Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-22-2015, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sydney show 22nd of October

Well, there you go, i've waited very patiently for this, with the cancelled show in 2013, to watching everyone post videos and reviews of this tour. It was worth the wait, I don't think i ever really appreciated how balanced they were as a band with Christine back. Everything flows better has a counterbalance it's just perfection.

New songs were amazing.... i felt BTLH fell flat due to it's placement in the set, that section was a real rocking part of the show and i kind put an end to that. but Sara was out of this world, best live in person version i've heard. Think About Me, well you could have knocked me over with a feather, if i hadn't heard that during soundcheck i wouldn't have believe you.

Two more shows to go....
Old 10-22-2015, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Glad you enjoyed the show! I just find it odd that they decide to change the setlist on the final leg of the tour, with only 16 shows to go. But I am glad they have a little adventure left in them!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-22-2015, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

My videos. Will keep adding to this post as I upload them. My height was a bit of a hindrance to getting great footage even though I was in the fifth row but anyway...

My battery died in World Turning, but I got some very crappy footage with my phone of a couple of songs. Apologies for the shakiness and poor quality.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"

Last edited by nicole21290; 10-23-2015 at 04:26 AM..
Old 10-22-2015, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did Stevie literally just falsetto the intro to Sara?

OMG I think I'm seeing things...
Old 10-22-2015, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
Did Stevie literally just falsetto the intro to Sara?

OMG I think I'm seeing things...
Where are you hearing falsetto there?
Old 10-22-2015, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm really shocked yet excited Think About Me appeared in the set list. Hope to experience it Live one day. Amazing. Glad they changed up the set list a bit but I really enjoyed the energy of IKINW on the last outing here in the states.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:32 PM
Ledgie

Thanks for posting your videos. That was a really nice version of "Sara." I saw them perform it on the 2013 tour, minus Christine, but I think this version is better. Also enjoyed "Think About Me" with better sound than the previously posted video.

The Internet is a wonderful thing... to be able to watch Fleetwood Mac perform in Sydney here in Minnesota, USA just hours after it happened is fantastic. I had the pleasure of visiting Sydney, Brisbane, and Port Douglas on a vacation 2 years ago and would love to return.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:50 PM

Thanks for posting!! Love that Lindsey made Stevie give him a kiss! Good shots Nicole.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:55 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thank you so much for posting those wonderful videos, I went all teary eyed. I can't wait to see them. Counting down the days (what to wear, what to wear?).

What kind of camera did you bring? I've got a little handycam that takes photos, has anyone had trouble bringing these into venues?

Honestly, it's a dream setlist for me.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmira View Post
Thank you so much for posting those wonderful videos, I went all teary eyed. I can't wait to see them. Counting down the days (what to wear, what to wear?).

What kind of camera did you bring? I've got a little handycam that takes photos, has anyone had trouble bringing these into venues?

Honestly, it's a dream setlist for me.
No problem! I thought I may as well try and get some footage while in a position to do so. Seats for some of my other shows don't have a particularly good vantage point in comparison.

I know NOTHING about cameras and this was my first time using one since I was 11 and had a film camera - disposable and all.... It's just a small (but expensive-ish) digital camera. Had no issues bringing it in. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSC-RX100.../dp/B00889ST2G

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 10-24-2015, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Guardian All Phones Arena, Sydney

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...ions-in-sydney

Fleetwood Mac review – still winning over the generations in Sydney
4 / 5 stars

The band who’ve made peace with the past put on a truly group effort, satisfying old, new and future pop lovers with a nostalgia-light set
What brings someone to a Fleetwood Mac concert in 2015? Hazy memories of Rumours the first time round. The bashed up vinyl inherited from a parent. Another interview with Haim, wearing their influences as openly as their Stevie Nicks-inspired style. Or pure and simple love of pop, never mind the vintage?

Whatever the reason, Sydney’s All Phones Arena boasts a surprisingly all-ages crowd for the first of Fleetwood Mac’s anticipated Australian dates (a 2013 visit was cancelled when band member John McVie started treatment for cancer).

The band have been on hiatus for three months since the last leg of their On With The Show world tour. Lindsey Buckingham complains of blisters on his fingers. Stevie struggles to remember a well-worn anecdote of her first trip to the Velvet Underground in San Francisco.

At least, they tell us they’re blistering and struggling. From here in the side seats, they’re smashing it out of the Olympic park. And even if the three other bandmates vie for less attention than these famous ex-lovers – Mick Fleetwood happy for the most part behind his drumkit – this is a true group show.

A 23-song set takes us from the predictable opener of Chains to the inevitable closer of Go Your Own Way, plus two encores, the second a stripped-down take on Songbird showcasing Christine McVie, back to complete the Rumours line-up. Between those bookends, the biggest crowd reactions come for Tusk, with its relentless Trojan marching beat and later, Buckingham’s guitar-geek pleasing – if somewhat indulgent – solo on Big Love.

You’d expect a night of nostalgia and, sure, we get some songs that haven’t been performed for years: Tusk album track, Think About Me, for example, which “didn’t do very well at the time but we’ve always been rather fond of,” says Christine McVie.

But overall, there’s a sense that the band who say they are in their “last act” have made peace with the past. Introducing Bleed to Love Her (last done live in 1997), it’s Buckingham once again who brings up the heartbreak and breakups and breakdowns that make up the Fleetwood Mac truth and myth.

With everyone back together, “you have to assume a great deal of love,” he concludes – what were songs of “alienation” are now songs of “meditation”. Don’t start, Lindsey. We’ve already got Stevie for all that hippy dippy stuff. The tiny queen of the twirl clops around unselfconciously in her black platforms and shawls, her voice as unforced as her persona.

What brings someone to a Fleetwood Mac gig? In my case, it’s rescuing a friend, a first-time mother who’s barely slept in four-and-a-half months. The wall-to-wall hits visibly revive her, but we each have our songs we need to hear. Mine’s Everywhere. It comes early and doesn’t disappoint, Christine McVie’s vocals unshowy, the song dripping with the tingly feels it’s always had.

My companion is waiting for Landslide, which doesn’t turn up for over an hour. Nicks launches into a rambling “Don’t give up on your dreams” speech before duetting with Buckingham into the familiar chorus: “Time makes you bolder / Even children get older / And I’m getting older too.”

The next day I get a message on my phone: “I was singing to Zara all morning”. Plus a photo of a smiling baby. Looks like the Mac magic is winning over another generation
Old 10-24-2015, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They sort of got it backwards. Austrailia is the one country that didn't get to see SOTM since it returned to the set. And they did it in 09. Still, it had a great run.

The only switch they made that makes me incredibly jelous is think about me replacing over my head. It's cool SYW is "kind of" being represented now, but they replaced a really high energy song with a kind of dull song. They should really replace BTLH with one of Chris and Lindsey's new songs. Austrailia deserves a treat after the unfortunate cancellations from 2013, plus stevie will have to just sit there and swing her tambourine to the bands new stuff she won't partake in!

And this show's Silver Springs might be the best of this whole 2 year tour.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 10-24-2015, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
kind of dull song. They should really replace BTLH with one of Chris and Lindsey's new songs. Austrailia deserves a treat after the unfortunate cancellations from 2013, plus stevie will have to just sit there and swing her tambourine to the bands new stuff she won't partake in!
however much one of the new songs would be spectacular, BTLH is an amazing gorgeous song!! and it's interesting to hear the whole band version after he performed it so much completely solo. although i have no clue why he slowed it down this much all of the sudden.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"