Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2024, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This stripped down version has only amplified my apathy for this song, but it has also helped me better identify what I dislike about it:
- the persistent beat (like a pounding headache)
- Lindsey's doo-wops

Change the beat to something much more dynamic,
and swap out Lindsey's doo-wops for some distorted guitar licks,
and I won't be able to fight it.
Basically make it more edgy like YMLF and less toothless like Honey Hi (which is still funkier than this).
Old 04-15-2024, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
This stripped down version has only amplified my apathy for this song, but it has also helped me better identify what I dislike about it:
- the persistent beat (like a pounding headache)
- Lindsey's doo-wops

Change the beat to something much more dynamic,
and swap out Lindsey's doo-wops for some distorted guitar licks,
and I won't be able to fight it.
Basically make it more edgy like YMLF and less toothless like Honey Hi (which is still funkier than this).
Funny because all those things you dont like about it are the things that I love about it. I love the pounding beat and Lindsey's doo-wops.
The drumming is spectacular IMHO. Meshed with Chris's playing creates a very bouncy track which I find appealing and very catchy.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-15-2024 at 07:59 AM..
Old 04-15-2024, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I am not obsessed with Old Goatsy. I'd give ANYTHING if she'd bit the big one instead of Christine. One less crazy, self absorbed narcissist in this world.
Oh come on Homer!!! I even read threads in Christine or any forum where the topic has nothing to do with Stevie, and then you mention her. It doesn't annoy me, but I don't find it necessary for her to always be present in our posts, especially after what she did.

I mean, I think like Oscar Wilde: There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about. That means if you speak badly or speak well of someone, in both cases you are doing them a favor. Ignoring them is the best punishment and actually drives them crazy, specially someone narcissistic.

PS: I don't wish death on anyone, not even the guy who stole my mobile that night.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Oh come on Homer!!! I even read threads in Christine or any forum where the topic has nothing to do with Stevie, and then you mention her. It doesn't annoy me, but I don't find it necessary for her to always be present in our posts, especially after what she did.

I mean, I think like Oscar Wilde: There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about. That means if you speak badly or speak well of someone, in both cases you are doing them a favor. Ignoring them is the best punishment and actually drives them crazy, specially someone narcissistic.

PS: I don't wish death on anyone, not even the guy who stole my mobile that night.
How do you talk about FM, without mentioning ~the most popular~ member? Even though she's a talentless hack, she's the seat filler. So it's pretty much impossible to leave her out of the discussions. Ideal FM for me would be if Mick had shown her the door when she issued her Lindsey ultimatum.

You wouldn't trade Stevie for Christine? I'd push the old bat straight back off a cliff. "Ooh look, Christine's back! All is well in the world!"
Old 04-15-2024, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Ideal FM for me would be if Mick had shown her the door when she issued her Lindsey ultimatum.

You wouldn't trade Stevie for Christine? I'd push the old bat straight back off a cliff. "Ooh look, Christine's back! All is well in the world!"
These people love money and luxury too much. All of them.

Somehow, I don't think playing smaller 5,000 seat venues and traveling on a tour bus would work for them - especially at this age.

That's what a Fleetwood Mac tour without Stevie Nicks looks like.

I'm sure the mode of traveling and meager profit for the Buckingham McVie Tour was an eye opener.

It's 20,000 seat arenas, jets, and The Four Seasons - or nothing.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
These people love money and luxury too much. All of them.

Somehow, I don't think playing smaller 5,000 seat venues and traveling on a tour bus would work for them - especially at this age.

That's what a Fleetwood Mac tour without Stevie Nicks looks like.

I'm sure the mode of traveling and meager profit for the Buckingham McVie Tour was an eye opener.

It's 20,000 seat arenas, jets, and The Four Seasons - or nothing.
Agreed. ARTISTS would do the smaller venues. Stevie and Mick are especially addicted to living "the grand life".

Except Mick's a loser, but he knows how to suck up.