The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2024, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's not forget that the project was never initially intended to be a "duet" album. It was going to be a Fleetwood Mac album. They started calling it a duet album after it was clear $tevie was opting out. My point being, the material wasn't constructed with that specific model in mind.

I do agree, it would be nice to hear her more prominently on his songs. I suspect she might actually be in the mix on some tracks, but she's blended (too well) amongst the many layers.
Old 04-25-2024, 08:12 AM

Christine literally sings lead for a whole verse of Don't Stop. You guys are smoking too much (or not enough).

They interchange lead vocals in the chorus too. Their voices do sound the same in many regards.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 04-25-2024 at 08:30 AM..
Old 04-25-2024, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Let's not forget that the project was never initially intended to be a "duet" album. It was going to be a Fleetwood Mac album. They started calling it a duet album after it was clear $tevie was opting out. My point being, the material wasn't constructed with that specific model in mind.

I do agree, it would be nice to hear her more prominently on his songs. I suspect she might actually be in the mix on some tracks, but she's blended (too well) amongst the many layers.
Yep! It was a Fleetwood Mac album. The duet idea was a way to release the album without calling it Fleetwood Mac. Let’s not forget there is no mention as a “duet album” on its title. Kinda like Buckingham Nicks.

Last edited by BLY; 04-25-2024 at 08:54 AM..
Old 04-25-2024, 08:48 AM

You guys leave Lindsey alone!!! You're lucky he even tours and barks and screams for you people!!
Old 04-25-2024, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I still want to hear Christine's version of Carnival Begin before Lindsey turned it into I'm So Afraid
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think it could sound more like Wish You Were Here or Sooner Or Later, two songs I think sound like this one (I'm just saying they sound very similar in structural terms)
Old 04-25-2024, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think it could sound more like Wish You Were Here or Sooner Or Later, two songs I think sound like this one (I'm just saying they sound very similar in structural terms)
Sooner or later the Carnival will begin
Slip and I fall and I dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..................
Old 04-25-2024, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if some Lindsey songs were already recorded when he and Christine decided to make this album.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Um, what? On all three songs you listed both Lindsey's and Christine's vocals can be heard clearly and you can distinguish one from the other. For songs like Sleeping Around the Corner and Love is Here to Stay, this is not the case. Both great songs (I tell a lie, I bloody hate Love is Here to Stay and usually skip it when I listen to BuckVie), but I doubt Christine is singing on those recordings.
If you go back and read the post to which I was responding, IT stated how well their voices blend. So don't put words in my mouth that weren't there to begin with.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
If you go back and read the post to which I was responding, IT stated how well their voices blend. So don't put words in my mouth that weren't there to begin with.
There are too many other things in your mouth.
Old 04-25-2024, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
There are too many other things in your mouth.
With you as my mentor, did I have a choice?

It ain't freedom in there.
Old 04-25-2024, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
With you as my mentor, did I have a choice?
Under the aforementioned context, do not ask me to be your mentor. You may regret it.

Old 04-25-2024, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Under the aforementioned context, do not ask me to be your mentor. You may regret it.

There's no stopping her!
Old 04-25-2024, 01:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Just to chime in - my thoughts echo most here.

But to add: I saw BuckMcVie twice - once toward the beginning of the tour in Atlanta then again toward the end in Orlando.

During the Atlanta show the songs were done much like on the album - but by the time Orlando came along Christine started to harmonize with Lindsey on almost all the verses of his BuckMcVie songs. It sounded great! I wish that's how they had done it on the album.

Did anyone else see the tour twice and notice that Christine actually became part of Lindsey's songs more so than on the album in the later shows?
Old 04-25-2024, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyGloff View Post
Just to chime in - my thoughts echo most here.

But to add: I saw BuckMcVie twice - once toward the beginning of the tour in Atlanta then again toward the end in Orlando.

During the Atlanta show the songs were done much like on the album - but by the time Orlando came along Christine started to harmonize with Lindsey on almost all the verses of his BuckMcVie songs. It sounded great! I wish that's how they had done it on the album.

Did anyone else see the tour twice and notice that Christine actually became part of Lindsey's songs more so than on the album in the later shows?
Atlanta was show #1, correct? I was first row for show #2, in Nashville. Months later I saw them again in Louisville. But I had bad tickets for this one. I enjoyed it, but of course nothing compares to front row, pushing roses into Christine's toeses. I remember every detail about Nashville, but not so much about Louisville. And the odd thing is that we were f*cked up in Nashville(I live downtown, and can walk to the venue), and I remember everything, but was completely sober in Louisville(I drove home after the show), and don't remember much.
So, Christine carrying a drink for all those decades proves that she was right!