Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Every time that you walk in the room.
There's no fire burning, just a soul crying -- and a dream dying.

Michele
Old 10-01-2015, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
There's no fire burning, just a soul crying -- and a dream dying.

Michele
You never told me 'bout the fire.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arts...-1227577630462

Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood takes pride in being part of one of music’s greatest soap operas, the band’s landmark 1977 album Rumours.

“The album is a chronicle of everything that happened with us on a personal level, which became a story almost too out of control, but the quality of the way we *approached that album sonically, it’s very natural,” Fleetwood, 68, said in Sydney yesterday.

The drummer, who has also toured Australia with his blues band, said that a new album would be forthcoming from Fleetwood Mac.

“There will be a new record,” he said.

“John and myself and Lindsey cut a lot of stuff about three years ago, which remains in our swollen archive. Much later we recorded with Christine. Whether Stevie becomes a part of that we’re not quite sure. I live in hope that it will work out.

“We’re not done yet, that’s the main thing.”

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 10-21-2015, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood takes pride in being part of one of music’s greatest soap operas, the band’s landmark 1977 album Rumours.

“The album is a chronicle of everything that happened with us on a personal level, which became a story almost too out of control, but the quality of the way we *approached that album sonically, it’s very natural,” Fleetwood, 68, said in Sydney yesterday.

The drummer, who has also toured Australia with his blues band, said that a new album would be forthcoming from Fleetwood Mac.

“John and myself and Lindsey cut a lot of stuff about three years ago, which remains in our swollen archive. Much later we recorded with Christine. Whether Stevie becomes a part of that we’re not quite sure. I live in hope that it will work out.

Will the same ole news from them but updated.Nothing new.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-21-2015, 01:18 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post

I thought they were. Interesting. I thought they were as good as gone come the end of November... but maybe I'm just pessimistic
Old 10-21-2015, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Will the same ole news from them but updated.Nothing new.
Well he uses more unambiguous and certain language regarding the prospects of an album. He says it WILL happen.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2015...medium=twitter

"There will be a brand new Fleetwood Mac album with this iconic lineup in 2016".
Old 11-08-2015, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post

"There will be a brand new Fleetwood Mac album with this iconic lineup in 2016".
I'm not sure if this is news to us or not. We all know that a new album has been in the pipeline but the whole thing with Stevie not participating has left us with some uncertainty. Could they really have recorded the whole album already?
Old 11-08-2015, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really think Stevie's reluctance is based on her sense of her place in the band. She is likely holding out for the lion's share of royalties, a place of prominence in the promotional schemes, more songs in the track list, artistic control, and so on. I net she wants this one to be more about her than previous band releases have been.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I'm not sure if this is news to us or not. We all know that a new album has been in the pipeline but the whole thing with Stevie not participating has left us with some uncertainty. Could they really have recorded the whole album already?
I only posted because they are confirming it like they got the info from the band. I'm not sure if Stevie participated as of yet, but this article & update leads me to believe that she has or she will.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I only posted because they are confirming it like they got the info from the band. I'm not sure if Stevie participated as of yet, but this article & update leads me to believe that she has or she will.
Wow, I don't know how they got that info but they seem really confident about it. Already been recorded? Exciting news, but I'm skeptical.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Wow, I don't know how they got that info but they seem really confident about it. Already been recorded? Exciting news, but I'm skeptical.
Unfortunately, I think the reference to the new album already being recorded is proably just a bit of half-accurate journalism, where the writer worked from the Rolling Stone article published before the tour started.

I am more enthusiastic about Mick's certainty, quoted in an article about a month ago. It may happen without Stevie --but something will happen. I just want to hear new Christine songs, to be honest.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 11-08-2015 at 10:56 PM..
Old 11-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm not sure I would set much store by this article. The journalist seems to have a terribly clunky writing style and a fairly tenuous grasp of grammar:

Personally this band is a soap-opera. Even when you know the true-life story its hard to believe. However, it is the telling of the raw emotion of their lives in songs, being the open books that they are in their lyrics, that makes it possible for many struggling fans to deal with their own dilemma’s in private.

Oh, the sufferings of the poor apostrophe....

He repeats adjectives and gets his dates wrong:

72-year old Christine McVie is stunning. She looks 30 years younger on stage and her voice is as stunning as what it was when she left the band three and a half decades ago.

She last toured Australia with Fleetwood Mac in 1980 and had left the band before the next tour in 1990.

I wonder if he was paid for this? Rant over.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:27 PM
dawn_amanda

I just don't understand it. Stevie seems so happy to tour and delighted Christine is back. Why would she not want to be part of the album?! It would be incredibly disappointing if she wasn't on it at all.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn_amanda View Post
I just don't understand it. Stevie seems so happy to tour and delighted Christine is back. Why would she not want to be part of the album?! It would be incredibly disappointing if she wasn't on it at all.
I've been saying this all along. Even if she has the fewest songs, she should just do it.