User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and another tidbit of info - person who asked him about harmonies said she doesn't know guitars well, but it looked like the one on the album cover. can someone figure out from the sound whether it really was that guitar or some other one looking similarly?
Yeah, I'd still like to have a guitar player confirm based on the sound, too.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Yeah, I'd still like to have a guitar player confirm based on the sound, too.
I think it's the Gibson. Maybe he had the others there too? I'm still listening so I don't know if he played an acoustic.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
what did you think about his answer? a bit more prosaic then Christine's - who knew flute and oboe may sound good together?!
Well, I did like his imitation. He's talked about Christine's warm, honey tone contrasted with his and Stevie's nasal voices in the past.

I was surprised to hear him say that being on the road is relatively easy compared to the studio, because I was always under the impression that he thought going on the road for Tango would be even worse than the recording experience was.

I laughed when he said the hardest part of being on the road is the boredom and getting in trouble while trying to become un-bored. That's a good way of putting the adulterous urges.

Michele
Old 01-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, the "Paul Simon was my bitch" line was extremely funny. He's a scamp.

Michele
Old 01-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not to vary off-topic of all this lovely technical stuff you all are talking about, but I finally listened to the whole interview. I rather liked it- outside of the 'explanation' for the tour cancellation of course- and he seemed to be in a good mood.

My favorite line?

"Paul Simon was my bitch."

Well, you know, Paul Simon is only my 2nd favorite songwriter of all time and the fact that he was fanboying LB (and rather hilarious) in that skit is always memorable to me.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 01-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

I laughed when he said the hardest part of being on the road is the boredom and getting in trouble while trying to become un-bored. That's a good way of putting the adulterous urges.

Michele
That was funny.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Not to vary off-topic of all this lovely technical stuff you all are talking about, but I finally listened to the whole interview. I rather liked it- outside of the 'explanation' for the tour cancellation of course- and he seemed to be in a good mood.

My favorite line?

"Paul Simon was my bitch."

Well, you know, Paul Simon is only my 2nd favorite songwriter of all time and the fact that he was fanboying LB (and rather hilarious) in that skit is always memorable to me.
I think this is one of my favorite interviews. He's more off the cuff and even a little spontaneous. I loved it when he played the different examples: rockabilly to folk to blues. That was cool.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I did like his imitation. He's talked about Christine's warm, honey tone contrasted with his and Stevie's nasal voices in the past.
i am not sure what i think about the imitation but i like the explanation that she basically sings from her diaphragm (as one is supposed to) as opposed to a way he and stevie sing. forgot about the part when he called his voice nasal too.

Quote:
I was surprised to hear him say that being on the road is relatively easy compared to the studio, because I was always under the impression that he thought going on the road for Tango would be even worse than the recording experience was.
yeah, b/c he always says road would have been 100 times worse when he talks about why he left before touring Tango. maybe being unbored would have not worked out that well at the time?!

Quote:
i know, very cute.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I think this is one of my favorite interviews. He's more off the cuff and even a little spontaneous. I loved it when he played the different examples: rockabilly to folk to blues. That was cool.
yeah that was great! and i did like both songs with that electric sounding guitar, whatever it was.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, so we finally got him a little more spontaneous and look at what happened...he says what he said about the UK cancel Maybe he really should just stick to rehearsed answers

I liked that part too!

Quote:
I think it's the Gibson. Maybe he had the others there too? I'm still listening so I don't know if he played an acoustic.
I think it was just the one guitar for both songs.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I think that's comparing apples to oranges. Lindsey in 1987 was in a bad bad place mentally, even by 1992 he was passionate about, and enjoying, touring.

Especially with modern technology, and his 4-man band, I would think touring would be much more satisfying than making music, the somewhat precise and almost introverted way LB does.

I really appreciate all the postings and news though, guys elle rocks bigtime lately (and always I guess )
Old 01-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i am not sure what i think about the imitation
Well, I did think about it a bit. I don't know what his intentions were. If he was trying to make her sound like a man he will have burned his bridges with me. But if he was just being breathy, then I like it.

Honestly, I think about running into Lindsey in an elevator and when I do I always say something to him about Christine. In my daydream, I try to tell him it means to me what John and Paul might mean to him and that I wish he'd stop being a jerk. The three people I have fantasy conversations with are Larry David, Ricky Gervais and Lindsey.

Michele
Old 01-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I did think about it a bit. I don't know what his intentions were. If he was trying to make her sound like a man he will have burned his bridges with me. But if he was just being breathy, then I like it.

Honestly, I think about running into Lindsey in an elevator and when I do I always say something to him about Christine. In my daydream, I try to tell him it means to me what John and Paul might mean to him and that I wish he'd stop being a jerk. The three people I have fantasy conversations with are Larry David, Ricky Gervais and Lindsey.

Michele
I think he was being complimentary...trying to sound smooth instead of nasally.

I always think about running into him too, but have never figured out a good place for it to happen!! Now I know An elevator is perfect! THANK YOU, Michelle, for the suggestion!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone posted a Blondie thread a while back.. makes me think of "One Way Or Another". Stalking the man himself
Old 01-18-2012, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, so we finally got him a little more spontaneous and look at what happened...he says what he said about the UK cancel Maybe he really should just stick to rehearsed answers
no no no no no no!! do not even think about it!!

plus, that response may have been rehearsed / preconceived, it just ended up botched anyway. maybe he was actually trying to apologize right then and there. interviewer seemed a bit confused about the question - like it was given to him, and not one of his own. lindsey clarified the question.

Quote:
I think it was just the one guitar for both songs.
yes.