Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Review of Fat Goth record, 100%. I should find the lyrics for that SN song]

http://www.theskinny.co.uk/music/rec..._percent_suave

Album review by Chris McCall. Published 29 April 2014

Fat Goth don't have immediate crossover appeal; their music is too heavy and takes too many sharp changes in direction that can leave the casual listener struggling to keep up. Then there's the song titles, such as Caligynephobia (a fear of beautiful women, in case you were wondering) or The Stevie Nicks Method. But that's not stopped them being endorsed by celebrity chefs and playing unlikely Christmas gigs in Glasgow's George Square.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[interesting way to describe a drink]

http://www.racingandsports.com.au/in...Survival_Guide

Mint juleps are the official drink of the Kentucky Derby and there is a good reason why they aren't consumed at any other event. The history of mint juleps stems from a recipe which was originally concocted as a dare and stuck.

It's a strong drink that tastes the way you might imagine kissing a halitosis-conscious Stevie Nicks would be like. Occasionally you'll see someone attempt to elevate their standing by drinking out of a chalice.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 05-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Stevie named #71 as singer with greatest vocal range]

Anti Music, May 27, 2014

http://www.antimusic.com/news/14/May...al_Range.shtml

On Wednesday Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose Has World's Greatest Vocal Range was a top story. Here is the recap: A new study finds that Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose has the greatest vocal range among a host of popular singers including acclaimed pop stars Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera and Beyonce.
On the other end of the spectrum, some of today's most popular pop and country stars landed at the bottom of the vocal range chart, including Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift among the bottom five with Luke Bryan coming in dead last.

Concert Hotels published the results of the study in an interactive chart labeled "The Vocal Ranges of The World's Greatest Singers" with Rose capturing the top spot followed by Carey at no. 2 and Prince at no. 3.

The study measured the highest and lowest notes that the singers achieved in the recording studio and the interactive chart shows the songs where they hit specific notes. Axl Rose came out with the highest range, covering over five octaves. The highest was on the track "Ain't It Fun" from 'The Spaghetti Incident" and the lowest was on "There Was A Time" from 'Chinese Democracy'.

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler came in 4th place, followed by James Brown, Marvin Gaye, Christina Aguilera, David Bowie, Paul McCartney, Radiohead's Thom Yorke and late Queen frontman Freddie Mercury.

Most of today's biggest pop stars didn't come close to the top of the chart with Beyonce coming in at No. 22, Miley Cyrus at no. 31, Justin Timberlake at no. 32, Rihanna at no. 43, Lady Gaga at no. 48, Lana Del Rey at no. 49, Lorde at no. 52, Bruno Mars at no. 56, Katy Perry at no. 68, Justin Bieber at no. 73, Taylor Swift at no. 76 and Luke Bryan concluding the list at no. 77.

Among rock singers Elvis was no. 12, John Lennon landed at no. 13, The Who's Roger Daltrey came in at no. 17, Bruce Springsteen was no. 19, Bono was no. 21, Jim Morrison was no. 23, Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant was no. 24, Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger was no. 25, Bob Dylan was no. 33, Nirvana's Kurt Cobain was no. 34, Bad Company's Paul Rodgers was no. 35, Lou Reed was no. 40, John Fogerty was no. 55, Chuck Berry was no. 64, Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks was no. 71 followed by Jerry Lee Lewis at no. 72.

[here's the chart: http://www.concerthotels.com/worlds-...t-vocal-ranges ]
Old 05-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While it may be a good cause I don't think Stevie's the one "copying & pasting" links from FB..."Camp Stevie" should be tweeting about her new album or the fall FM tour...
Old 05-31-2014, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

From a Q&A on AdamMaleBlog.com, with indie country duo My Gay Banjo....

Q: Who is in heavy rotation on your iPod?

MGB: Many bands that we’ve played with on past tours or hope to! Bell’s Roar, Peghouse, Hurray for the Riff Raff, Valerie June, Mirah, Marques Toliver, Hot Tears, Lovers…but also we are big Stevie Nicks fans and love some Dolly Parton.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:04 AM
Senior Ledgie

Stevie duets take #2 and #3 in Rolling Stone's Readers' Poll: The 10 Greatest Duets of All Time.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pi...-time-20140604
Old 06-05-2014, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Stevie named #71 as singer with greatest vocal range]

Anti Music, May 27, 2014

http://www.antimusic.com/news/14/May...al_Range.shtml

On Wednesday Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose Has World's Greatest Vocal Range was a top story. Here is the recap: A new study finds that Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose has the greatest vocal range among a host of popular singers including acclaimed pop stars Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera and Beyonce.
On the other end of the spectrum, some of today's most popular pop and country stars landed at the bottom of the vocal range chart, including Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift among the bottom five with Luke Bryan coming in dead last.

Concert Hotels published the results of the study in an interactive chart labeled "The Vocal Ranges of The World's Greatest Singers" with Rose capturing the top spot followed by Carey at no. 2 and Prince at no. 3.

The study measured the highest and lowest notes that the singers achieved in the recording studio and the interactive chart shows the songs where they hit specific notes. Axl Rose came out with the highest range, covering over five octaves. The highest was on the track "Ain't It Fun" from 'The Spaghetti Incident" and the lowest was on "There Was A Time" from 'Chinese Democracy'.

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler came in 4th place, followed by James Brown, Marvin Gaye, Christina Aguilera, David Bowie, Paul McCartney, Radiohead's Thom Yorke and late Queen frontman Freddie Mercury.

Most of today's biggest pop stars didn't come close to the top of the chart with Beyonce coming in at No. 22, Miley Cyrus at no. 31, Justin Timberlake at no. 32, Rihanna at no. 43, Lady Gaga at no. 48, Lana Del Rey at no. 49, Lorde at no. 52, Bruno Mars at no. 56, Katy Perry at no. 68, Justin Bieber at no. 73, Taylor Swift at no. 76 and Luke Bryan concluding the list at no. 77.

Among rock singers Elvis was no. 12, John Lennon landed at no. 13, The Who's Roger Daltrey came in at no. 17, Bruce Springsteen was no. 19, Bono was no. 21, Jim Morrison was no. 23, Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant was no. 24, Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger was no. 25, Bob Dylan was no. 33, Nirvana's Kurt Cobain was no. 34, Bad Company's Paul Rodgers was no. 35, Lou Reed was no. 40, John Fogerty was no. 55, Chuck Berry was no. 64, Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks was no. 71 followed by Jerry Lee Lewis at no. 72.

[here's the chart: http://www.concerthotels.com/worlds-...t-vocal-ranges ]

I would be curious to know what Lindsey's range is? I know his voice is a bit higher, but he still has a great voice.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Stevie did an acapella rendition (and no mic stand!!!) of Landslide at Molly Fishkin's (daughter of Paul) wedding today. You can hear a little of her singing at the links below.

http://instagram.com/p/o_RCt3L193/
http://instagram.com/p/o_ScHeRJVE/

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 06-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Stevie did an acapella rendition (and no mic stand!!!) of Landslide at Molly Fishkin's (daughter of Paul) wedding today.

http://instagram.com/p/o_ScHeRJVE/
Awesome!!! How can I get a copy of this?
Old 06-22-2014, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From an blurb about Jolene Anderson in the Daily Telegraph Australia]
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...-1226962278495

June 22, 2014

“I met Stevie Nicks when I was over in America and she was like ‘I just love Australians they just know how to live life. It’s not about making oodles of money. It’s about making money and then going and experiencing life.’ And I thought, ‘wow, you’re Stevie Nicks’.”

Asked how she came to meet the Fleetwood Mac legend, she said coyly: “She came to my house. I’ll leave it at that, but she’s very lovely.”
Old 06-29-2014, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From a New Zealand Herald blog compiling a list of great American albums]

By Paula Yeoman, June 29, 2014

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/...ectid=11284175

Fleetwood Mac posed the same problem. It's impossible to choose. One could also argue it's a British band, but for me it has always been about Stevie Nicks: American music royalty. I'm going with Tusk, as it's one of Fleetwood Mac's biggest and boldest works. It also has some of my most loved Nicks tunes, Sara and Storms. You should know, however, this could all change by next week.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

just beautiful

Old 06-29-2014, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
just beautiful

Diid I miss something? What is this from?
Thanks, Ricoh
p.s. What a great bed, huh?
Old 07-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

From Vulture.com:

Dave Holmes Revisits Stevie Nicks's ‘Stand Back,’ 'She Works Hard for the Money,' and Other 1983 Jams
By Dave Holmes

9. “Stand Back,” Stevie Nicks
Kids, this will be impossible for you to believe, but I swear it’s true: Nobody involved with this video was any less than 100 percent sincere about it. If someone were to try something like this now, it would be delivered with a wink, as if to say: “If you like this, then we are serious. If not, well then we’re all in on the joke together.” I miss the sincerity, personally. What I am saying is: Keep your hands off this video, Iggy Azalea. (No shade. No, no, no shade.)