Old 02-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

saw this today:

Old 02-26-2014, 04:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

^^^ Aww Stevie looks so sweet
Old 02-28-2014, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default All I ever wanted was something more(what I hear)

I also hear her say I am week and masturbate
Old 02-28-2014, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

I also hear her say I am week and masturbate
I heard it too! Glad I'm not the only one! She mentioned a certain male part too...
Also "I sh** and barf."
"I have no lovers"
"All my semen"

I'll never listen to this song the same way again.....

Last edited by singertobe; 02-28-2014 at 06:09 PM..
Old 03-05-2014, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[A tribute band thinks Stevie might make a guest appearance on March 10. I doubt it]

Salford Online, 3-4-2014 by Tony Flynn

http://www.salfordonline.com/enterta...woood_mac.html

Last month we held a competition to give away a free pair of tickets to see the critically-acclaimed tribute act Rumours of Fleetwood Mac who will be performing to Salford's Lowry Theatre on Monday 10 March.

We asked you the simple question

Which BBC sports series uses the Fleetwood Mac song, 'The Chain', as its theme tune?

The answer was of course:

Formula 1 Grand Prix programmes.

Once again we were literallly snowed under with entries, sadly there can only be one winner and the first name out of our fabled lucky hat was, Sean Kilgarriff from Irlam.

"This is amazing! I am so pleased that I have won this competition, said Sean.

"I bought the album when it came out in 1977 and still have it complete with its original inserts.

"I have heard a rumour that Stevie Nicks herself will be making a guest appearance, so I am going to find my clothes from 19777 and see if I can still fit in them.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp
Has anyone heard of a new Stevie Nicks "Lifetime Special" ???
It was reported by the LA Times back in early 1996, that Stevie was working on a Lifetime special and a boxed-set retrospective. Nothing came from the first half of that info, but of course we eventually got 'Enchanted' in 1998.

Oddly, the photo that Daniel DiCriscio posted looks to be from that era (1996). Which makes me wonder if his tweet is in regards to the photo itself, or if he's referring to something that's happening currently. Does Lifetime even do these kinds of "specials" anymore?
Old 03-05-2014, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's something screwy with this thread.

You're probably right that he is referring to working with Stevie in the past. I guess it will be interesting to see his answer to questions springing from the post.

Michele
Old 03-05-2014, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[A tribute band thinks Stevie might make a guest appearance on March 10. I doubt it]

Salford Online, 3-4-2014 by Tony Flynn

http://www.salfordonline.com/enterta...woood_mac.html

Last month we held a competition to give away a free pair of tickets to see the critically-acclaimed tribute act Rumours of Fleetwood Mac who will be performing to Salford's Lowry Theatre on Monday 10 March.

We asked you the simple question

Which BBC sports series uses the Fleetwood Mac song, 'The Chain', as its theme tune?

The answer was of course:

Formula 1 Grand Prix programmes.

Once again we were literallly snowed under with entries, sadly there can only be one winner and the first name out of our fabled lucky hat was, Sean Kilgarriff from Irlam.

"This is amazing! I am so pleased that I have won this competition, said Sean.

"I bought the album when it came out in 1977 and still have it complete with its original inserts.

"I have heard a rumour that Stevie Nicks herself will be making a guest appearance, so I am going to find my clothes from 19777 and see if I can still fit in them.
This has nothing to do with Michelle's post but is anyone having trouble with the "Nicks-McNuggets" thread???
All the others are working fine but this one...It won't show past 966 and the whole bottom area for posting is missing so I had to hijack this post in order to find out what is going on...
Old 03-06-2014, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

BlueDenimLamp -- I'm wondering if there's something wrong with one of the tags in your post from 2:22pm yesterday afternoon. Perhaps the embed tag for the YouTube video isn't closed?

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 03-06-2014 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: Spelling error made in haste! :o
Old 03-06-2014, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
This has nothing to do with Michelle's post but is anyone having trouble with the "Nicks-McNuggets" thread???
All the others are working fine but this one...It won't show past 966 and the whole bottom area for posting is missing so I had to hijack this post in order to find out what is going on...
Yes, that happened to us too. I'm not sure what occurred, but the software kind of went wacky due to the embedding code for some reason. It hasn't had that reaction to either twitter or youtube embeds before.

Michele
Old 03-07-2014, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pop music fans know Katy Perry can sing. But did you know she can write? Perry has co-written many of her own songs including “California Gurls” and “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F).” She’s also written for Kelly Clarkson, co-authoring Clarkson’s 2009 song “I Do Not Hook Up.” In fact, many famous faces have written pop songs for other acts. Bruno Mars is one of the composers of Cee Lo Green’s feisty “Forget You.” The Whitney Houston hit “I Will Always Love You” was written and originally recorded by Dolly Parton. David Letterman’s sidekick Paul Shaffer co-wrote the Weather Girls’ disco classic “It’s Raining Men.” And Prince penned the 1980s song “Manic Monday” by the Bangles under the pseudonym “Christopher.” But that’s not Prince’s only surprising credit. Stevie Nicks based her 1983 smash “Stand Back” on the melody of his “Little Red Corvette” – so much so that he receives royalties and even played the trademark synthesizer parts – uncredited, of course. Other songs, though, are written by people who remain behind the scenes. Diane Warren has written a string of hits over the last 25 years, including “How Do I Live” by LeAnn Rimes, and “Un-Break My Heart” by Toni Braxton. She’s won a Grammy, a Golden Glob,e and received multiple Oscar nominations for her work. Back in the 1960s, the songwriting team of Lamont Dozier and brothers Brian and Eddie Holland wrote many iconic Motown songs, including The Supremes’ “Stop in the Name of Love” and Marvin Gaye’s “Can I Get a Witness.” And a then-unknown Carole King was part of the Brill Building stable of writers, who were behind dozens of radio favorites like the Shirelles’ “Will You Love Me Tomorrow?”. More recently, Katy Perry’s hits "California Gurls" and "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)" each had several co-writers, including Perry’s friend Bonnie McKee. Because even someone as multi-talented as Katy Perry is allowed to get some help.

https://news.yahoo.com/video/whoknew...060000588.html
Old 03-09-2014, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Thirty Years Ago today Stevie was voted the favorite female vocalist on Rolling Stone's list]

30 Years Ago in Rolling Stone: Rise of the Police, End of the Clash Rolling Stone Saturday 8th March, 2014 R.E.M. the best new artist; the readers opted for Big Country. Also doing very well were the Police (readers' band of the year; critics' single of the year), David Bowie and Stevie Nicks (the readers' favorite male and female vocalists) and, especially, Michael Jackson, whom both the readers and the critics chose as artist of the year. - See more at:

http://www.bignewsnetwork.com/index.....ujJOjvu2.dpuf

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...clash-20140308
Old 03-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Absolute Radio has a profile on Stevie as one of the artists on their playlist and they are streaming an interview she did before her performance at Hard Rock Calling

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/artists/Stevie-Nicks/
Old 03-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
30 Years Ago in Rolling Stone: Rise of the Police, End of the Clash Rolling Stone Saturday 8th March, 2014 R.E.M. the best new artist; the readers opted for Big Country. Also doing very well were the Police (readers' band of the year; critics' single of the year), David Bowie and Stevie Nicks (the readers' favorite male and female vocalists) and, especially, Michael Jackson, whom both the readers and the critics chose as artist of the year. - See more at:
That's great... Stevie played right before Bowie who closed the US Festival in 1983...I wonder if that helped with readers too. I know both were having strong solo careers at that time too.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds like Stevie "The master of sequencing" may be working her magic on Vanessa's new record...I would guess that Stevie is "her friend (the mistress of song order)"