User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
I think the reason they did nothing more recent than Tango was so no-one had the embarrassment of learning to play something recorded while they were out of the band for whatever reason. Having to learn a song as if you were a newcomer rather than one who'd been away and returned must be a pretty demeaning experience.
Christine should have learned to play every song on the SYW album as penance.

Alternatively, Christine should tell Lindsey she wants to add Behind the Mask to the setlist and walk him through the guitar parts.

Michele
Old 09-22-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Christine should have learned to play every song on the SYW album as penance.

Alternatively, Christine should tell Lindsey she wants to add Behind the Mask to the setlist and walk him through the guitar parts.

Michele
He played on the title track, already.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Tusk had more involvement from Stevie and she actually contributed and was present. Tango she was not present. Did not contribute anything (much) and then complained she was not IN the album enough and they had to insert some layered vocals to make it sound like she was IN the band on the songs she was not singing lead on. She was much more present in Behind the Mask.

1. She won't let LB "produce" her songs and mess with them like she let him on Tusk since she hated what he did to her Say You Will songs
2. She won't co-write with LB, even though she cowrote with Dave Stewart
3. She won't give them anything she thinks its good enough for her own albums anymore
4. She doesn't like being in the studio unless she has something to do, yet won't cowrite.
5. If she wants to produce her OWN songs and tell CM and LB exactly how to play on each song like they sound on demos they become less a band and more a backup group on a Stevie solo album. At that point they are not a band, they are just her backup group playing the songs they way the demo was recorded. No interpretation. Take Gypsy as a great example. The Heartbreakers version was pretty damn good. Then LB and CM got a hold of it and make it MAGIC. I don't think that MAGIC can happen unless SN releases a song to them and lets them make it the way they want through their own working it out. She is just being old and crusty about everything these days. I think she needs to take a laxative and just relax a little! Old woman needs to eat her prunes. hehe

I predict this will end up very much like Tango. Another LB/CM albums, with a SN song here and there. They stopped being a productive band (this 5) in 1979. They faked it well enough in 1982. In 1987 they were a duo with guest vocals. in 1997 they were an "oldies group". In 2003 they were basically Buckingham Nicks Version 2.0. Im not sure what they are now other than an oldies group that (before it was dropped) the newest song they played was from 1987, the last single released being Seven Wonders.

I love them, and I am glad I finally got to see the original 5 since i missed them in 1997... but I think they are done. If I set my hopes low and accept they are "done" maybe MAYBE they will surprise me, come up with an amazing album that harkens back to the 70's sound and give me one last great Fleetwood Mac album for the ages. (please please please let it happen!!)
I think Stevie thinks her demos are perfect the way they are...um..they aren't. She's forgetting the magic Lindsey made of her songs pre Tango. Her songs on Tango in my opinion were awful. She wasn't there, was a mess and couldn't contribute anything worthwhile. Tango was when she was at the pinnacle of her way over the top warbling vocals. Totally carried away with her Stevieness. Since then she has come back down to earth when it comes to how to sing a song. Say You will wasn't that great bus since then I think they both have found their groove again. I still think they could make magic, if she would just let it happen. But she won't.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was listening to the EP songs the other day and it made me sort of depressed to think, what if that's the last material we ever get from the band?
Old 09-24-2015, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
I was listening to the EP songs the other day and it made me sort of depressed to think, what if that's the last material we ever get from the band?
That is a pretty horrifying thought. Honestly, though... I don't even put the EP songs into my mental Mac catalogue. To me at least, I group that whole thing as a half-baked experiment of Lindsey's that's been filed away, never to be seen again. I don't really view the EP as a group effort. It's just Lindsey's basement noodlings that happened to be released in an online format.

Regardless, I have no doubt we will see one last Mac album. Christine putting her English estate on the market tells me she's likely looking at returning to the US in a longer-term capacity. This points to more Mac work in the future. Richard Dashut's cryptic messages seem to be reinforcing Mac studio work. I really just feel in my gut that an album is forthcoming. It may not be next year, but it's going to happen.

Last edited by louielouie2000; 09-24-2015 at 09:54 PM..
Old 09-25-2015, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What cryptic messages by Richard Dashut?
Old 09-25-2015, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
That is a pretty horrifying thought. Honestly, though... I don't even put the EP songs into my mental Mac catalogue. To me at least, I group that whole thing as a half-baked experiment of Lindsey's that's been filed away, never to be seen again. I don't really view the EP as a group effort. It's just Lindsey's basement noodlings that happened to be released in an online format.

Regardless, I have no doubt we will see one last Mac album. Christine putting her English estate on the market tells me she's likely looking at returning to the US in a longer-term capacity. This points to more Mac work in the future. Richard Dashut's cryptic messages seem to be reinforcing Mac studio work. I really just feel in my gut that an album is forthcoming. It may not be next year, but it's going to happen.
The "It may not be next year" part of this otherwise positive post makes my stomach churn each time I read it. You're most likely right--and this depresses the hell out of me. Two more years for a bleepin' album that should have come out in summer 2014...
Old 09-25-2015, 08:57 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Carnival Begin!!
Old 09-29-2015, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Where there's smoke there's fire.

In regards to this new album, there's not even a hint of smoke.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Where there's smoke there's fire.

In regards to this new album, there's not even a hint of smoke.
I definitely disagree. Mick, Lindsey, and Chris have all spoken extensively about their time in the studio before this tour began. They've all stated many times that they hope Stevie will join them so they can get these songs out. Richard Dashut keeps dropping hints that he might have some involvement. There are some conflicting reports from those in the know with Stevie in regards to when she will become involved, I will give you that. To me, it's all a matter of when not if.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:22 PM
dawn_amanda

I am so confused... Why hasn't Stevie been involved? I went to a couple of their London shows and she seemed so happy they are all back together, so why would she not want to be on the album?
Old 09-29-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn_amanda View Post
I am so confused... Why hasn't Stevie been involved? I went to a couple of their London shows and she seemed so happy they are all back together, so why would she not want to be on the album?
There are a few theories.

* She's been touring so much with FMac. (w/ and w/o Christine) that she decided to put out a solo project (demos) during her time between the 2013 and 2014 tours. This was while FM had been recording their new album at the old "Tusk" studio. She simply wasn't there or available. In the meantime, Fleetwood Mac commence a world tour, leaving them very little time to get Stevie into the studio.

* She doesn't like the way Lindsey produces her work. Going as far back as Say You Will, she even has hinted never to record with him as producer again. Also, an issue of it being an all guys club.

* She doesn't like the fact that Lindsey can work with Christine so well and never collaborates with her (on an equal level). She feels a bit left out of the band process and thinks, "the hell with it, I'll do my own material and pay someone else to produce it and arrange it."

* She is still waiting for Sheryl Crow to join. (this one I'm just joking)

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 09-30-2015 at 12:17 PM..
Old 09-30-2015, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think we have 4 band members rubbing sticks together really fast, hoping they can get a spark.

Anybody that's ever tried that knows you'll get tired and give up if it doesn't happen quickly.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I think we have 4 band members rubbing sticks together really fast, hoping they can get a spark.

Anybody that's ever tried that knows you'll get tired and give up if it doesn't happen quickly.

Everything is already ablaze - except for one particular member who seems to be wearing a fire blanket.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
Everything is already ablaze - except for one particular member who seems to be wearing a fire blanket.
Every time that you walk in the room.