Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-22-2024, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default On with the Show tour

How come no professionally shot concert film from the 2014-2015 On With the Show tour has ever been released? Or at least live CD? Mick has said they record the audio of every show on multi track, so it’s not like this wouldn’t be possible. But did the band even film any shows? I would have thought Christine’s return would have given them the impetus to do this.

Any ideas why this hasn’t happened?
Old 02-22-2024, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
How come no professionally shot concert film from the 2014-2015 On With the Show tour has ever been released? Or at least live CD? Mick has said they record the audio of every show on multi track, so it’s not like this wouldn’t be possible. But did the band even film any shows? I would have thought Christine’s return would have given them the impetus to do this.

They’ve released nothing since the Live in Boston in 2004. My thought was you probably would’ve gotten something from 2014-15 but once they fired Lindsey and moved on with whatever that was in 2018-19, they weren’t going to go out with another LB fronted show cementing the Rumours 5 as THE lineup.

I doubt Stevie would sign off on it now although at some point if he could, I’m sure Mick would to make a buck.
Old 02-22-2024, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
They’ve released nothing since the Live in Boston in 2004. My thought was you probably would’ve gotten something from 2014-15 but once they fired Lindsey and moved on with whatever that was in 2018-19, they weren’t going to go out with another LB fronted show cementing the Rumours 5 as THE lineup.

I doubt Stevie would sign off on it now although at some point if he could, I’m sure Mick would to make a buck.
“whatever that was in 2018-2019”—exactly! We know what it wasn’t. It wasn’t FM. And it wasn’t good.
Old 02-23-2024, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post

I've been saying it for 15 years, but...

Stevie Nicks RUINED Fleetwood Mac.

My words still ring true.
Old 02-23-2024, 05:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post

I asked Mick this exact question on a meet n' greet and his reply was... "The content is on YouTube so we are not planning to release anything official", or words to that effect, it was back in 2014

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 02-23-2024, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

My speculation is they definitely would have filmed a final tour while promoting their new and final album in 2018.
I think the band knew it would be their swan song and final act. They were right. It was their swan song but not what they envisioned. No album and not all the members
Old 02-23-2024, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
My speculation is they definitely would have filmed a final tour while promoting their new and final album in 2018.
I think the band knew it would be their swan song and final act. They were right. It was their swan song but not what they envisioned. No album and not all the members
I like this guess. But, I doubt they were that savvy!!!
Old 02-23-2024, 09:09 AM

Would be great to have Behind the scenes DVD package of that whole tour. What a missed opportunity.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodmod View Post
I asked Mick this exact question on a meet n' greet and his reply was... "The content is on YouTube so we are not planning to release anything official", or words to that effect, it was back in 2014
The logic I see behind those words is that since there are lot of clips in YouTube, a video for sale wouldn't be a worthwhile commercial success.
Old 02-23-2024, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
The logic I see behind those words is that since there are lot of clips in YouTube, a video for sale wouldn't be a worthwhile commercial success.
They just didn't know how to market.
Old 02-23-2024, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Buckingham McVie tour would have also made a pretty good . . . whatever . . . show on cable or Blu-ray.

The Nicks show that was released in theaters — was that ever Blu-rayed? Can you buy it?

Was the Peter Green tribute ever Blu-rayed?

Was Live in Boston ever DVDd?

These guys don’t do a lot of home media, even though those two Blu-rays of Lindsey solo concerts are two of the best things we have. Those are really excellent on all levels — no flash, just substance. Stevie’s theater film looked like just the opposite — all flash, no substance. Her craft is marketing.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-23-2024, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Was Live in Boston ever DVDd?
You mean this? It was pretty good quality.

Old 02-23-2024, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They just didn't know how to market.
With Irving in charge, they have NO excuse. The Eagles put out Farewell 1 double DVD set, and History of the Eagles. Both of which I've watched 100 times.
Old 02-23-2024, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just tried to watch this again recently and something about this DVD is so unsatisfying. I couldn't finish watching it. I saw the SYW tour twice and really enjoyed it, but this DVD doesn't represent what I saw at the concerts. At least Lindsey does have a couple rocking new songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
You mean this? It was pretty good quality.

Old 02-23-2024, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't understand how/why it had to be on two DVDs. It may seem like a minor thing but it just made the whole thing so cheap to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I just tried to watch this again recently and something about this DVD is so unsatisfying. I couldn't finish watching it. I saw the SYW tour twice and really enjoyed it, but this DVD doesn't represent what I saw at the concerts. At least Lindsey does have a couple rocking new songs.