Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No, not in three months.

My experience has been that it's no less than six months if everything goes as planned. I work for one of the most prolific artists ever, and I can't think of when it's been less.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-19-2015, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

They can work together - on the road or wherever. Writing songs together? No, I don't think that will happen for a FM project at this point in time. Not in the 'traditional' way.

"She’s not a witch, but she has an attraction to those mystical creatures because they’re fun to write about. So she gave me the rights to her music and she and Lindsay [sic] Buckingham are working on a special sort of redo of a song they did about a witch."
- Ryan Murphy, 2013

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-19-2015, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
perhaps. they already have Lindsey's and Christine's songs mostly done. so if they are working on Stevie's songs now, on the road...
Where's that "not gonna happen" gif when we need it??
Old 03-20-2015, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Where's that "not gonna happen" gif when we need it??
You called? I have a whole set of them, lol.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-20-2015, 03:30 AM
PenguinHead
This message has been deleted by PenguinHead. Reason: double vision
Old 03-20-2015, 03:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Never once in a million years will Stevie and Lindsey ever collaborate in that manner. They have never had a Simon and Garfunkel or Hall and Oates type of collaboration and chemistry, Why would anybody expect that now?

I don't believe in the perpetuated notion that Stevie doesn't want Lindsey producing her songs. He is responsible for taking her raw talent and crafting the songs that launched her into stardom. She is well aware of that.

I think the experience of recording Say You Will really soured her creative relationship with Lindsey because of various circumstances. Without Christine there, the balance of power shifted. It's not so much of how she didn't like how he produced her songs, its more about how she didn't feel connected to the process. It was a dark time in her life, and the enduring isolation suffered during the recording that album made it even darker.

Dave Stewart was like a beacon of light that opened her eyes to a world where recording can be a fun experience that's expedient and full of levity. Let's face it: Lindsey is a pretty serious and controlling guy who likes working alone. His process is fastidious and solitary. Dave is the polar opposite personality. His process is spontaneous and collaborative. So I can understand her hesitance in committing to work with Lindsey.

With Christine back in the fray, I assume Stevie would love to create new music with her. But she doesn't want to Lindsey to rein over everything. Lindsey has spoken in the past, entertaining the possibility of bringing in a co-producer -- be it Dave or someone else. I think that would be the ideal situation which Stevie would be more amenable with, as Lindsey's influence would be countered and balanced.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-20-2015 at 03:59 AM..
Old 03-20-2015, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, in a weird way you can say that they usually do co-write. That dressingroom Wild Heart shows a LB track under a SN melody/ lyric. If that version did appear on mirage, I'm sure it would have been credited as a Nicks-song. And now we know it as a Nicks song AND a LB song Can't Go Back. Lindsey always have lent his musical windowdressideas to songs. It's just a matter of choice if you count something as a cowrite or see it as an arrangement. Either way, he put his stamp on almost everything she ever did under the Macflag.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Well, in a weird way you can say that they usually do co-write. That dressing room Wild Heart shows a LB track under a SN melody/ lyric. If that version did appear on mirage, I'm sure it would have been credited as a Nicks-song. And now we know it as a Nicks song AND a LB song Can't Go Back.
Gerald, I'm surprised you don't know this. It could never be credited as a Nicks song. During that particular photo shoot, Stevie was playing all the musical tracks that had just been laid down by Fleetwood Mac. When the future Can't Go Back came on, Stevie and the girls had already been singing The Wild Heart to it and were simply singing it for Annie Leibovitz at that moment.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

this band couldn't fart in a mason jar in three months...
Old 03-20-2015, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
You called? I have a whole set of them, lol.

it never gets old
Old 03-20-2015, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I honestly see the band taking a much needed break from each other during those 3 months. Perhaps after that November show they will reorganize and try to figure out the album gameplan. Either way, I don't see these kids doing anything substantial until next year. I hope dearly I'm proven wrong.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Well, in a weird way you can say that they usually do co-write. That dressingroom Wild Heart shows a LB track under a SN melody/ lyric. If that version did appear on mirage, I'm sure it would have been credited as a Nicks-song. And now we know it as a Nicks song AND a LB song Can't Go Back. Lindsey always have lent his musical windowdressideas to songs. It's just a matter of choice if you count something as a cowrite or see it as an arrangement. Either way, he put his stamp on almost everything she ever did under the Macflag.
Yea. I wish they would mash up two songs and release it someday.I love the arrangement on the dressingroom video.To bad she could not use Lindsey's mix for her studio version.It was heading to the Mirage album. I would die if FM starts playing Can't Go Back live and Stevie walks up to the mike and start singing "WildHeart". The casual would say "What the heck is that" Us FM fans would say."Oh my god".....

By wishful thinking. Maybe the "Wildheart ,Cant Go Back" combo mix could show up her next 24K album.I would love to see her recreate it like it was in the video.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-20-2015, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
this band couldn't fart in a mason jar in three months...
Hahahahahaha..........LOL..

They are all gassed out and exhausted now.........LOL.......

They need to recharge their batteries.

They remind me of the Energizer bunny .The keep on going and going.I'm proud of them at that age but I'm starting to worry about their health.

Last edited by Macfanforever; 03-20-2015 at 12:39 PM..
Old 03-20-2015, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I honestly see the band taking a much needed break from each other during those 3 months. Perhaps after that November show they will reorganize and try to figure out the album gameplan. Either way, I don't see these kids doing anything substantial until next year. I hope dearly I'm proven wrong.
I agree .They need the time off.They can relax and go over some of the new tunes for the new album.

Probably would be a fat chance if Stevie would do any solo touring and solo works .Shes already been around on the road with FM almost twice already in the last 5 plus months but I would love to see her sneak in a few solo dates if she can.She probably do some TV/Radio interviews though.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Gerald, I'm surprised you don't know this. It could never be credited as a Nicks song. During that particular photo shoot, Stevie was playing all the musical tracks that had just been laid down by Fleetwood Mac. When the future Can't Go Back came on, Stevie and the girls had already been singing The Wild Heart to it and were simply singing it for Annie Leibovitz at that moment.
Ha Ha, I usually don't know anything compared to people over here. Thanks for pointing it out.
Still, the basic idea of my story stands. I bet a lot of Lindsey's rough songideas or improvised tracks without a real destination became parts of arrangements. And that it was not always clear what was a cowrite or an arrangement.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I can see them needing a break after the tour and I think it can only benefit them. No one wants them in the studio burnt out and cranky. Let them separate and when they reconvene maybe they'll be glad to reunite and reignite the creative spark. I think taking the rest of this year off is great. Now that we're so close to it, 2016 doesn't sound bad, but 2017 did.

Michele