The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jessica uploaded a video of her areal hooping (is that even a word?), the location looks veeery familiair.....

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 12-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Deap Vally | Stevie Nicks Playlist Written by Georgina Langford

Deap Vally play scuzzy blues rock'n'roll that references their love of Led Zeppelin and The White Stripes – not what might be expected of two girls who met in a learn-to-crochet class back home in California. Drummer Julie Edwards and singer/guitarist Lindsay Troy have caught the attention of both critics and their fellow musicians; Josh Homme personally asked them to support Eagles of Death Metal. Both girls are huge Fleetwood Mac fans, so they shared their top Stevie Nicks tracks, as well as telling District MTV what's going on during their UK tour.

District MTV: Where in the world are you and what are you doing?

Deap Vally: Shepherds Bush in London. We're here for a live session at Maida Vale with Zane Lowe for BBC Radio 1.

D: What does Stevie Nicks mean to you?

DV: Stevie Nicks is one of the most influential front-women of rock in the last fifty years. She's got that unmistakable voice, that sexy hair, that style, that swagger, those songs. Girlfriend's got it goin' on. Oh, and I'm named after Lindsey Buckingham. Pretty f***ing cool.

D: Your ultimate musical style icons?

DV: Led Zeppelin.

D: Your essential on-stage wardrobe?

DV: We are junkies for rock 'n'roll glamour. What we wear on stage is so important to us because we're rock warriors and we need our uniforms. I always wear cut-offs and chains, sequins, leather, fringing... Julie will usually rock a minidress. Our outfits are custom-made by our friends who are crazy talented designers - Kittinhawk and Michelle Rose.

D: Where has been the most inspiring place you have visited?

DV: New York. We were there for CMJ. We played 5 shows in 4 days -- It was a total whirlwind, we received so much love there. The shows were amazing. The pizza was life-changing. The pastrami ridiculous. I went jogging across the Williamsburg Bridge a couple times; it's a pretty epic run.

D: Your favourite place to shop?

DV: American Vintage, Wasteland (Los Angeles), Lemonfrog Shop (Echo Park).

D: Why did you choose these songs?

DV: Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen. So heavy, Nicks at her most ferocious.

Fleetwood Mac – Rhiannon. Everything about this song is perfect - the tension, the simplicity, the melody, the harmonies, the basic beat.

Fleetwood Mac – Dreams. "Players only love you when they're playing"...what a great lyric.

Fleetwood Mac – You Make Loving Fun. The guitar riff is so tasty.

Fleetwood Mac – The Chain. So heavy with the weight of inevitability.

http://www.districtmtv.co.uk/article...tainer=newsHub
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://isawbobdylaninaspeedo.wordpre.../stevie-nicks/

Quote:
While on tour with Dire Straits, hanging out in the hotel bar, after a show, Stevie was there. It was like seeing Santa or your teacher at the grocery store. I froze. I could hear her raspy voice but couldn’t turn around. She was hanging out with Steven Van Zandt. Steven and Stevie. I didn’t really care about him…(til I watched Sopranos twenty three years later.) He and my boyfriend were trying to get into an argument and get in a fight. His hat was pissing off my boyfriend. It was exciting and I was 19 years old. I didn’t know anything except I was in a room with Stevie Nicks.

I was heart broken, she was very drunk and out if it and obnoxious and loud and messy.

My boyfriend introduced us and I was instantly 7 years old. ’Hi.’ Meek.

She didn’t even look at me. She was all sloppy and falling over in her seat and it was awful. I wanted to cry. ”No Stevie!!!!’

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
Old 03-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"The first concert I ever saw was Stevie Nicks on April 20, 1986, in Lexington, Ky. I sold my bike to go, and it changed my life." - Craig Houston, singer-songwriter.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by britt0308 View Post
Not sure if this has been discussed..Dave Stewart in possible collaboration/talks with Grace Potter. I'm a HUGE fan, and he has really been talking up Grace with posts to her performances and tweeting her, asking if they could talk.

A fan responded if he was attempting a Grace/Stevie collaboration..I couldn't find the convo on twitter but he said something along the lines of 'possibly' 'who knows' or 'we'll see'

That would be epic. Grace herself is somewhat of a Stevie fashionista/performer. She has done GDW with Warren Haynes & Gov't Mule and bears a slight Rumours era resemblance. Check out her pipes and VERY Stevie Rumours tour GDW/Rhiannon howls at the end of the Stone's Gimme Shelter Live:

http://www.relix.com/blogs/picks-and...-warren-haynes
This would be great- I have been a fan of Grace Potter for about a year now, and saw her live once, but I am a fan of her older stuff and I can't stand Dan Auerbach's production/influences on the latest album (The Lion, The Beast, The Beat). I feel like Dave could really help Grace and the Nocturnals get back to their roots and revisit their originality without being forced to delve into the mainstream, as Grace has said she was scared of when she was working with Auerbach.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Life Stories, Jan Uebelherr for the Journal Sentinel

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/201640171.html

Obituary writer Jan Uebelherr reflects on those who've left us and the nature of human endings.

Today I wrote about Joey Kruzel, a woodshop teacher in MPS for 31 years. At home, he made just about every stick of furniture in the house.

He was a creative soul who loved music, too. He loved Fleetwood Mac, and "Gypsy" was his favorite song. He loved Stevie Nicks' voice.

"He'd also seen Fleetwood Mac in concert, and the first time he played the song for me, I remember him twirling around the living room with his arms spread, trying to show me how her white dress had fluttered every where," said his daughter, Megan Harney.

"Several weeks before he died, he told us he wanted the song played at his funeral. So we will," she said.

"The day before he died, he'd stopped responding to me and my mom, but I played "Gypsy" for him. He got a big smile on his face, his head went from side to side, and he tapped his fingers.

"That is my last meaningful memory of my dad, so whenever I hear that song...I will see his expression in my mind."

Here it is, and here he is, on a recent trip to California. Rest in peace, Joey Kruzel.

Last edited by michelej1; 04-06-2013 at 03:55 PM..
Old 04-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

michelej1, That is so sweet . FM music has affected so many people deeply, just shows their music touches people's souls and is timeless.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess a contestant on The Voice performed "Dreams." I never would have known, but this internet headline caught my eye.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/voice-recap...014224827.html
Old 04-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Various writers compared Ke$sha's look to Stevie, click to see the photo]

Celebuzz, April 14, 2013
http://www.celebuzz.com/2013-04-14/m...-a-keha-again/

Sometimes when you're working and can't really focus because you're doing 50 different things at once, it takes a truly shocking occurrence to snap you back into a numbed reality.

Enter Ke$ha.

The 26-year-old showed up to the MTV Movie Awards on Sunday looking like a whole lot of things. Basically, she looked like a cross between Chloe Sevigny's misguided cousin, Stevie Nicks and someone who couldn't figure out whether to go to Coachella or the Marilyn Manson concert this weekend.

Or just Ke$ha, I guess.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just got this sent to me from a friend, had never seen it before. Sorry if it's been posted before but it was totally entertaining to me, and more than a little disturbing. I remember the news stories on it but this is the actual restraining order papers. Apparently Stevie can cure homosexuality and this dude wants to kidnap her and "make babies" with her. Oh lord.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From NBC Sports. Craig Calcaterra is answering questions in his column. He's getting reader questions based on silly comments he himself made. I think this guy is just a jerk and it's not funny as a "joke"]
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...l-answer-them/

May 2, 2013, 1:32 PM EDT

Q: Did Stevie nicks die?

Q: And what’s with the Stevie Nicks nonsense?

Last year there was a headline about “The Cocaine Queen” dying. My kneejerk joke on Twitter was “RIP Stevie Nicks.” Which I thought was kinda clever in an “I’m old and I remember the 70s” kind of way. Apparently there are a lot of young women — painfully young — who are a bit more into Stevie Nicks than anyone should be into another person, and none of them have a sense of humor. A few thought I was breaking news and when they figured it out, these would-be witchy women decided that I was the worst person in the world. Please don’t tell any of them about my cat. I may get death threats.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks Voice Changes: Can a Perforated Septum Affect Your Voice?
Stevie Nicks has come back onto the stage in a big way. The current Fleetwood Mac tour has shed the spotlight on her once again, and among other topics, she is opening up about her struggles with drug addiction. Among the most prominent tales in Nicks’s lore is that of the hole in her septum. She has openly discussed that it is large and that it affects her eyes and her sinuses. But she has also mentioned it impacts her singing voice.

Interesting article written by a doctor (in otolaryngology and laryngology), rest of article here: http://www.ohniww.org/perforated-septum-affect-voice/

Old 05-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from Montgomery News
http://www.montgomerynews.com/articl...1732080450.txt

Rock art show features Beatles, the Boss & more
MGK Classic Rock Art Show

Published: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 By David Kleinman Correspondent

Rock art is in a genre all its own.

The Classic Rock Art Show is an event that's the first of its kind, featuring the world's largest collection of paintings, drawings and photographs created by and depicting some of the most celebrated names in classic rock. For two weeks at the Neshaminy Mall, these pieces will be on display and available for purchase.

The concept for the Rock Art Show began in the early ’90s, the creation of WMGK radio promoter Scott Segelbaum's design while he was working out in Los Angeles. Segalbaum reflected on the smash success the opening night of the show had.

"People came out of the woodwork. Elton John came to our opening night, Stevie Nicks, Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys. They all started contributing artwork to this charity event that we did."
Old 05-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Saw this on Tumblr and wasn't sure if it'd been posted here yet. Little interview w/ Stevie from May's issue of O Magazine.

I can’t live without…
my 14-year-old Chinese crested-Yorkie, Sulamith. She travels with me almost everywhere, and she’s even got mini Stevie Nicks flaming capes, black chiffon dresses, and white jackets that my wardrobe mistress made for her.

My ideal Saturday night is…
curling up on my pink couch in my Santa Monica condo to watch a Law & Order marathon. It can be any of the iterations: Criminal Intent, SVU…whichever one is on makes me think I could be a detective.

My backup career would be…
running a hotel. I enjoy taking care of people and making them feel comfortable. When my friends come to visit, I want them to walk into their room and know that the cashmere blanket or perfect pillow was picked specifically for them by me. I could totally open a hotel and spend my days putting beauty and care into each room.

The one thing I do every day is…

write in my journal. Someday, when I’m no longer here, I want my nieces and goddaughters to sit on the floor with 30 leather-bound books and read about my life—not from the Internet, or a biography, but from me.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We'll try this again! I saw this at work today. Do you think she knows?

Just a dream, just a dream.