The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Assuming this is using the old master vinyl molds that would make the original issues still more desirable from an audiophile standpoint. But if they used the original master and cut a new master mold then there should be no reason that this one would sound any different really. I own a couple clear picture disc Erythmics records and both have a bit of surface noise that is a bit distracting for being vinyl. Almost like a tape hiss. I think it is the picture later under the clear vinyls that causes it. If this is JUST vinyl though and no picture I think it should sound fine.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread just shows that she has lost a lot of her TRUE fan base. Sad really...
Old 04-26-2015, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
This thread just shows that she has lost a lot of her TRUE fan base. Sad really...
What defines a true fan according to you?
Old 04-26-2015, 11:19 AM
Registered

Quote:
because were not suckered into buying something we already have several of Greatest hits , time space , enchanted , sound stage and crystal visions
Old 04-26-2015, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jondalar, I was hoping your first post about "cheating Stevie out of money" was you just being sarcastic and funny...but now I realize you were serious.

Listen...I need MY money more than STEVIE needs my money. I would like a roof over my head and food in my belly so that I can live long enough to ENJOY and CONTINUE being a fan.

I could go on and on about what it means to be a TRUE fan of any musician, but I feel my words would be wasted on you.

No disrespect meant. We can just agree to disagree.
Old 04-26-2015, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm fairly certain they're just trolling.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Jondalar, I was hoping your first post about "cheating Stevie out of money" was you just being sarcastic and funny...but now I realize you were serious.

Listen...I need MY money more than STEVIE needs my money. I would like a roof over my head and food in my belly so that I can live long enough to ENJOY and CONTINUE being a fan.

I could go on and on about what it means to be a TRUE fan of any musician, but I feel my words would be wasted on you.

No disrespect meant. We can just agree to disagree.
Your words wouldn't be wasted on me but the days of her devout fans who would buy anything is gone. She just completed two of the best solo albums of her career and it seems like her fans are wary of her. She needs true fans more than ever.... Not going to get that from what's left of her fandom 😞
Old 04-26-2015, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Your words wouldn't be wasted on me but the days of her devout fans who would buy anything is gone. She just completed two of the best solo albums of her career and it seems like her fans are wary of her. She needs true fans more than ever.... Not going to get that from what's left of her fandom 😞
There are still plenty of devoted fans around; you can't go just by the Ledge. No artist of Stevie's age has the same legions of fans they once did, and Stevie is doing better than her contemporaries.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I completely respect your opinion, but I must respectfully disagree. I view myself as a very devout fan. I was fortunate enough to see FM perform four times this tour - - but refused to spend some of the exorbitant amounts for the best seats. Many very devout fans would have loved to see them, but were unable to do so due to ticket prices or any number of other reasons. Being a devout or "true" fan has nothing to do, in my opinion, with the amount of dollars one spends on purchasing an artist's wares. I want Stevie (and all artists I admire) to succeed professionally and financially. And thankfully, Stevie remains one of the true handful of performing artists who can actually sing for a living, and make an incredibly large amount of money doing so. I will continue to support her, purchase her albums, and see her perform, but I will not pay an extra $60 for a vinyl bag and litho that I won't use. Nor will I empty my checking account just to fill her coffers. That said, I am VERY excited to have pre-ordered the clear vinyl reissue for $23, which is both a reasonable price, and a purchase I'm very excited about.

And regardless, I continue to be grateful for this forum, where I can connect with so many amazing, devoted fans who love Stevie's work.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
I completely respect your opinion, but I must respectfully disagree. I view myself as a very devout fan. I was fortunate enough to see FM perform four times this tour - - but refused to spend some of the exorbitant amounts for the best seats. Many very devout fans would have loved to see them, but were unable to do so due to ticket prices or any number of other reasons. Being a devout or "true" fan has nothing to do, in my opinion, with the amount of dollars one spends on purchasing an artist's wares. I want Stevie (and all artists I admire) to succeed professionally and financially. And thankfully, Stevie remains one of the true handful of performing artists who can actually sing for a living, and make an incredibly large amount of money doing so. I will continue to support her, purchase her albums, and see her perform, but I will not pay an extra $60 for a vinyl bag and litho that I won't use. Nor will I empty my checking account just to fill her coffers. That said, I am VERY excited to have pre-ordered the clear vinyl reissue for $23, which is both a reasonable price, and a purchase I'm very excited about.

And regardless, I continue to be grateful for this forum, where I can connect with so many amazing, devoted fans who love Stevie's work.
well said.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post

This is a great response that I feel captures my own view and experience as well. I just bought the clear vinyl without the extras and have been to multiple FM shows on the last two tours.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think you're confusing her FANDOM with the LEDGE
they are NOT the same thing.
Old 04-27-2015, 07:53 AM
Registered

i guess i don't have a hole in my life that can only be filled by crappy stevie nicks products .
Old 04-27-2015, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, I had no idea the original CV vinyl was so rare. I still have my copy from when it was first released - opened, but unplayed. Definitely one to hang onto. The artwork looks amazing on it too.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also available on Amazon for pre order. Prime members can save a few bucks on the shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Vision...ns+clear+vinyl