User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2016, 06:20 PM
Registered

Default Stevie . Tango in the night box. Final Mac tour

And recording new record

Maybe when Fleetwood Mac does our last tour, maybe if I have anything to say about it, we’ll definitely go through the catalog and do a very different set. People have heard the set we’ve had to do all these years. Now they deserve to hear all the great stuff through all of these records,” she said. “I will put my foot down. I’m not going back on the road to do the same things we did on those 220 shows.”

The September release of Fleetwood Mac’s 1982 album, “Mirage,” as an expanded boxed set and the “Bella Donna” and “Wild Heart” reissues have put Nicks in a reflective mood. (The group’s 1987 album, “Tango in the Night” is also forthcoming in deluxe fashion.)

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/entertain...#storylink=cpy

http://www.miamiherald.com/entertain...110870002.html

Last edited by olive; 10-27-2016 at 06:26 PM..
Old 10-27-2016, 08:34 PM
Ledgie

And recording a new record? No this reads like she really doesn't want to. And Lindsey is the excuse of course.

Meantime, the other members of Fleetwood Mac have recorded new songs and want to release a studio album, but Nicks is reluctant to participate. Listening to such classic tracks as “Gypsy” from the “Mirage” sessions hasn’t quite convinced her to go back into the studio with the others.

“When you listen to that song you wish Fleetwood Mac could make those kinds of records now, but it’s just not possible,” Nicks said. “It was such a different world then, and everything was done so differently and everyone was more on the same page. As the years went by, not really everybody, but mostly Lindsey and I, just went such different ways. It’s really hard to come back together.”
Old 10-27-2016, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieStarView View Post
And recording a new record? No this reads like she really doesn't want to. And Lindsey is the excuse of course.

Meantime, the other members of Fleetwood Mac have recorded new songs and want to release a studio album, but Nicks is reluctant to participate. Listening to such classic tracks as “Gypsy” from the “Mirage” sessions hasn’t quite convinced her to go back into the studio with the others.

“When you listen to that song you wish Fleetwood Mac could make those kinds of records now, but it’s just not possible,” Nicks said. “It was such a different world then, and everything was done so differently and everyone was more on the same page. As the years went by, not really everybody, but mostly Lindsey and I, just went such different ways. It’s really hard to come back together.”

I had to click the link and read the article for myself because that is one of the clearest statements she's made.....and she just sooooo is not wanting to record. At. All.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can't stand her now. Cause Lindsey is at least willing to try. This witch isn't.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:18 AM
dreamsunwind
This message has been deleted by dreamsunwind.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Can't stand her now. Cause Lindsey is at least willing to try. This witch isn't.
I am also very perturbed by her lack of participation but not sure how calling her a witch is an insult.It is an image she has cultivated for more than 40 years.

Old 10-28-2016, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I'd much rather have an album with one member who really doesn't want to participate phoning it in to appease some cranky fans that four people who are totally committed doing an album that could be 100% amazing.

Ever have to go into work on your day off, when you're salary and you're not making any more money than normal but you've had to give up your weekend to take care of a bunch of bull**** that will just make you miserable? I have. If Stevie doesn't want to make the record let her make the records she wants to make. She's 68 for God's sake. She's earned the right to do things her own way.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default i agree

why not let christine do a solo record ? at a certain age you just have to do what you want to do, and she is doing exactly that! what a gift she has given us this tour! not the same old tired set and she gets that! let her do her own thing, it is her choice!
Old 10-28-2016, 03:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So it looks like she might of finely told them to "Take this job and shove it". Will 'I'm not going to loose any sleep over this.If this is over the BS that happens in the studios and relationships over the years .I cant blame her for throwing the towel in.Who needs to put up with it.I would quit along time ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from article.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its sad to read this but that tells it all with those last words..I dont hate her and call her names over this.Imagine if the internet was alive then those dial up BBS when Lindsey and Christine left FM.There will be alot of pissed off fans online talking about it

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-28-2016, 03:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
So it looks like she might of finely told them to "Take this job and shove it". Will 'I'm not going to loose any sleep over this.If this is over the BS that happens in the studios and relationships over the years .I cant blame her for throwing the towel in.Who needs to put up with it.I would quit along time ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from article.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its sad to read this but that tells it all with those last words..I dont hate her and call her names over this.Imagine if the internet was alive then those dial up BBS when Lindsey and Christine left FM.There will be alot of pissed off fans online talking about it
I feel like Stevie is becoming rejuvenated by this tour. She is getting stuff out of her system. I bet she will want to record soon after it's over. Something is going to happen. She is loving this. She is surrounded by energy.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I feel like Stevie is becoming rejuvenated by this tour. She is getting stuff out of her system. I bet she will want to record soon after it's over. Something is going to happen. She is loving this. She is surrounded by energy.
I agree.

The interview shows how she felt at the time when she was asked.

She is reluctant. She did NOT say "I will never record with them again. Leave me alone."

She is 68 and remembers how it is every time she gets together with Lindsey to record, so it should not be surprising that she is not jumping at the chance.

At the same time she seems to hate inaction so I bet after this tour she will record 24 KG 2 and then record something for the new FM album before the next FM tour launches.

She just does not want to think about it after coming off of two FM tours and then wanting to do her own tour.

Only time will tell.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:00 AM
Registered

i have respect for her

she is willing /wanting to shake up the setlist she understands that you can't recapture Rumours , she has seen songs rejected by them recorded and enjoyed by an audience and knows you can record a Record in weeks and it seems she want us and her / them to have something new not the same formulated over produced music ( but lets face it 95% of their fans will reject change let alone them daring to to new songs in their show ) what ever the out come I am fine new record or not and hopefully now that she has spoken about it ,she will open up more, what they need is new input( producer) to challenge them
Old 10-28-2016, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I agree.

The interview shows how she felt at the time when she was asked.

She is reluctant. She did NOT say "I will never record with them again. Leave me alone."

She is 68 and remembers how it is every time she gets together with Lindsey to record, so it should not be surprising that she is not jumping at the chance.

At the same time she seems to hate inaction so I bet after this tour she will record 24 KG 2 and then record something for the new FM album before the next FM tour launches.

She just does not want to think about it after coming off of two FM tours and then wanting to do her own tour.

Only time will tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
i have respect for her

she is willing /wanting to shake up the setlist she understands that you can't recapture Rumours , she has seen songs rejected by them recorded and enjoyed by an audience and knows you can record a Record in weeks and it seems she want us and her / them to have something new not the same formulated over produced music ( but lets face it 95% of their fans will reject change let alone them daring to to new songs in their show ) what ever the out come I am fine new record or not and hopefully now that she has spoken about it ,she will open up more, what they need is new input( producer) to challenge them
Yes I agree with all of you.Time will tell.Attitudes change .Thats her feeling at the moment of that interview. Some of us will have more grey hair or less hair by the time they will meet but it will be worth the wait .

Old 10-28-2016, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BTW. Welcome to the Ledge newbies .

Old 10-28-2016, 02:25 PM
Ledgie

I am of the opinion that Stevie is non commital because Lindsey hasn't approached her about the album yet. And he hasn't walked on eggshells around her or sweettalked her and made promises the way she wants him to and that's why she hasn't commited.
Stevie can be very cold and vindictive but i believe she also has a very ultrasensitive side as well and wants to be acknowledged by him and not Christine or Mick or John.
Of late he has been very quiet. We are not hearing anything from him about a new cd, just from Christine and Mick. I haven't read anything from John but then John is just John. Ha ha ha.
I believe Stevie is waiting for something that is not going to happen, being Lindsey pandering to her demands and wishes coming out in recording new stuff. It's like two rams butting heads and nothing gets done. And i say this with love because i appreciate the musicianship and legacy of both.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think when our parents die, we start to think more about our own mortality and the things in life we haven't done yet. So I wouldn't be surprised if Stevie had an a-ha moment in the last few years since her mom passed. Not too long after it happened, she was expressing a lot of guilt and regret for not asking her mom about the family stories she only knew. Maybe her attitude change and this wonderfully diverse 24 Karat Gold set list are a part of this transformation.