Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy Dead = Sad

I'm gonna cry.
It's been more dead than usual here.
I miss the way it used to be.
Where are the trolls? Where are the heated political debates? Where is everyone at yanking eachothers chain??
I miss this place.
Talk to me, dammit!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
I'm gonna cry.
Where are the trolls? Where are the heated political debates? Where is everyone at yanking eachothers chain??
I miss this place.
Talk to me, dammit!!!
Dont be sad, get glad....! With...Gladlock?

Ermm...well anyway. Its that crazy time of year where everyone is running around like headless chickens i suppose. I find on my two days off during the week I'm doing nearly as much work as the other 5. I've gotten all my Christmas shopping done though! I spent more this year than I have in the last 3 combined. Ugh. Damn retailers.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Dont be sad, get glad....! With...Gladlock?

Ermm...well anyway. Its that crazy time of year where everyone is running around like headless chickens i suppose. I find on my two days off during the week I'm doing nearly as much work as the other 5. I've gotten all my Christmas shopping done though! I spent more this year than I have in the last 3 combined. Ugh. Damn retailers.
Yeah, suppose you're right. I'm almost done with shopping. I'm only buying for my girls this year, so it's been a pretty relaxed year for me. Thank God.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Yeah I bought only for my family...cards for everyone else! I battled all odds and managed to get a wii for my sister (my brother and I went half-sies)....I had NO IDEA they were in such demand. I mean, people waiting in lines. The system has been out for a year now! Insanity.

I can see, after all these years, how this time of year turned my father into Clark Griswold! hahaha

Quote:
I'm gonna cry.
I miss this place.
Talk to me, dammit!!!
Quote:
Yeah, suppose you're right. I'm almost done with shopping. I'm only buying for my girls this year, so it's been a pretty relaxed year for me. Thank God.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well ever since school has started, I haven't been able to be on here as much.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seven Wonders is back in business.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well, tbh, I think most people are still skeptic about the 1-strike-and-you're-out routine. That's problem number one.

problem number two is I feel so many people have been burned by other ledgies, that everyone is on the defense. I think everyone pretty well knows what i'm talking about. we're not this happy family anymore. not that we ever were. I mean...it was disfucntional. and it was f*cked up. and it was crazy. but at least, for the most part, everyone cared for each other. there's no connection anymore. we've lots that loving feeling. now it's gone.

gone.

gone.

woah.

I also hate that the ledge has come to this. I'm not going to sit here and say "oh it's the holidays, people are busy" because it sucked before the holidays.

I think a bulk of the main posters don't really visit here as much because of certain events that have played out over the course of the past year. Then seven wonders crashed and this place was flooded with wannabes who were ~timeless~ and ~wind children~ and I felt like the few people who were left were put off by that.

okay. i'll add the holidays. yeah, people are busy *cough cough*

add that to no activity with the band, and you have a pretty bleak situation.

I keep hoping that the place will liven up but it hasn't. I wish I knew a way to fix it because I love this place. i really do.

while we're at it, the ONE thread that actually had activity going on was the thread about the 2girls1cup. it was actually an interesting thread, even though the material was disgusting. But it's not like the video was posted. it's not like a link was posted. we were just discussing the video and the reactions around it and it got deleted. so idk whatever.

and to touch on the one strike rule. if it weren't in place, i'd say what I think REALLY think happened to the ledge
Old 12-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For me, it's a matter of finding other things, namely hockey and Robert Pollard (Guided By Voices), that are here now. I actually get to hang out with these people on a regular basis. Hockey season last almost six months, and Bob has a new album coming out every few months. It's current, it's in the moment. I'm always looking forward to something that actually happens again and again.

It's everything that isn't happening with Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac fandom is a bit more abstract. I just find it hard to be sentimental over something that will never be what it once was even if the various principle members all got back together (regardless of incarnation, BTW). Fleetwood Mac is done. I've listened to all there is to hear, I've seen all there is to see, I've read (almost) everything there is to read (unless John, Christine, or whoever wants to write another book). I'm still a fan, but I really don't have the interest that I once had. The fact that they did NOTHING for their 40th anniversary tells me they don't care anymore. Why should I?

Plus, all of the dramatic crap that goes on with Fleetwood Mac, all of the healing/growing psychobabble, Stevie's drama queen-isms, etc., have all worn mightily thin on me. I don't care. I just want to see a rock show. Shut up and play, and if you're going to talk, make it entertaining. I'm a social worker. The last thing I want is to pay to watch somebody have a therapy session at a rock concert.

To give you an example of the difference of mentality, ten years ago, Fleetwood Mac basically copied the Eagles' formula for a reunion. Which is lame, if you think about it. To spend the better part of six to seven years highlighting the differences between the bands and to then suddenly copy them? Doesn't make sense. They should have axed the backing vocalists and extra musicians and just gone out as a five piece (not even Ray Lindsey). And, instead of giving a bunch of psychobabble, give a speech that would be worthy of being remembered! Something like Robert Pollard (who has put out two full lenght albums just of his stage banter). That speech would have been more like this: "A few years ago, the Eagles got back together. I guess Don and Glen are buddy-buddy again. F**K the Eagles. How is it possible for a band to suck so badly when it starts off with Bernie Leadon and ends with Joe Walsh? See, they had potential and blew it. We did a lot of blow and exceeded our potential. That's why we were all f**king each other. Hell, we felt bad for them and let them f**k Stevie, but even that didn't help. So, tonight, we're going to show you what a real rock concert is like. Oh, and while we don't openly hate each other anymore, we're not like best buddies, either. We're a rock band. We rock. As you can see, we didn't bring anybody else to the party. Why would we add anything what is already the greatest band in the world?" If they started acting like real rock musicians, then I might be more interested.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm gonna cry.
I miss this place.
Talk to me, dammit!!!
I dunno. Me, I've been too busy watching our mighty exalted leader George W. Bush's wonderful efforts as the best President ever of These United States, and learning about Stevie's sordid past which is completely all Lindsey's fault and not at all Stevie's, and wondering how Fleetwood Mac ever got by with a drummer like Mick Fleetwood and a bass guitarist like John McVie.

Good 'nuff?

Last edited by Ghost_Tracker; 12-06-2007 at 01:04 AM..
Old 12-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
and wondering how Fleetwood Mac ever got by with a drummer like Mick Fleetwood and a bass guitarist like John McVie.
Dear God. I hope you are joking. Those are fighting words.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Dear God. I hope you are joking. Those are fighting words.
Well totally but she DID say she wanted to "spice things up!" LOL!
Old 12-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I'm gonna cry.
I miss this place.
Talk to me, dammit!!!
For a minute I thought someone had passed. Way to scare the crap out of me.
This year has put quite the beat down on me. All I can say is, all I know is that it's a cycle. And cycles come and go. (Tip of the hat to Lindsey).
Old 12-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
For a minute I thought someone had passed. Way to scare the crap out of me.
This year has put quite the beat down on me. All I can say is, all I know is that it's a cycle. And cycles come and go. (Tip of the hat to Lindsey).
Yeah, after I read the thread title, I kinda chuckled... It was really kind of misleading. Didn't mean to scare the crap outta ya...

I don't know what you meant by this year has put the beat down on you, but I know this past year has been an emotional - and expensive year for me. Financially, my up cycle is waning.... it's all down from here for a while... (damn new car...)
Old 12-06-2007, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, after I read the thread title, I kinda chuckled... It was really kind of misleading. Didn't mean to scare the crap outta ya...

I don't know what you meant by this year has put the beat down on you,
I'll talk to you in person next time I see you.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I'll talk to you in person next time I see you.
That'll be a while...
I'd still like to come out there for vacation sometime. I think it'll be Cali again next year though.