Yet again I have some concerns with the next pre-sale. I think Knight should reply though I expect to be ignored. For others on the board I am not posting this to start a war of words and I'm not attacking Jackie or Trinity.

Are the passwords going to be changed for the new presales on Monday?

Since we all know that the memberships have been compromised, why allow passwords to be stolen instead of inconveniencing your staff and taking the time to assure that this doesnt happen again?

I don't see that this has been addressed on these boards - if it has I'm sorry to repeat this stuff.

The Knight has chosen to respond to this:

Hi:

I wanted to respond to the issue being raised about ticket password security on the board. We have had less than 10 requests for changes to passwords to date. We haven’t experienced a major problem here, but understand there are those who are concerned. The statement that, "we all know that the memberships have been compromised . . ." is not true and not fair to the staff working hard to support members.

Since we’re coming to a close of the first leg presales soon, we’ll be changing all ticket passwords for the second leg and assigning random alphanumeric passwords to everyone for the second leg. (Note that the majority of members have randomly generated ticket passwords already and we’ll be changing those too, in the weeks to come.)

Meanwhile, if you are a Club member and feel your ticket password has been compromised, just send an email to fleetwoodsolutions@hotmail.com with the SUBJECT: CHANGE MEMBER TICKET PASSWORD. Include your name, user name and current ticket password in the body of the letter, please.)

We have staff working this weekend day and night. As long as your request is received by us by noon on Sunday (Los Angeles time) we’ll create a new password for you and email it to you before midnight Sunday.

The big problem with password access is still typing in a wrong password or typing in the right password with the wrong case. To get validated by the ticketing systems you have to type in your password EXACTLY as it appears in your letters from us. We have a log of letters and telephone calls and there are nearly 1,000 cases of incorrect password usage. In most of these cases the member begins by stating someone used up their password or that their password doesn’t work – but the situation has been resolved by using the correct upper and lower case password. We have only 3 logged cases of real password failure. These were system issues (Members had webTV or firewall issues and we either got them in to the presale or gave a credit.) We also have members who have purchased 17 or more tickets and can’t get more because there is a 20 ticket per leg limit. (If you already have 17 tickets and you try to get 4 more you’d be over the limit and get rejected.) If you’ve purchased 20 tickets for this leg you can’t get more with either your original or a new password as the new password will carry your prior purchases from this leg. Again – the second leg starts fresh and you can get up to 20 tickets at a max of four per show for that leg.

Hope this is helpful.

The Knight!
Old 06-14-2003, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is like they are licking a**es over there to try to show a unified spirit when all they are doing is showing a transparent effort. They make me sick to my stomach, with brown noses and black tongues.

And as for Knight...ok here is the deal. Passwords were stolen and compromised from the FIRST presale. This was confirmed by dozens of members with more coming forward every day. When an attorney and other officials do look into this (CA Atty Gen, FBI Internet Fraud, BBB), they will discover many, many more because until we proceed to check out to buy tkts at presale, we do not know that our identity was stolen. Using ppls screen names as their "secrect passwords" never made any damn sense but was the easy lazy way out. Not fixing that when fans raised concerns before the presale, was the easy lazy way out, not fixing it after it was a known fact and that it happened with over 100 passwords being used, was a lazy, irresponsible, easy way out. SO....now that it has been made known to the "fraud club" that we have solid proof, (they just did not realize we already did), they are FINALLY going to do something about the compromised issue. He has told us all passwords will be changed for the second leg. Hey, JT, how many tkts have I bought with my membership? NONE...how many you showing..?????

Why do you think that he is doing it NOW? and to wait til ppl complain to change their password, KNOWING that any persons password is their screen name for most of them, is again, irresponsible and just screams in the face of how little respect JT is showing for the fans, for their issues, or for the band. It seems that he would allow this band to be sued in a class action lawsuit. That blows my mind.

He thinks if he drags this out long enough and makes us tired enough we will go away. think again JT. It ain't happening hot stuff.

Last edited by seeknpeace; 06-14-2003 at 12:54 PM..
Old 06-14-2003, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default He's a total loser

Fans expressed concerns as far back as BEFORE the first presale about the passwords that TODD picked for fan club members. He didn't use the passwords the fan club members used. He used their user names.

For him to post about this on the MICK board and NOT address it to the FAN CLUB MEMBERS is just another one of his double messages. "The board is NOT the fan club" yet he used that for his weasely contests and communications, yet when WE used the board for complaints and concerns, OUR posts were deleted.

Just more Toddisms.
Old 06-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Or further, we were banned. How would a fan club member who's been banned even read that?
Old 06-14-2003, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
Or further, we were banned. How would a fan club member who's been banned even read that?
THANK YOU...hey, Jackie, Trin, Cosar, Doc, all of youse guys over there who question why we ask or others ask questions about the fan clubs intentions from that board, YOUR FEARLESS LEADER PUTS US IN A POSITION TO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO FAN CLUB NEWS AND INFO THAT IS POSTED ANYWHERE BUT ON MICKS BOARD. He can't have it both ways. We are not "supposed" to have access to the board, bad us...spit spit..we are the trouble makers. He ain't seen trouble.

What is it gonna take to open your eyes? He has no problem with hanging anyone that he can out to dry so long as he feels like the heat is not on him. TOO LATE. You lose. zing!!!!!
Old 06-14-2003, 04:45 PM
Ledgie

Angry Passwords Stolen

I can honestly say mine and my daughters were stolen and Jackie knows that for a fact because she had to give us new ones and I have the email from her to prove it!!!!! So why do they keep up the lies!!! LANDSLIDE
Old 06-14-2003, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default this is insane!

I am sure this round of fan club tickets will be just as a fiasco as the first sale. I have no faith whatsoever that the system has been fixed or such. What really ticks me off is the MSNBC quotes from JT. Makes it sound like we were forewarned long ago that we might not get great seats. Well then..what is the point of this whole fan club special?

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-14-2003, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: this is insane!

Quote:
Originally posted by tamaraluvsFM
I am sure this round of fan club tickets will be just as a fiasco as the first sale. I have no faith whatsoever that the system has been fixed or such. What really ticks me off is the MSNBC quotes from JT. Makes it sound like we were forewarned long ago that we might not get great seats. Well then..what is the point of this whole fan club special?

Tamara
Tam don't forget that we also have membership cards saying no refund.. He is about a dumb ass.
Old 06-14-2003, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: this is insane!

Quote:
Originally posted by seeknpeace
Tam don't forget that we also have membership cards saying no refund.. He is about a dumb ass.
Love that! LOL! We are so special to get membership cards AND blind seats!! woohoo!!
And no I have no bitter feelings about the Mac..just the official fan club , and as seeknpeace so graciously posted, specifically the dumb ass!

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 06-14-2003, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And no I have no bitter feelings about the Mac..just the official fan club , and as seeknpeace so graciously posted, specifically the dumb ass!
United we stand....we will persevere....we will.....put that in your pipe JT and smoke it...Word for the fans...