User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default From the Nicksfix-Jana's answer to our Sweedish Ledgie

from Hanna in Filipstad, Sweden

Hi Jana! First of all, thanks for having such a beautiful voice!!! And now, Can you ask Stevie if she and the mac wil come to sweden again??? I really need an answer! And thank Stevie sooo much for holding my hand after GYOW at the Sweden concert! I have been touched by an angel and will never, ever forget it!
Love,
Hanna, 16 years old, in Sweden. A huge Stevie fan! When you see Stevie, tell her that she got a huge fan in the Swedish forrest wanting to see her soon again!

Jana's answer:

Hi Hanna. Thank you for saying I have a beautiful voice. Well, having 3 grandparents originally from Sweden, I sure hope we go back. I loved it so much, Stockholm is now one of my favorite cities. I had heard it was special, but to experience it was dreamy. I can tell you that I don't get my schedule until only a couple months before we actually leave much of the time. I would be the last person to know where we travel. I really need an answer too. hahaha!! I'm so glad you felt Stevie's magic. I get to do that before many of the shows with all the stars. It's a great feeling so I understand. I will tell her you love her.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On this day in 1979 I saw Fleetwood Mac in concert for my very first time. Yup, 30 years ago today. This photo was taken that night. November 10,1979

Photobucket
Old 11-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Youtube copyright issues/ I made a video that had a Fleetwood Mac song playing in the background. When I uploaded it to youtube it blocked the sound and I received an email saying it was an unauthorized use of the song. I thought to myself, for crying out loud, half of youtube is an unauthorized copyright violation. That's how the site became what it is and still is.

It was one of those moments where a person thinks, am I the only one they have rules for?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Google has been sued previously by various RIAA members, end result being that google compared uploads to "fingerprints" from various recording artists. If it matches one of the fingerprints, it's denied and taken down. The DMCA (digital millennium copyright act) is can be blamed for this sort of behaviour.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/co...ht-issues.html
Old 11-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In Which the State Department Press Team Starts Drinking Before ...
By Katie Paul
The State Department just sent out three highly unusual e-mails to its press mailing list: one (aptly) calling itself boring, one quoting Fleetwood Mac, and one calling out the nonsense "virtual student" program for its complete and ...
Newsweek Blogs - http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/default.aspx
Old 11-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Metro catches up with artist Alicia Keys in New York’s East Village to discuss her latest album, freedom and Madonna…

Q. There is a lot more ’80s-inspired sounds reminiscent of Prince, Madonna, Michael Jackson … on this album, The Element of Freedom.

A. It’s really funny; some people say, “It sounds like Michael Jackson! It sounds like Fleetwood Mac! It sounds like Madonna!” I’m like, Madonna?! Really? That’s cool! I never sit down and contemplate what it’s going to sound like. I went into this album knowing I wanted to try new styles.

http://www.metronews.ca/ottawa/enter...d-life-balance
Old 11-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But what sucks is that the economic realities of the record business (rampant greed, resistance to internet distribution) have really funneled down the choices for retail sales. I like KISS. I like the Eagles. I also like Fleetwood Mac, who are also hammering out a deal to release their upcoming album exclusively at Wal-Mart. So if I want to own these CD’s, I’ll have to patronize the evil 800-lb. gorilla with the smiley face.

http://www.newwest.net/topic/article...ate/C564/L564/
Old 11-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
But what sucks is that the economic realities of the record business (rampant greed, resistance to internet distribution) have really funneled down the choices for retail sales. I like KISS. I like the Eagles. I also like Fleetwood Mac, who are also hammering out a deal to release their upcoming album exclusively at Wal-Mart. So if I want to own these CD’s, I’ll have to patronize the evil 800-lb. gorilla with the smiley face.

http://www.newwest.net/topic/article...ate/C564/L564/
Interesting. I wonder if it's the Rumours repackaging or an actual new album.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While we're sure there will plenty of eyes directed at another female singer's long-delayed album dropping today, we feel that it'd be a pity if that caused Annie's excellent sophomore effort to get overlooked. Anne Strand, better known as simply Annie, was all set to release Don't Stop a year ago before abruptly cutting ties from her record label and pulling the album from the release schedule. Word filtered through that she was reworking tracks and recording new material. We'd heard the unreleased version of Don't Stop and while it wasn't perfect we weren't sure if this album revamp was really necessary.

It turns out it was, and the version of Don't Stop hitting wide release today is a punchier collection of songs that replaces a few of the lighter a fluffier of Annie's inclinations with songs that are both catchier and slightly weirder and more catchy.

The martial sing-song of "Hey Annie" serves as an excellent intro, kind of an electronic answer to the sound of Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk"that perfectly tees up what's to follow.

http://chicagoist.com/2009/11/17/roc...able_annie.php
Old 11-21-2009, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So can you describe your actual position with ILAA? Like is what you’re doing unique for this tour or do they have other people doing similar things for other tours?

Yeah there are other tour reps that do what I do for other artists. Every tour is different and it’s geared towards what the artist wants to do. For David he does two songs for the group and the meet and greet and the pictures. There was one tour rep that got to work with Fleetwood Mac and they did pictures on stage with Mick Fleetwood and a backstage tour for those that didn’t do the meet and greet. Every tour has something unique and special and each artist gets to collaborate with ILAA and their management and decide what they want to do and we bring that to the fans-which is really fun. So, there are no two ILAA tours that are exactly alike, everything is really geared towards the audience as well as what the artist wants.

http://fansofdavid.com/?p=32156
Old 11-28-2009, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is from an article about Geoffrey Edelsten's and Brynne Gordon's wedding:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertai...-1225804738828

She confirms that Robbie Williams and Fleetwood Mac were contenders as weddings singers, but "the fit wasn't right".
Old 12-02-2009, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Another constant in our house at this time was Fleetwood Mac – Rumours:
For whatever reason, it seemed to be mandatory that if you were white and living in the suburbs, you HAD to own this record.

This was the first record where I actually memorized EVERY song. I even did little “air guitar” concerts with a broom handle.

Funny thought, for some reason when I was young, say under 10, I thought that ALL older bands no longer existed because they were dead or something. So imagine my surprise when Fleetwood Mac made a mini-resurgence in the 80’s.

http://www.wunderkraut.com/index.php...the-beginning/
Old 12-02-2009, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Man I have a story about you and Fleetwood Mac, and the Rumours album.
It was during one of our annual Boy Scout camping trips to Providence Canyon (Little Grand Canyon). You were on the younger side, so when you entered a heavily debated topic of best Rock Album of all time, you got slammed when you brought up Rumours to the other Rock charged debaters who were supporting Van Halen, Def Leopard or whoever was the flavor of the year. Luckily for you, me and Tommy Cole, the other “older” kid agreed to let you have your say. But man you took a beating. And you would not let it go! You brought up Rumours any and every time you had an opportunity for the entire weekend. Even though, I liked Fleetwood Mac and we agreed, I was starting to lose my mind. Come to think of it, why were you defending the Album to the only two guys that had heard the album, and liked it, and not the guys kicking the turd out of it.
Anyway from that day on, I never heard a Fleetwood Mac song without being reminded of your persistence. In fact many years later, I think during a Lindsey Buckingham guitar solo, sitting in the grass at an outdoor amphitheater in Columbus, Ohio; with a half-naked Mick Fleetwood letting it rip on the drums, I could be heard having a Turrets fit for a split second…”Talley you #*&%@*%…get out of my head.”
I thought you would like that nugget.

http://www.wunderkraut.com/index.php...the-beginning/
Old 12-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[If they mention you're a fan in your obit, then you know you must be a diehard like those of us here. Wonder if she was ever on The Ledge]

Zanesville Times Recorder (Ohio)
http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.c...912030348/1023

ROSEVILLE: Kimberly Ruth Elliott, 46, passed away Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at Genesis Good Samaritan Hospital.

Kim was born in Zanesville on February 24, 1963 to Eugene Ally and Thelma Starcher Moore. Kim was a huge Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks fan.

Kim is survived by her mother, Thelma Moore; special friend, Kenny Dodson; daughters, Amanda Elliott of Warsaw, Brittany Elliott of Newark, and Miranda Elliott of Zanesville; sisters, Lucy (Jeff) McLean of Roseville and Terina Moore of Crooksville; brother, Robert Moore of Noble County; four grandchildren, Rayn, Stacey, Olivia, and Braxton.

She was preceded in death by her father; maternal grandparents, Demy (Ruth) Starcher; aunt, Evelyn Ferral; and mother-in-law, Mary Lou Elliott.

Calling hours will be held on Friday, December 4, 2009 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at THE SNOUFFER FUNERAL HOME, ROSEVILLE CHAPEL, 33 North Main Street, Roseville. A memorial service will be held at 7 p.m. at the funeral home on Friday, December 4, 2009 with Pastor Mark Mealick officiating. A cremation will take place.

To send a note of condolence to the family, please visit our website at www.snoufferfuneralhome.com or call our compassionate staff at 740.697.7777
Old 12-04-2009, 04:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Live” DVD collection is the "event of the season,” in the words of an old Neil Young tune.
This nine-disc boxed set of 125 rock royalty jam sessions is the must-have or must-give package of the year for the rock ’n’ roll fan of any age. The young can learn from it, and the baby boomers can revel in the music they grew up to, played by the original players who’ve survived in the business of be-bop-a-lu-la for 25 years and longer — the required length of time you have to have been a pro player to be eligible for immortalization in Cleveland’s monument to rock and its attendant attitude and spirit.

Some of the performances are a little rough, particularly the uneasy reunion of the five original Byrds in 1991 for a mangling of "Turn, Turn, Turn,” and the reunited Cream’s sluggish run at "Sunshine of Your Love.” But the sweet moment when Stevie Nicks lovingly caresses Lindsey Buckingham’s shoulders during a moving acoustic solo break in "Landslide,” and Ann and Nancy Wilson’s majestic interpretation of Led Zeppelin’s "Battle of Evermore,” with Ann on acoustic guitar, harmonizing with Nancy on mandolin, are unforgettable, historic, once-in-a-lifetime performances. Prince’s jaw-dropping solo at the end of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps” during the posthumous induction of George Harrison is almost worth the $120 price tag all by itself.

http://www.newsok.com/box-sets-wrap-...ad_story_title
Old 12-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going to see the legendary Fleetwood Mac in concert this Tuesday!
Even though all the band members will probably be using walking frames and taking nap breaks every 10 minutes, I am very excited. It should be a good show.

I am actually quite disappointed that Christine McVie will not be touring with the band as she left sometime during 2008. She was a pretty good vocalist. I like her. All other original band members (Stevie Nicks, Lindsay Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie) will be there thankfully.

http://stockingsneededmending.blogsp...ust-woman.html