User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2019, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
You know she's going to want to tour Buckingham Nicks. They always said they wanted to go out the same way they went in. That's just my guess, though.
I highly doubt that will ever happen. The bloom is off the rose...it was before she got him fired, and it sure as hell is now.

They should have toured BN in 1998 after Chris left. The momentum was there, it was the 25th anniversary of its release...they were huge with The Dance...it was the perfect time.

Forget it now, she'd probably want to call it Nicks with Buckingham.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post

That's hilarious.
Old 02-02-2024, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Now? Try 28 years ago: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twiste...m)#Soundtracks
Old 02-03-2024, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL, a five year old zombie thread!

That said, Buckingham Nicks wasn’t a legal entity in 1996. “Twisted” was a Stevie Nicks song that Lindsey produced and sang on.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-03-2024, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

That said, Buckingham Nicks wasn’t a legal entity in 1996. “Twisted” was a Stevie Nicks song that Lindsey produced and sang on.
And it is on the actual cd as Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. He’s not a featured guest.

The story from a recent Stevie biography is that Stevie personally wanted Lindsey to produce and perform this song with her for the soundtrack: A. To build the bridge back between them and B. Because the song is about their relationship
Old 02-03-2024, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
The story from a recent Stevie biography is that Stevie personally wanted Lindsey to produce and perform this song with her for the soundtrack: A. To build the bridge back between them and B. Because the song is about their relationship
I ran across the thread searching for my post of Stevie's two quotes: one (from 2018) saying no member has the right to hold up the others when the others had planned and were eager to tour; the other (from 2012) saying she had put her foot down and insisted the others wait an extra year even though they had planned and were eager to tour: https://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showt...ly#post1253644

Anyway, I've long wondered in what order the following occured:

–this Stevie/Lindsey collaboration floated
–this Stevie/Lindsey collaboration agreed to
–reunion of Rumours lineup floated
–reunion of Runours lineup agreed to

Also wondered whether this collaboration was a trial run to see whether Stevie and Lindsey could tolerate working together again before making the larger commitment of reuniting in FM (and if so whether Lindsey wanted the trial run, Stevie wanted the trial run, or they both did).

Last edited by cbBen; 02-03-2024 at 04:34 PM..
Old 02-03-2024, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
And it is on the actual cd as Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham. He’s not a featured guest.

So, it’s a Stevie Nicks song that Lindsey produced and sang on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I ran across the thread searching for my post of Stevie's two quotes: one (from 2018) saying no member has the right to hold up the others when the others had planned and were eager to tour; the other (from 2012) saying she had put her foot down and insisted the others wait an extra year even though they had planned and were eager to tour: https://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showt...ly#post1253644

Anyway, I've long wondered in what order the following occured:

–this Stevie/Lindsey collaboration floated
–this Stevie/Lindsey collaboration agreed to
–reunion of Rumours lineup floated
–reunion of Runours lineup agreed to

Also wondered whether this collaboration was a trial run to see whether Stevie and Lindsey could tolerate working together again before they committed to reuniting together in FM (and is so whether Lindsey wanted the trial run, Stevie wanted the trial run, or they both did).
TL : DR, kind of.

Also, Mick was on drums.

WBR was pushing for a Fleetwood Mac (Rumours) reunion. Between the inauguration, the successful reunions of The Eagles and Page/Plant, the commercial flops of OOTC and SA, and the turmoil within the new lineup of Fleetwood Mac that was only an opening/oldies act, the only way any label was going to monetize any of them was going to be a Rumours reunion.

Lindsey had submitted a solo album in 1995 that he’d recorded in Hawaii with his 1993 solo band, co-produced by Richard Dashut. However, the label rejected the album and stuck in-house producer Rob Cavallo on him. Rob then brought in Mick Fleetwood.

By that point, the label was too invested in “Time” not to release it, but it wasn’t going to be promoted, and that lineup was officially disbanded at the end of January, 1996, less than four months after “Time” was release.

So, with Lindsey and Mick working together, I have no doubt that the label started pushing the others even harder, and I think this was sort of a trial run, followed by the McVies being brought into Lindsey’s “solo” album (which I suspect was recorded with the others to give it flexibility as to how it could be released).

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 02-03-2024 at 09:21 PM..
Old 02-03-2024, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, it’s a Stevie Nicks song that Lindsey produced and sang on.
You have a lot of hate in you. I was agreeing with you that it wasn't like Stevie shafted Lindsey by not giving him credit. It was listed as a duet. I guess it's the same as Leather and Lace though I can't recall how that's listed on the BD tracklist. Stop being angry and looking to attack and hurt.
Old 02-21-2024, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
By that point, the label was too invested in “Time” not to release it, but it wasn’t going to be promoted, and that lineup was officially disbanded at the end of January, 1996, less than four months after “Time” was release.
Luckily, before that happened, I had the chance to see them at Konocti Spa & Resort (I never saw the spa and I overlooked the resort), where I had chicken, rice pilaf, several cups of coffee, and a fortune cookie or something or other. Before I had downed my last cup of coffee, Fleetwood Mac — or a bunch of guys claiming to be Fleetwood Mac — took the stage and started playing “The Chain.” A couple of people in the small audience were overheard as saying, “Hey, I know this song!” The memories are rich and deep for me. May they abide.

moviekinks.blogspot.com