The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2015, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Poor Stevie. They scolded her all of the time.

In the Tusk photo shoot, Christine wanted her in the band line up and is like, "what are you doing over there. Get over here."

In the Tusk video, when Lindsey pulls on Stevie's dress for her to sit down, Christine leans over Mick and laughs with Lindsey as if to say, "I'm glad you said something."

And I laughed when Stevie said that Lindsey didn't want to look out the window of the recording studio and see her twirling a baton, during Tusk.

Michele
Old 03-12-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Poor Stevie. They scolded her all of the time.

In the Tusk photo shoot, Christine wanted her in the band line up and is like, "what are you doing over there. Get over here."

In the Tusk video, when Lindsey pulls on Stevie's dress for her to sit down, Christine leans over Mick and laughs with Lindsey as if to say, "I'm glad you said something."

And I laughed when Stevie said that Lindsey didn't want to look out the window of the recording studio and see her twirling a baton, during Tusk.

Michele
The body language of these people toward her is so funny, sometimes.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

I remember during the Dance when Chris went to get a tambo and Stevie had an array of them and she was offering Christine one after the other and Christine basically had to push her off. I just want to grab a tambourine and get back to my mic. I don't want to make a production out of the selection process.

Michele
Old 03-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
probably because, by her own account, she was totally high most of the time and thus out on planet Stevie somewhere. Someone needed to be keeping an eye on her. God knows left to herself what kind of trouble she'd end up in.

In the Tusk video when Lindsey yanks her back down, she's jumping around, waving her sun hat… in her high heeled shoes up in the stands. I was waiting for her to go toppling over and just rolling down the stairs of the stands. It's kind of a testament to Lindsey that he didn't just let her. Maybe if there'd been no camera…...

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 03-13-2015 at 01:57 AM..
Old 03-12-2015, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
In the Tusk video when Lindsey yanks her back down, she's jumping around, waving her sun hat… in her high heeled shoes up in the stands. I was waiting for her to go toppling over and just rolling down the stairs of the stands. It's kind of a testament to Lindsey that he didn't just let her. Maybe it there'd be no camera…...
Stevie buries her face in her hands and giggles sheepishly. She's kind of cute.

Michele
Old 03-12-2015, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know Bombaysaffires, you were saying earlier how effortlessly Stevie hit those high notes. I've thought the same way about her heels. She didn't just walk in them, she leaped. She could jump up at will as if the shoes had springs on them. In the Angel videos we have, you know she's just jumping almost as if she didn't have to bend her knees. She just thought about being off the ground and -- suddenly -- she was.

Now, when I see her walk across the stage in the ankle boots that are really chic, but too high for her, I can it's a strain. The increasing difficulty and effort is an analogy for a lot of things.

Michele
Old 03-12-2015, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know Bombaysaffires, you were saying earlier how effortlessly Stevie hit those high notes. I've thought the same way about her heels. She didn't just walk in them, she leaped. She could jump up at will as if the shoes had springs on them. In the Angel videos we have, you know she's just jumping almost as if she didn't have to bend her knees. She just thought about being off the ground and -- suddenly -- she was.

Now, when I see her walk across the stage in the ankle boots that are really chic, but too high for her, I can it's a strain. The increasing difficulty and effort is an analogy for a lot of things.

Michele
heck she could could karate kick in those suckers!

Old 03-13-2015, 01:42 AM
Ledgie

Wow! I love this board, so many different views to consider. I want to disclaim right now that I have had a few drinks, so this post may be all over the place. I just have a bunch of thoughts about our band. First of all Stevie will definitely make an album with Fleetwood Mac. There is No way she would not be apart of that, I'd bet my life. I love Lindsey as an artist, and Stevie is no angel, but there is more to that than we will ever know because they are loyal. Everyone gets on Stevie, but it seems Lindsey was controlling, and she has hinted that he is still annoyed that she has a solo career. Honestly, if Lindsey had a sucessful solo career on the par of Stevie,we'd be having a different argument..

Last edited by AmbrFireflie; 03-13-2015 at 01:48 AM..
Old 03-13-2015, 04:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbrFireflie View Post
... but it seems Lindsey was controlling, and she has hinted that he is still annoyed that she has a solo career. Honestly, if Lindsey had a sucessful solo career on the par of Stevie,we'd be having a different argument..
I'm glad you are enjoying your wine. I'm a red wine drinker and will admit I might have recklessly wrote few posts here while under the influence (I'm a sober insomniac at this moment).

Lindsey has always been a leader of sorts since the Buckingham Nicks era. His controlling nature is no surprise to Stevie. Yet to a certain extent, that trait has served the band well. Yes, they are a democracy, but they are also largely dependent on Lindsey's guidance and ability to meld all the disparate musical pieces together to form the whole.

I don't feel that any member of the band gives a sh*t about her career. Lindsey is not jealous of Stevie's solo success. His solo career operates on a alternative scale; his concept of success leans more toward artistic satisfaction rather than commercial achievement. I'm sure he wishes that he could profit more from his work. But he's not in competition with Stevie's career in terms of power. Stevie needs a village to realize her artistic visions. Lindsey needs no one.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 03-13-2015 at 06:10 AM..
Old 03-13-2015, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I'm glad you are enjoying your wine. I'm a red wine drinker and will admit I might have recklessly wrote few posts here while under the influence (I'm a sober insomniac at this moment).

Lindsey has always been a leader of sorts since the Buckingham Nicks era. His controlling nature is no surprise to Stevie. Yet to a certain extent, that trait has served the band well. Yes, they are a democracy, but they are also largely dependent on Lindsey's guidance and ability to meld all the disparate musical pieces together to form the whole.

I don't feel that any member of the band gives a sh*t about her career. Lindsey is not jealous of Stevie's solo success. His solo career operates on a alternative scale; his concept of success leans more toward artistic satisfaction rather than commercial achievement. I'm sure he wishes that he could profit more from his work. But he's not in competition with Stevie's career in terms of power. Stevie needs a village to realize her artistic visions. Lindsey needs no one.
Yes, I'm sure at least earlier he was disappointed in not being more successful but even so it never caused him to alter his artistic vision in the name of having more hits.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:

Michele

She used to rock those platforms!
Old 03-17-2015, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
At Christine's age it will probably be a glass of Metamucil or Ensure.
Evil I tell you,just evil!!!!I knew there was something I liked about you
Old 03-19-2015, 02:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Another member posted this video of them performing Landslide last night in Nashville, and I guess I just thought it was touching.

I get so frustrated in Stevie's demeanor towards the rest of the band sometimes, especially Lindsey. But then they have these little wonderful moments every once in a while and it makes me think maybe they're not as bad off as we all make them out to be.

And maybe it wasn't "genuine" and maybe it was...but it gives me a little hope that things aren't as tumultuous between them and that maybe they will be able to work together to give us at least one more album.

Regardless..it's nice to see these moments between them. I like when they're affectionate with each other (in a plutonic sense). I wish they could bottle these feelings and use them when they decide to make new music together again.