The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:41 PM

The ither day Elton John was at the Sanremo festival and he did three amazing performances of Your Song, Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word and the new single I enjoyed very much Blue Wonderful, if someone is interested they're here:

Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word:
http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi...7a9170b8f.html

Blue Wonderful:
http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi...49fbad677.html
Old 02-11-2016, 11:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

I admire the way that Elton has rebuilt his life (congratulations to Vivfox too for your milestone) and actually think he's done some of his best work in his career since he got clean and sober.

I love 'The Last Song' by him but it always gets me crying each time I hear it.

His last album has been getting good reviews. It is apparently a bit nostalgic similar in style to his early albums, but with the added maturity and experience he's gained since then.

I know that he's helped a lot of younger artists when they were having difficulties dealing with pressures of fame or addictions. No doubt some of them probably think he's an ole busybody but it doesn't deter him lol. He knows what it's all about because he's been there and lived through it. I like how he keeps it real.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
I admire the way that Elton has rebuilt his life (congratulations to Vivfox too for your milestone)
He thanks you.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:52 PM

Usually I'm not particularly fond of contemporary italian acts, but I found that both Emma Marrone and Marco Mengoni recently gave proof to be rather valiant both in the voice and in the song-writing department. If someone wants to hear something different enjoy:

Old 03-16-2016, 06:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

I'm in Australia with Madonna out here atm. It isn't really as bad the overseas reports seem to be saying. The reviews for her full show have been very good. I don't think she would ever be trashed onstage because it would be too risky with her choreography. But she does seem a bit messy and scrappy which is not like her, because she is usually so fully in control and precise.

She is undoubtedly very fit but it must take so much work for her, and it only gets harder with each decade. I hope that isn't affecting her family relationships.

I'm glad that Stevie and Chris aren't like this. I think Madonna is trying to figure out a new type of show she can perform in her 60s. With smaller venues, less intense choregraphy etc. She might be thinking of a vaudeville/cabaret type of show.

The bottle below was supposedly just filled with water, as was a flask she was also drinking from.

Last edited by Missy; 03-16-2016 at 06:11 AM..
Old 03-24-2016, 12:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

Well, Madonna finished her tour. She was very late at nearly all the concerts in Australia, no matter which night of the week it was. Only had a DJ for supporting act. Apparently the shows themselves were quite good but some parts strange. I don't actually think she was drunk or high because she has to do very complicated dancing routines. But her behavior was disappointing because last year Fleetwood Mac were on time, looked good, performed very well, and they had some lighter moments but it wasn't crazy-over-the-top.

Now I am hearing that AC/DC have a new lead singer - Axl Rose! I was thinking they would retire with Brian Johnson gone. But there are rumors that Brian Johnson could have continued and finished the tour, but he was just dropped.

I'm thinking it's kind of ruthless, with such an old band. But I guess that's showbiz sometimes. I guess most bands have their moments. Quite sure FM did too.

Axl was always quite temperamental and don't know about how he looks or sounds these days. I could hardly believe this was him recently. Ah well.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Now I am hearing that AC/DC have a new lead singer - Axl Rose! I was thinking they would retire with Brian Johnson gone. But there are rumors that Brian Johnson could have continued and finished the tour, but he was just dropped.

I'm thinking it's kind of ruthless, with such an old band. But I guess that's showbiz sometimes. I guess most bands have their moments. Quite sure FM did too.

Axl was always quite temperamental and don't know about how he looks or sounds these days. I could hardly believe this was him recently. Ah well.

If Brian can't continue they should just retire.
Imagine buying FM tickets then months later finding out LB injures his hand and instead of calling off the shows (refund issued) they continue the tour with Sammy Hagar as his replacement.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
If Brian can't continue they should just retire.
Imagine buying FM tickets then months later finding out LB injures his hand and instead of calling off the shows (refund issued) they continue the tour with Sammy Hagar as his replacement.

It would be gutting to have a show without Lindsey. But sh!t, having Sammy Hagar would be pretty cool....IMHO!

BTW Axl sounds absolutely dreadful. He sounds even worse than he looks. He's completely lost it- he even moves around the stage like a genriatric. Such a pale immitation of G'n'R.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

What is it keeps these guys going? Is the vibe of getting up on the stage that addictive or something?

Phew I'm not the only one thinks that about Axl Rose. I love that song but that version just about destroys it for me. It's like the muppets.

Madonna could also probably join the muppets.

This is bad, but just imagine it!

Quote:
mike kettle ‏@mykul70
axl rose new front man for #ACDC ? that wont work. Get #elvis

Last edited by Missy; 03-24-2016 at 02:26 PM..
Old 03-24-2016, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What is it keeps these guys going?
One word...GREED!!! They would rather tarnish their image and possibly anger the fans instead of issuing refunds for the last 10? shows of the tour...
Old 03-24-2016, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
It would be gutting to have a show without Lindsey. But sh!t, having Sammy Hagar would be pretty cool....IMHO!

BTW Axl sounds absolutely dreadful. He sounds even worse than he looks. He's completely lost it- he even moves around the stage like a genriatric. Such a pale immitation of G'n'R.
Not much into Axl but Mick could call back Rick and Billy to fill in for Lindsey.

like when Chris could not play because of her hand .They could have Brett do the keys and Chris can just sing her tunes.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-26-2016, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Next Star Wars Movie to be Filmed Near Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

http://www.wleb21.com/broken-arrow/n...SXs88.facebook

BROKEN ARROW, Oklahoma – Numerous news outlets are reporting that a portion of the next Star Wars movie will be filmed just outside of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. The location in Oklahoma will represent a previously unknown planet in the Star Wars universe.

Writer and director Rian Johnson is said to have personally chosen the location and will need the help of a large number of extras from Broken Arrow and the surrounding area. Reports claim that a big reason in choosing to film in Oklahoma is that the state has recently been providing significant incentives to production companies that choose to film in their state.

No other details have been provided so far except that filming is set to begin sometime next year.

-----------------------------------------------

Should be interesting if it were to happen...Plenty of places to film here in B.A., especially out South towards the Arkansas River area and the area between B.A. and Bixby.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 04-01-2016, 06:05 PM

I saw a little piece of "God's not dead" because of a friend's friend recommendation. Never seen a movie so ugly since "50 shades of brown".
Old 04-25-2016, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I found out earlier today from my sister that I lost a Aunt on my moms side of the family.She was my late moms older sister and she was 87.She was widowed in her late 30's after the loss of my uncle Herbie from cancer and raised 3 wonderful kids "Cousins " without a dad which they are all in their 50's and 60's now.

RIP Aunt Doris.Say hi to the rest of our family in heaven for me.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
http://www.wleb21.com/broken-arrow/n...SXs88.facebook

BROKEN ARROW, Oklahoma – Numerous news outlets are reporting that a portion of the next Star Wars movie will be filmed just outside of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. The location in Oklahoma will represent a previously unknown planet in the Star Wars universe.

Writer and director Rian Johnson is said to have personally chosen the location and will need the help of a large number of extras from Broken Arrow and the surrounding area. Reports claim that a big reason in choosing to film in Oklahoma is that the state has recently been providing significant incentives to production companies that choose to film in their state.

No other details have been provided so far except that filming is set to begin sometime next year.

-----------------------------------------------

Should be interesting if it were to happen...Plenty of places to film here in B.A., especially out South towards the Arkansas River area and the area between B.A. and Bixby.
Wow Thats interesting.Yes .The production costs are more likely cheaper there then Hollywood and NYC.So sign up to be an extra.I would love to do that myself.