User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I loved Sara and Think About Me. I love the parts in Sara when Lindsey and Stevie sang together. Loved watching Lindsey mouth the song during parts he only played guitar on. Loved Chris' voice in TAM.Haven't watched BTLH yet.
Thank you for the videos, Nicole.
Think About Me kicked some major but! It sounded amazing, better than I thought it would to be honest. It's a terrific song live!

I also enjoyed seeing LB mouth the words to Sara. Just something about seemed very heartfelt. But I also enjoy when Chris mouths the words to Lindsey or Stevie's songs.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-23-2015, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
We think alike because that was my first question when I raced to watch the video. I forwarded it to the end but sadly I did not see Chris sing back up on Sara
Maybe I missed something because I did not watch the entire video but only forwarded to the part where Chris is supposed to sing. She is an angel live on Sara.
I get the impression Nicole Barker doesn't like Christine very much. As I'm watching her videos on YouTube, it's like she's trying to avoid focusing on Christine, even on Christine's songs. There were no shots of Christine in Nicole Barker's Sara video or The Chain.

I am beyond bummed they didn't play Sara in America. While I'm grateful I got to see all five of them play in my lifetime and I got to see You Make Loving Fun, Everywhere, and Say You Love Me and Sara in 2013, Sara (and Hold Me) are my two most favorite songs and it would have been very sentimental to see all five of them perform Sara. I would have given up any other Stevie song for Sara. Vent over. I wonder why they went with Think About Me. I also wonder if they really rehearsed Hold Me back before the tour started last year. Bleed to Love Her is meh to me. I would rather have Eyes of The World with Christine back. Mirage is my favorite album. Gypsy is one of their best songs, but that album deserves more love than just Gypsy.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 10-23-2015 at 11:19 AM..
Old 10-23-2015, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I get the impression Nicole Barker doesn't like Christine very much. As I'm watching her videos on YouTube, it's like she's trying to avoid focusing on Christine, even on Christine's songs. There were no shots of Christine in Nicole Barker's Sara video or The Chain.

I am beyond bummed they didn't play Sara in America. While I'm grateful I got to see all five of them play in my lifetime and I got to see You Make Loving Fun, Everywhere, and Say You Love Me and Sara in 2013, Sara (and Hold Me) are my two most favorite songs and it would have been very sentimental to see all five of them perform Sara. I would have given up any other Stevie song for Sara. Vent over. I wonder why they went with Think About Me. I also wonder if they really rehearsed Hold Me back before the tour started last year. Bleed to Love Her is meh to me. I would rather have Eyes of The World with Christine back. Mirage is my favorite album. Gypsy is one of their best songs, but that album deserves more love than just Gypsy.
I Love Eyes of the World. such a fun, upbeat song. they did it on SYW but not since then. It would be great to hear with Chris back.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-23-2015, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
I Love Eyes of the World. such a fun, upbeat song. they did it on SYW but not since then. It would be great to hear with Chris back.
They did it on the last tour, too (the so-called "Live 2013" tour). And agreed, it's a great, fun song, and I'd love to hear Christine sing on it!
Old 10-23-2015, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post

Your impression is close enough to correct. While I don't dislike Chris, I've never really been a fan, and my interest lays solely with Stevie and Lindsey. I tried to remember to focus over on Chris but she wasn't exactly near to where I was standing so it wasn't something I did as much as I probably ought to have, sorry. It just wasn't a priority to me. I wasn't trying to AVOID Chris. It's just that my natural instinct is to focus and film only SnL. Any Christine in my videos was because of a concerted effort to film her because I knew others would want me to. Apologies for not having enough of her in my videos, though.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 10-23-2015, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I love the song Think About Me. I think if it would have been the first single from Tusk it would have made the top 10. But it still was a modest hit peaking at #20 pop and higher on rock charts. Tusk sold millions of albums and had 3 radio hits.
I hate to hear Christine say "this was a single that did not do terribly well." I have never heard anything like that at a concert before. Her depression comes through with her putting down her music. Last year she said her 2004 solo album was in the pits of hell.
Chris... stop putting down your music. You had most of the hits with Fleetwood Mac in the top 5, top 10, top 20 and even top 30.
I know how depression works since I suffered many years ago. You do put yourself down in subtle ways.
Think About Me was a hit on an album that sold millions.
Having got that off my chest......
I think Love In Store #22 peak is also a great hit and translates live better. I would love to hear that live again.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-23-2015 at 04:59 PM..
Old 10-23-2015, 08:33 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Your impression is close enough to correct. While I don't dislike Chris, I've never really been a fan, and my interest lays solely with Stevie and Lindsey. I tried to remember to focus over on Chris but she wasn't exactly near to where I was standing so it wasn't something I did as much as I probably ought to have, sorry. It just wasn't a priority to me. I wasn't trying to AVOID Chris. It's just that my natural instinct is to focus and film only SnL. Any Christine in my videos was because of a concerted effort to film her because I knew others would want me to. Apologies for not having enough of her in my videos, though.
You did a fantastic job on your recordings considering it was night 1.
I throughly enjoyed all your videos and after seeing them I am so looking forward to seeing the shows in Melbourne.
Thanks again job well done!!
Old 10-23-2015, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for sharing all of your reviews and vids guys.I'm glad they change the setlist for you guys.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-23-2015, 09:29 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustboi View Post
Concert was amazing. I could hear TAM and BTLH being played during the sound check while we waited to go into Mick's meet and greet which was an unexpected but great surprise.

The meet and greet was amazing, I don't know why but I was surprised at how genuinely friendly Mick seemed. He said that the new music will be released in some form or another, with or without a certain member and he also said that he believed the band had one more big tour left in them which he hopes would begin at the end of 2016. I asked him if there was any possibility that they would play Glastonbury to which he replied (after much waffling) 'probably not'.

Security were pretty strict. They would only allow the first row to the stage. I was row 2 and when I went to the stage I was promptly instructed to return or I'll be 'ushered out'. However I absoluteiy refused to sit down so about 4 songs in a security guy came to me and my mate and allowed us to go to the stage! The show was amazing. Christine is quite interactive, I managed to strum Lindsay's guitar and shook hands with Stevie. I think I went a litte crazy and after the concert I had numerous people come up to me to ask if I was the guy in the red t-shirt at the front dancing like a lunatic (!).

Highlights for me were GDW, little lies, Think About Me, ISA, and I had goosebumps for the entirety of Songbird.

Can't wait for Sunday night!
Nice to see a familiar name in this thread! Glad you had such a great time, golddustboi. I don't blame you for going crazy - what an intoxicating night. All five members were in fine form. I thought Stevie's voice sounded better than any of the times I had seen her in the past. Perhaps it was because she had been able to have a break from touring. Christine was a delight and having her songs back made for such a much more balanced setlist. Having (mostly!) avoided YouTube videos until I had seen the show for myself, I was so impressed with the use of the video screens and the impact of the visual elements. It was a much more 'current' show, in that sense, than I had been anticipating. Highlights on Thursday were 'Sara' (I missed 'Sisters Of The Moon', but it was worth sacrificing to have 'Sara' back), 'Everywhere', 'Tusk' and 'Gold Dust Woman' for me. I was way back on the floor on Thursday which let me appreciate the scope of the staging, but I'm excited to be down the front tonight. Bring it on!

x
Old 10-23-2015, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No problem! I thought I may as well try and get some footage while in a position to do so. Seats for some of my other shows don't have a particularly good vantage point in comparison.

I know NOTHING about cameras and this was my first time using one since I was 11 and had a film camera - disposable and all.... It's just a small (but expensive-ish) digital camera. Had no issues bringing it in. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSC-RX100.../dp/B00889ST2G
Quote:
Nicole .You did a beautiful job capturing the show.I have to check that camera you are using because my videos were ruined with distorted sound with my Nikon.Yes I understand what you mean about focusing "pun intended" on favorite band members.I do it with Stevie. Whats great seeing multiple show is I get a chance to capture video or snap shots everything.As long as the camera batteries last. I'm so upset how the sound came out with my tour videos and be embarrass to show them.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-23-2015, 10:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks Nicole for sharing those awesome vids. I too was in row 5 and your vantage point looks very close to where I was.
What an unreal show. So glad you captured TAM. A definite fave and highlight.
Thankyou.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks 2016 View Post
You did a fantastic job on your recordings considering it was night 1.
I throughly enjoyed all your videos and after seeing them I am so looking forward to seeing the shows in Melbourne.
Thanks again job well done!!
Thanks! Haven't even used a camera since I was about eleven, so underestimated how sore my poor shoulders would get, lol. Will have to cut down on the footage I take a little bit, I think. Still. So amazing to see.

Oh, lovely. Glad you'll get to see them. It was really so great.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 10-23-2015, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking of evolution, I was thinking of how Lindsey started his tour whisper singing Not Too Late, an opening quiet interlude to start the show. By the end of the tour he was screaming at the end of the song.

I'd like that with Think About Me. It's harder because they are doing a small band, intimate rendition of the song and it makes sense that it's soft, but I want him to get more animated at the end and just let loose, beccause that's the way the recorded version makes me feel. I hope if the song stays in the setlist, he starts putting chops into the vocal. I don't want him to ruin the mood, but kind of give it a little nuance and variance.

Michele
Old 10-24-2015, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Leave it to the best! Fleetwood Mac thrill fans as they kick off their On With The Show tour in Sydney in first visit Down Under since 2009

ByChloe-lee Longhetti For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 23:13 EST, 22 October 2015

They've just performed shows in countries including the US and UK, as part of their On With The Show World Tour.

And finally kicking off their highly anticipated Australian and New Zealand leg, iconic rock band Fleetwood Mac hit the stage at Sydney's Allphones Arena on Thursday night.

The group thrilled fans, with their high energy performance being one to remember.

Featuring all five leading members of the group - Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie, who collaborated on the hit 70s album Rumours - their supporters took to social media to express their adoration.

One Twitter user, @courtnestle dubbed the evening 'the best night of my life,' in part of her post, adding: 'I cannot believe I saw my favourite band LIVE #FleetwoodMac.'

Another, @IamAlecJones posted how great the night was, writing: 'Sharing one of the most memorable moments last night in Sydney with my mother and brother. Thank you #FleetwoodMac.'

Meanwhile another admirer, @lottienorman, said the band 'still got it,' in part of her tweet.

The group, known for hits including Dreams and Little Lieswill, plays shows over the weekend in Sydney before heading interstate.

Next month, they will head to New Zealand for a string of concerts.

Christine famously took a 16-year break for the band, having retired from it in 1998 but returning officially last year.

The band last toured Australia in 2009 with their Unleashed shows.

Drummer and co-founder Mick this week sat down with Mornings' David Campbell, and spoke about Christine's return.

'It is the five pieces all in place,' Mick said.

'And it's magic, she's really back you know, there she is.'

He said that this won't be their last time on the road and spoke about how younger people are getting into their music.

'There is a lot of young, young people that just know and love the music...they know so much about us. A lot of the drama which is real between the guys and girls in Fleetwood Mac. But its been real. Its not always been a lot of fun, but that's what they see on stage,' he added.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz3pSW3Xyaj
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 10-24-2015, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tone Deaf 23 Oct 2015 / Hannah Teape-Davis

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/462441/wh...alian-tour.htm

Spoiler Alert: What To Expect From Fleetwood Mac’s Australian Tour

Fleetwood Mac are an unmissable icons, and the opening night of their Aussie ‘On With The Show’ tour was a rockfest of the highest calibre. The famed five piece lineup – back together after 16 years of playing sans Christine McVie were on absolute top form, and all members played with the stamina and energy of performers decades their junior.

68-year-old Mick Fleetwood tore up on percussion, while guitarking Lindsey Buckingham went strong all night – the only member not to take a break for a single song the whole set.

Sydney’s Allphones Arena was buzzing with anticipation for the show’s start, and by the time the iconic opening riff of 1977’s ‘The Chain’ rang out, the atmosphere was at fever pitch, and fans were cheering from the get go.

With almost fifty years of first-class material to choose from, there wasn’t a single number the whole evening that wasn’t adored by the crowd. Hits ‘Second Hand News’ and ‘Rhiannon’ went off, and the older crowd demographic definitely didn’t hinder the upbeat, rocking ambience of the night.

An unexpectedly sweet highlight of the night was the rendition of ‘Bleed to Love Her’ from 1997’s The Dance album, the last record the group performed before Chrstine McVie took her departure. Buckingham shared the story of the song, a number that delves into some of the emotion and heartbreak the band has been through personally, and together as a group. Buckingham and McVie shared a couple of sentimental glances, and the number overall was quite touching and sweet.

Stevie Nicks was an absolute treat to look at in her opening ensemble, the kind of outfit that you could just keep looking at and discovering something new. Gypsy crow meets Slovenian grandmother probably describes it – flowing, lacy, glittery, and fabulous, it was classic Nicks, and it was glorious.

The ‘prodigal daughter’ of the group Christine McVie absolutely defied her age, looking elegant, playing beautifully, and bringing an understated air of graciousness to the stage.

Bassist John McVie kept it cool and calm in the wings, opting out of the spotlight and any showboating, but absolutely shredding the whole night. From his deep licks to his gritty endurance you’d never know he is suffering any health problems, and was a pillar and backbone to the whole night’s sound.

Taking a break from the hugeness of the rock show, Lindsey Buckingham performed a cranking solo of Tango in the Night’s single ‘Big Love’ before a short acoustic set with Stevie Nicks covering ‘Landslide’ and ‘Never Going Back Again’.

Rejoined by the rest of the band, they launched into ‘Think About Me’, before playing through an overwhelming stream of hit after hit. ‘Gypsy‘ followed by ‘Little Lies’, and ‘Gold Dust Woman’, before an absolutely massive ‘I’m So Afraid’ culminated in Buckingham screaming with reckless abandon slapping his frets and letting the front row fans play his guitar – the whole moment was so classic rock that it looked like it might end with Buckingham just smashing his guitar right there on stage, though fortunately he restrained himself enough to keep it to jumping on the spot while the crowd lost themselves in the rock.

Finishing up the set with ‘Go Your Own Way’, by the time the number was over not a single person in the arena was sitting, and there were more than a few people wiping a tear from their eyes.

It would be a sin for a band of this calibre to not come back out for an encore, and the crowd revelled in ‘World Turning’, which led into a several minute long Mick Fleetwood drum solo, a number that highlighted just how damn great the guy is, both behind a kit, and on the microphone. The crowd cheered, laughed, and played off Fleetwood as he mirthfully and wildly rocked out.

Don’t Stop’ was a roof raiser, with the whole arena harmonising, and would have been a massive high to finish on – however the group opted go out on a softer note, playing through ‘Silver Springs’ together, before finally closing on a Buckingham McVie duet in ‘Songbird’.

Following the final number Fleetwood returned to the stage for a heartfelt thank you to the fans, to his bandmates, and a timely reminder to take care of ourselves in this crazy world we now find ourselves in. From his little speech, echoing an earlier sentiment Nicks had shared, it’s clear the group is from another time, and however relevant they have made themselves in today’s culture, they are in fact a little world weary.

Fleetwood has hinted in recent interviews that On With The Show will likely be the very final tour of the band – at least as the iconic five-piece they have once again found themselves. His little speech was emotive, and perhaps a touching, if veiled farewell.

Maybe it was something in the water, but the 70s seemed to breed a different set of performers, and Fleetwood Mac are among some of the best. The group should basically be a ‘how to guide’ for current musos on how to put on an unforgettable performance. Thursday’s opening night of their Australian tour was absolutely exceptional, a simply wonderful night, and remarkable performance.