The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This sounds great. Wish someone had been sneaky enough to record some videos. Maybe some will surface.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default UK tour response

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
This sounds great. Wish someone had been sneaky enough to record some videos. Maybe some will surface.
yeah, i'm still hoping maybe someone recorded either audio or video...

a follow-up tweet about LB's response to UK tour cancellation question:

@ellellew @riot_ross nice - thanks for sharing! do you remember what he said about cancelled UK tour?

@riot_ross @ellellew No problem!Yes,he said due to one of the member's surgeries and recovery, they were unable to reschedule.They felt really bad.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and how to achieve the perfect “Fleetwood Mac harmony.”
I'd like to know how he answered that one. Obviously, when you get three singers together, they can harmonize. It's no big deal. But I want to hear his words, because I love the way Christine described just singing a song and having Lindsey and Stevie fall in after her. It makes me a little giddy to think about and I want to know what Lindsey would say.

Obviously, Christine was talking about rehearsals for the White album, but even later that little impromptu snatch of Kiss and Run we got was still magical. They just turn it on.

Michele
Old 01-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

all - check comment #3 below this article http://www.nickslive.blogspot.com/20...l#comment-form - it seems that someone recorded the whole hour.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
all - check comment #3 below this article http://www.nickslive.blogspot.com/20...l#comment-form - it seems that someone recorded the whole hour.
Brilliant. Downloading as we speak.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Fantastic!! Thank you SO much elle!

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 01-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh god, I really love Lindsey! I enjoyed listening to that interview and am glad that someone recorded it. Thanks for drawing our attention to where to find it elle.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok now, what was wrong with june again?!?!?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
him holding the notes (in that momentum-killing way of his), I think NGBA must have been worse than ever.
so apparently he's listening to you Michele - NGBA was fast!! and which guitar did he use for both songs?!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'd like to know how he answered that one. Obviously, when you get three singers together, they can harmonize. It's no big deal. But I want to hear his words, because I love the way Christine described just singing a song and having Lindsey and Stevie fall in after her. It makes me a little giddy to think about and I want to know what Lindsey would say.

Obviously, Christine was talking about rehearsals for the White album, but even later that little impromptu snatch of Kiss and Run we got was still magical. They just turn it on.
what did you think about his answer? a bit more prosaic then Christine's - who knew flute and oboe may sound good together?!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
what did you think about his answer? a bit more prosaic then Christine's - who knew flute and oboe may sound good together?!
I liked his breathy imitation of Chris's voice

Question for the guitar players...

At about the 24:50 mark he's asked about the M1, and in his answer he says something about it "not being representative of anything that he might play today, if he plays today", and that all his gear just got back from England. So the guitar he plays during this forum is something he doesn't usually play, is how I understood it...but it's confusing the way he words it, without video of the discussion. So, any idea what guitar he is playing - just from the sound???
Old 01-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I liked his breathy imitation of Chris's voice

Question for the guitar players...

At about the 24:50 mark he's asked about the M1, and in his answer he says something about it "not being representative of anything that he might play today, if he plays today", and that all his gear just got back from England. So the guitar he plays during this forum is something he doesn't usually play, is how I understood it...but it's confusing the way he words it, without video of the discussion. So, any idea what guitar he is playing - just from the sound???
He described it as one of two that he used when he first joined FM, the other being a Telecaster, if anyone knows based on that information. I'm going to throw out a guess - Gibson Les Paul or Fender Stratocaster?

Last edited by CADreaming; 01-18-2012 at 09:58 PM..
Old 01-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
He described it as one of two that he used when he first joined FM, the other being a Telecaster, if anyone knows based on that information. I'm going to throw out a guess - Gibson Les Paul or Fender Stratocaster?
OK, see, that's what I thought too, originally! I was sure it was the Les Paul, but then I listened again and I took what he said differently Maybe I listened too many times I'm going with you, then, that it's the LP. I don't think it sounds like a Strat ( though that's based on pretty much nothing - lol! ).
Old 01-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
OK, see, that's what I thought too, originally! I was sure it was the Les Paul, but then I listened again and I took what he said differently Maybe I listened too many times I'm going with you, then, that it's the LP. I don't think it sounds like a Strat ( though that's based on pretty much nothing - lol! ).
and another tidbit of info - person who asked him about harmonies said she doesn't know guitars well, but it looked like the one on the album cover. can someone figure out from the sound whether it really was that guitar or some other one looking similarly?
Old 01-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
and another tidbit of info - person who asked him about harmonies said she doesn't know guitars well, but it looked like the one on the album cover. can someone figure out from the sound whether it really was that guitar or some other one looking similarly?
That threw me off too, since neither the LP nor the Strat look like the Caruthers on the cover of SWS. So, I decided to dismiss her comment all together, and assume that if it has 6 strings, a neck and a body that it looks the same to her