The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe thats the reason why the current crop of music is so bland with the writers are not into the stuff.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-14-2015, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
5 years from now or maybe when they are all dead...
The posthumous new album from Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-14-2015, 06:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The posthumous new album from Fleetwood Mac.
Entitled 24KT Mold: Songs from the Crypt.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Entitled 24KT Mold: Songs from the Crypt.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

With two months to go before the tour starts up again, I wish we had an update on what was happening with the band right now. I hope they are writing and or thinking of the next album even if they're not doing any actual recording.
Stevie should be going through those demos right now......
Old 08-28-2015, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been thinking (hoping) that Stevie has been doing something related to the new album. I'm sure she has heard everything Chris and Lindsey has been working on. It's possible she added some of her vocals to the tracks. I really hope it's a double album/cd release.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I really hope it's a double album/cd release.
That would be great! A modern day "Tusk".
Old 08-29-2015, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The hooha over the "reunion" with Christine has died completely down now. The culture has moved on. Another botched marketing opportunity, another year. Oh, well. What's next for Fleetwood Mac? Another tour of top-to-bottom back catalog and talk of a "beautiful, profound, and poetic new chapter"? Fleetwood Mac is the PBS pledge break of rock.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-29-2015, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The hooha over the "reunion" with Christine has died completely down now. The culture has moved on. Another botched marketing opportunity, another year. Oh, well. What's next for Fleetwood Mac? Another tour of top-to-bottom back catalog and talk of a "beautiful, profound, and poetic new chapter"? Fleetwood Mac is the PBS pledge break of rock.
I hate to agree with this, but I do. I think the best we can hope for is some greatest hits thing with some added new tracks. And even that may be a long shot.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I hate to agree with this, but I do. I think the best we can hope for is some greatest hits thing with some added new tracks. And even that may be a long shot.
I know what you mean. Still, I think there will be something more than this. A whole new album may be unlikely since so many rightly cite industry factors, and inter-group bull s--t, but given that Fleetwood, Buckingham, and C. McVie publicized the new music in Rolling Stone as it was being recorded, and all three have cited its importance, I DO think there will be, at the very least, an EP to download electronically.

It's all so sad sad sad sad sad. They could have had the album out by now and already started touring it. Imagine the big deal THAT could have been.
Old 08-29-2015, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I usually don't respond to all this negative Debbie downer BS but I have to say.......I agree the marketing lost opportunity on re releasing Live 1980 ,Mirage and Tango during this tour was plain stupid. ( Not to mention not releasing Buckingham/Nicks during their last tour) but..... There will be a new album released within the next year. I have followed this band for almost 40 years, it will happen.it will be a their swan song and it will be on the charts!
Old 08-29-2015, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I usually don't respond to all this negative Debbie downer BS but I have to say.......I agree the marketing lost opportunity on re releasing Live 1980 ,Mirage and Tango during this tour was plain stupid. ( Not to mention not releasing Buckingham/Nicks during their last tour) but..... There will be a new album released within the next year. I have followed this band for almost 40 years, it will happen.it will be a their swan song and it will be on the charts!
Thank god we have this in writing.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sure she has heard everything Chris and Lindsey has been working on. It's possible she added some of her vocals to the tracks. I really hope it's a double album/cd release.
I also hope the album will have more than 12 tracks. I have doubts that Stevie has heard anything that Christine and Lindsey have worked on; she appears so ambivalent about it.

If she did receive the material and listen to it, I hope it has the appeal to inspire her to get on board.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and sell the re=masters AT the shows... getting the records to the most likely consumers... they seriously need new business managers!
Old 08-29-2015, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I know what you mean. Still, I think there will be something more than this. A whole new album may be unlikely since so many rightly cite industry factors....
I don't know what industry factors are of such concern. Certainly CD sales are not what they use to be, but the market still exists. Artists still release CDs, and Vinyl has made a comeback. People still desire a physical product which substantiates the work with intimacy.

A digital product offers economy and convenience, but vaporizes a full connection to the music. I compare it to reading a digital e-book -- it's a sterile experience in comparison to holding a book in your hands. It's the tactile act - the manual turning of the pages, the smell of the paper...a physical and visual presence that makes you have a more intimate relationship with the work.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-29-2015 at 10:12 PM..