User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-14-2024, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The Ledge and Lis were full of joy back then. I remember it vividly.
I didn’t start stalking The Ledge until around 2000. Didn’t get a profile until 2004!
Old 01-14-2024, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The ticket on sale for the Charlotte show got cancelled at the last minute, so they didn't play that show and a few others that were scheduled around that date. That left me to scramble to get a ticket for the Atlanta show and all that was available was a lawn seat. When I arrived for the show it was freezing cold. Someone booked an outdoor show in the fall/winter. I had layers and layers of clothes and was still freezing. It was memorable for all the wrong reasons. The show started late because the crew had to get heaters for the stage and Stevie wore a heavy coat through the whole show. When she sang Silver Springs she strained to hit the notes and the crowd around me gasped in surprise. It was a nice show and I was glad I got to see them especially since that was the end of them adding more shows to the tour.

I was able to get an free advance copy of the CD, so that was a thrill. They were red hot at that moment, and everyone's darling.
Old 01-14-2024, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I didn’t start stalking The Ledge until around 2000. Didn’t get a profile until 2004!
I lurked for 2-3 years before joining. People seemed so mean here. Obviously I finally dove in and began returning punches.

This Ledge is next to nothing of what it used to be. Before Facebook this was a much more social place, with Chit Chat often being the busiest forum.

And I find it odd that the "top" posters have LONG been gone. For a long time, Amber and Distention ruled the roost here. And yet they still are in the top 5 posters, even after a decade(or more) of being gone.
Old 01-16-2024, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I think I started around 1996. But didn't get a profile until later.
Old 01-16-2024, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think I started around 1996. But didn't get a profile until later.
It's so funny that you and I, David and Steve MacD(and others) were all on Usenet, almost 30 years ago(I didn't get a computer until somewhere around 1996).
Old 01-16-2024, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's so funny that you and I, David and Steve MacD(and others) were all on Usenet, almost 30 years ago(I didn't get a computer until somewhere around 1996).
Ahhh yes!! Usenet!! I forgot about that.
Old 01-19-2024, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Back then I was just a baby. 17 years old. I believe I went by AnthonyCT originally since I was living there. The other young ones were Erica (of Saugatuck CT, whom attended the Hartford Enchanted show with me), A kid named Scott Boucher, Laura from Tennessee (LauraTN) and someone else. I think Pearl? I forget.

There was also the Talk To Me Chat Room (remember Chat Rooms?!) where you could make up any name you wanted before entering. Someone or someone’s would say they were anyone where Stevie’s Mom to The lady who ran her fan club, to Christine’s child that she had in secret in the Mirage era. LOL. We were so freaking naive and gullible. the Blue Ledge and Pink Ledge sometimes had turf wars which in the late 90’s led to the Black Ledge where there was a lot of cyber bullying led by a guy who still came here up till a few years ago. God. What a bunch of weirdos. I took it so seriously back then. Then, thankfully I got this thing called a Life and now I only come to lurk and look for news and relive those early days when FM was still productive and full of life. I’m 43 now. Soon 44. And though I love FM I do miss them and wish they hadn’t been so lazy post 1997.
Old 01-19-2024, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh the days of usenet, bill gamelson craziness, and what about the seven wonders forum drama!!!

Plus you had Maureen hacking CD-Rs of soundboard recordings that *allegedly* came directly from Mick. The Memphis '82 show was a solid $35 plus shipping! Get those money orders at the post office. This was before paypal!

Looking back, I'm impressed by the ecosystem that existed within the fan community. The amount of bootleg/demo trading was pretty darn extensive. There was an entire site dedicated to cataloging all of Stevie's known demos and their lyrics. There were several small businesses that catered to / specialized in Fleetwood Mac memorabilia. I used to get a xerox printed catalog mailed to me from a guy that had promo photos, old backstage passes, posters, lps, 45's...you name it for sale. Before all of that, there were printed fanzines which had mostly gone by the wayside by the time I became a fan in '97.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-19-2024 at 11:11 PM..
Old 01-20-2024, 02:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Oh the days of usenet, bill gamelson craziness, and what about the seven wonders forum drama!!!

Plus you had Maureen hacking CD-Rs of soundboard recordings that *allegedly* came directly from Mick. The Memphis '82 show was a solid $35 plus shipping! Get those money orders at the post office. This was before paypal!

Looking back, I'm impressed by the ecosystem that existed within the fan community. The amount of bootleg/demo trading was pretty darn extensive. There was an entire site dedicated to cataloging all of Stevie's known demos and their lyrics. There were several small businesses that catered to / specialized in Fleetwood Mac memorabilia. I used to get a xerox printed catalog mailed to me from a guy that had promo photos, old backstage passes, posters, lps, 45's...you name it for sale. Before all of that, there were printed fanzines which had mostly gone by the wayside by the time I became a fan in '97.
Indeed, the good old days. Bill Gamelson... what a NUT! Somewhere I've got pics of him skydiving with a Stevie license plate(and several other pics).

This would HAVE to be him now.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...ibextid=ZbWKwL
Didn't Stevie get a restraining order against him?

And Seven Dunders? I "think" it began after a major Ledge crash....... or was it after the Great Ledge Implosion(super moderator crap) of 2007? Either way, it was an okay backup site for a while(and they actually asked me to be a mod, I declined), until it became a $tevie ONLY worship site. ANY criticism of her goatness, and you were instantly bant.
Old 01-23-2024, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Indeed, the good old days. Bill Gamelson... what a NUT! Somewhere I've got pics of him skydiving with a Stevie license plate(and several other pics).

This would HAVE to be him now.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...ibextid=ZbWKwL
Didn't Stevie get a restraining order against him?

And Seven Dunders? I "think" it began after a major Ledge crash....... or was it after the Great Ledge Implosion(super moderator crap) of 2007? Either way, it was an okay backup site for a while(and they actually asked me to be a mod, I declined), until it became a $tevie ONLY worship site. ANY criticism of her goatness, and you were instantly bant.
Wow, I never knew any of that. I remember Nixfix. Was he part of that?
Old 01-23-2024, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wow, I never knew any of that. I remember Nixfix. Was he part of that?
I never did Nixfix, or even checked it out. Come on man... even the name is a turnoff. Christine Central has a far more alluring name.
Old 01-23-2024, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I never did Nixfix, or even checked it out. Come on man... even the name is a turnoff. Christine Central has a far more alluring name.
She was still tolerable back then.
Old 01-23-2024, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nicksfix.com changed the url to rockalittle.com

Though it seems it's still online, I have not entered in a long time. When I googled it, Norton Safeweb warns me about evaluated potential safety and security issues with rockalittle.com.
Old 01-23-2024, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seven Wonders Message Board. My first foray into the internet love of Stevie/Mac. I did love it though. I also loved the UK Fleetwood Mac board.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 01-23-2024, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Seven Wonders Message Board. My first foray into the internet love of Stevie/Mac. I did love it though. I also loved the UK Fleetwood Mac board.
It was great at first. But later turned into a Stevie shrine. ANY criticism of Stevie and you were kicked off the board. Seriously.

When they asked me to be a mod, I was like, "well sh*t, this isn't going to go well", and I declined.