The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:42 AM

RECAP: Seattle, WA – Key Arena

On Sunday, Stevie Nicks performed at Key Arena in Seattle, WA — the 24th show of the 24 Karat Gold Tour. Leg 1 of the tour is winding down with the remaining four shows in the West Coast cities of Sacramento, San Jose, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles.

Stevie delivered yet another strong performance, captivating the Seattle audience with her usual charm and grace. She was especially poignant during “Moonlight (A Vampire’s Dream),” dedicating the song to Prince, with whom she had a special relationship. “I’ve only sang ‘Moonlight’ to Prince one other night,” she said, “because when I do, it takes on a whole other meaning for me.

Gold and Braid

Welcome, Seattle! Well, we’re very, very glad to be here tonight. I have a lot of family here tonight. So hello to all my family that’s here tonight. And um, uh, I wanted to just like take a second to tell you all that this is not the same Stevie Nicks show you have seen for the last, like, 45 years…um…because I just decided this time at the end of the summer when I decided I was gonna come out and maybe promote 24 Karat Gold because I had a window, um, I said I’m not doing the same thing that I always do. I just can’t do it again, so I have to take to that. So I went into what I like to call the dark, gothic trunk of magical mystery things that you’ve heard for a little bit, but you’re not sure, and do some new things that are new-old, old-new. And, uh, it has been so much fun for me, and I tried to put them all together in a way that you would, um, enjoy them, and it’s definitely a journey. So knowing that, let’s go!

Wild Heart/Bella Donna

This is the original Bella Donna cape. It is in perfect shape. There is not even one little snag, it is perfect. And the funny thing is that my mom, who sewed and who made all my clothes in high school, which I didn’t love but I pretended to love them because she made them. She would have said to me if she was standing here right now, ‘That was a very good choice of fabric, Stevie, because that is silk chiffon. And you know what they do with silk chiffon, they make sails for boats out of silk chiffon. So it’s gonna last forever, and so you’re not ever gonna have to replace it.’ And of course, your mother is a saint, right? So I have to thank my mom for saying that and tell you all that I think that if you’re going to invest in your money in this day and age in anything, I think silk chiffon is a good thing.

Starshine

“This was about 1980, maybe, and I lived in Santa Monica and, every once in a while I’d go over to his house and we’d hang out in his studio and write sometimes and just talk, you know, discuss our miserable rock and roll life. And, so I went over one day and I walked up and knocked on the door and I took my, I took my guitar and I had it in a case because I looked so much more serious with a guitar in a case. Of course, I had really long nails so I really couldn’t play, but I looked very serious walking in the door. So I knocked on the door and he says, he goes like ‘Are you moving in?’ And I’m like ‘No, I’m just here for a playdate, and he said, ‘OK’. So we go in, we go downstairs and I have a song and it’s already written and I said, ‘Here’s the words.’ And I give him a piece of paper with the words on it and I said, ‘So what do you think?’ And he says, ‘Well, play it for me.’ So I sat at the piano and played it and he really liked it. And I said, ‘Can we record it?’ And he said, ‘Yes’. And so at that point, all the Heartbreakers were wandering in and, of course, I’m not just loving this because I’m determined I’m gonna get in the Heartbreakers somehow, right? Never gonna happen, but I believe, I believe, I believe! So anyway, the thing is that we recorded the song — it just came out great. We probably played it twice, we got a great track and I did a really a good vocal and we could have put really good backing vocals on it, but I wasn’t doing a record and neither was Tom, so where did it go? In the trunk, in the gothic trunk of mystical, magical…Miss-Peregrine’s-curious-children trunk, and was never heard of again really by me. I mean I know some people heard it, but I really never heard it again. So I dug it up for this because like I thought, well, it’s about time it comes out of that trunk. So anyway, it’s called ‘Starshine’ and we’re gonna do it for you now.

More here: http://stevie-nicks.info/2016/12/rec...-wa-key-arena/
Old 02-19-2017, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One of the most beautiful performances of Moonlight:

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Whoa! That was great. Those were pretty high notes she was singing at the end huh?
Old 02-19-2017, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is that just stevie at the very end? If so... Impressive! The rest of the song is also impressive, but that last high almost howl is REALLY imperessive.

Both moonlight and gold dust woman on this tour have been the best 2 live vocal performances from stevie ever Post being 50.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-19-2017, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Prior record holder was either storms in 2009. Gold dust woman 2013 thru 2015. Or even soldiers Angel 2012. Edge of 17 of 2012 is up there too. But now it's not even close. For me at least , the 2 songs I mentioned from this most recent tour are the clear best.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-20-2017, 06:53 AM

Fabulous!!!
Old 02-20-2017, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

69 this year eh? Unbelievable. People who don't know her very well would not think she was anywhere near that age.