User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The New Album Thread

Good morning Ledgies!

This is a place to discuss any news or developments regarding the proposed new Fleetwood Mac studio album.

A good way to start, I guess, is to list some things that we already know about the new studio album.
  • Mick Fleetwood says that they have a "****load of new songs"
  • New songs include: Too Far Gone, How I Feel, Carnival Begin, Red Sun, Hunger, Lay Down for Free. Note: please add any new song titles that I may have missed!
  • Too Far Gone has been described by a music journalist as "a danceable new track" or something similar
  • Christine says that Carnival Begin is a song about her fear of flying and how she overcame it
  • Stevie Nicks appears not to have involved herself in the recording of new songs so far
  • Lindsey, Christine, John and Mick have recorded together at Village Studios. Correct the name of the studio please if I have it wrong.
  • Lindsey has described the new material as "profound" or too profound not to be released
  • The band appears determined to have Stevie Nicks participating in the recording process and to have songs featured on the new album. This appears to be the main roadblock to the new album's eventual release

Feel free to add anything else new album-related.

Cheers!
Old 07-26-2015, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

,Stevie Nicks is the only one who is not excited about a new album.
.Stevie Nicks is being a major pain in the ass.
Stevie Nicks wanted Christine Mc Vie back SO bad but only if it involves a cash grab tour.
Have I missed anything?
Old 07-27-2015, 06:17 AM
Registered

Hate to be annoying here, but we already have a million threads regarding this:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54174

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=55134

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52726

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54435

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...t=54789&page=5

Maybe the ledge moderators can merge this?
Old 07-27-2015, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

More likely I agree.Tidy up the forum and merge them here in one thread.

I can understand the frustration over this new album. It will happen soon.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-27-2015, 11:55 AM

Maybe chatting about it will breath life into it. The universe wants a new FM album.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
More likely I agree.Tidy up the forum and merge them here in one thread.

I can understand the frustration over this new album. It will happen soon.
I went back as far as late last year, and merged 7 threads into this one. I could have merged more, but some threads had very specific concentrations, such as Stevie's reticence to record. I can rope those in, too if the board thinks it would be beneficial... but then we'd have one massive, unwieldy thread.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:19 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I went back as far as late last year, and merged 7 threads into this one. I could have merged more, but some threads had very specific concentrations, such as Stevie's reticence to record. I can rope those in, too if the board thinks it would be beneficial... but then we'd have one massive, unwieldy thread.
Thanks! It's very neat now
Old 07-27-2015, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for merging all the threads!
Old 07-30-2015, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
,Stevie Nicks is the only one who is not excited about a new album.
.Stevie Nicks is being a major pain in the ass.
Stevie Nicks wanted Christine Mc Vie back SO bad but only if it involves a cash grab tour.
Have I missed anything?
No, you didn't miss anything. That sums it up right. Stevie Nicks is being a massive pain in the arse. Stevie Nicks is sabotaging any hope of a new album.

Okay, maybe that is a tad melodramatic, but the will for a new album has been there since late 2012 and it still has not happened and Stevie Nicks is the only person in the band who has had nothing to do with the recording of new songs.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If Stevie stays in a "Say You Won't" mood, a Nicks-free album is still a viable option. "Say You Will" was a Christine McVie-free album. Though I appreciate that album for what it is, I think a Buckingham/McVie combo would create a lively, distinct vibe.

But being that this is likely Fleetwood Mac's last album, I still find it unsettling and somewhat shameful, but not surprising, that Stevie is leaving them hanging. Rock on hypocrite Cash Queen. The band is a hindrance, a burden, a barrier to her precious freedom -- except when there's the incentive of big money on a world tour.

In the recording studio, all the heavy lifting is done by Lindsey and the rest of the musicians in the band. They put in the most time and sweat equity. The work is demanding, but it's the least demanding for Stevie. It's bothersome she's so carelessly ambivalent about the historic implications of backing out of the band's finale. Where is her sense of gratitude? If she doesn't concede, it's something she will surely regret in her latter years.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 07-30-2015 at 03:47 AM..
Old 07-30-2015, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
If Stevie stays in a "Say You Won't" mood, a Nicks-free album is still a viable option. "Say You Will" was a Christine McVie-free album. Though I appreciate that album for what it is, I think a Buckingham/McVie combo would create a lively, distinct vibe.

But being that this is likely Fleetwood Mac's last album, I still find it unsettling and somewhat shameful, but not surprising, that Stevie is leaving them hanging. Rock on hypocrite Cash Queen. The band is a hindrance, a burden, a barrier to her precious freedom -- except when there's the incentive of big money on a world tour.

In the recording studio, all the heavy lifting is done by Lindsey and the rest of the musicians in the band. They put in the most time and sweat equity. The work is demanding, but it's the least demanding for Stevie. It's bothersome she's so carelessly ambivalent about the historic implications of backing out of the band's finale. Where is her sense of gratitude? If she doesn't concede, it's something she will surely regret in her latter years.
The only reason she did the tour was because of Christine. She doesn't need the money. She is also tired.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
The only reason she did the tour was because of Christine. She doesn't need the money. She is also tired.
Because Christine being back makes it a big money maker. She could have agreed to an album and then tour. The other 4 were on clearly on board for that. But instead she agreed to just a tour. A long ass tour. She's tired? The others are in the same position that she's in.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 07-30-2015 at 06:55 AM..
Old 07-30-2015, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Because Christine being back makes it a big money maker. She could have agreed to an album and then tour. The other 4 were on clearly on board for that. But instead she agreed to just a tour. A long ass tour. She's tired? The others are in the same position that she's in.
That's not true. You're just upset. She wasn't going to come back to the Mac but Christine is her friend. She was going to do another solo album. It's not her fault if Christine came back. That changed Stevie's plans.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
She really does look tired. The rest of them seem energized.
I can understand if she's tired.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am sure Stevie is not into a FM album because she has no material to contribute and finds writing really difficult in recent years. The only thing she has written and recorded since SYW is Soldier's Angel, as far as I can tell. Other songs released since then are either co-written, with someone else providing melody, or vault songs. She sees Lindsey and Chris being creative and she feels she cannot play that game anymore.
I bet she will contribute to a new FM album but just co-writes and vault things.