User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
The Mick Fleetwood experience reaches new heights..

Rent Micks Maui home scroll down to "Maui estate"
This states Mick's birthdate as 1st Jan 1970!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The Mick Fleetwood experience reaches new heights..

Rent Micks Maui home scroll down to "Maui estate"
He's been doing that for years.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-13-2014, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From an article on Graham Colton, Alternative Addiction by Neil K. Warner:

http://www.alternativeaddiction.com/...ounded-So-Good

"Summer to Me" is the song that Colton said he’s received the most feedback on but what makes this record worth spending buying on iTunes is a song called "Arms" which is a bass driven song that he co-wrote with Brine Webb. It includes a heavy dose of guitar rifts that help this track stand out. Colton calls it his tribute to Fleetwood Mac because he thinks it’s a groove that Mick Fleetwood would come up with.

It almost sounds like Stevie Nicks joins Lindsey Buckingham on the chorus and sings, “You run away, you run away you run away from me.”

“That one was totally about trying to capture a sound or a mood. I wanted to write something that’s kind of Fleetwood Mac-ish, feels good and kind of hypnotic,” Colton said. “Arms maybe the only song that started with the rhythm. I thought let’s just jam to this and see what happens. I really credit Brinee for establishing that kind of groove. That was an important song for us. Once we got that one it was like we’ve got a record.”
Old 02-23-2014, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[This is from a Guardian article on the Olympics. Hey! I don't think comparing skating to Rumours is stupid!]

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...in-ice-skating

Barker did remark, apropos of the wonderfully graceful Carolina Kostner, that "she knows how to sell a programme", immediately evoking 50s images of young women in cinema aisles with torches and trays of ice creams. But there was nothing remotely as stupid as this remark from one of the halfpipe commentators, about a competitor in the women's event on Thursday: "She's skiing the equivalent of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours – a seminal album!"
Old 03-04-2014, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.songfacts.com/blog/interv...obby_whitlock/

Quote:
Carl Wiser (Songfacts): How did you end up in Derek and the Dominos?

Bobby Whitlock: I was with Delaney And Bonnie and them. I was the last one to leave that organization. Everybody else did (Joe Cocker's album) Mad Dogs & Englishmen. I stayed with them and helped them do a couple more albums. Then the pressure got to be too much and Steve Cropper suggested I go see Eric and see what he's doing. He actually bought my ticket to England. I called Eric and said, "Hey, what are you up to," and he said, "I'm just getting my hair cut." I said, "I need to get out of here, is it all right if I come visit?" He said, "Sure, come on over," so I was over there 2 days later. I was just hanging with him, we got around to picking and singing, and the next thing I know, we decided to put a group together. He and I were writing, it just happened real natural for us because we already had a friendship developed through the Delaney And Bonnie thing. He went on the road with us. We already had a friendship going, so us sitting around writing, playing and singing was not uncommon. I was staying at his country house at Heartwood Edge in Surrey. I knew George. George went out for a couple of dates with us when we were on tour with Eric. George, Paul and them had broken up. I was friends with George when all this was happening. He was playing me the songs he wanted to do on his record. Eric's ex-wife, I used to go with her sister, so that's another way I was hooked up with George. I spent a lot of time out there at Friar Park. George plays me all this stuff. He wanted to do his first record after The Beatles - he never got to do his own stuff, just one song on each album. He wanted to know what Eric and I thought about putting a band together for his album. Eric and I were already talking about it, and we had already talked about having Jim Keltner come over and be in our band. Keltner was the original drummer, and Carl Radle. They were out on tour, they were still doing Mad Dogs. It turns out Jim Gordon and Carl come storming in from the Mad Dogs & Englishmen thing. We started right in on the session. I made a call, I called Carl Radle and Jim Keltner. Keltner was on the road with Gabor Szabo, and Carl Radle was on the road with Leon and them. I talked to Keltner, and Keltner was going to come over when he got finished, but Jim Gordon got finished with that Mad Dogs thing and he stormed right on over and was in on it right away. The availability was there for a drummer, and Jim Gordon seized the moment. Keltner said Jim Gordon's been taking some pretty important gigs from him in Derek And The Dominoes and All Things Must Pass. He was there and the need was immediate, so he filled the slot. The Dominoes were formed during the recording of All Things Must Pass. Carl and Jim wound up coming out to Eric's at Heartwood Edge and we stayed out there and rehearsed. That got to be too much, so we got the Domino flat in town on 33 Turlough Street. We got out of Eric's place and the 3 of us were in downtown London raising all manner of hell and unrest.
Well, hmmm...

Even more Hmmm is that Bobby Whitlock's wife is CoCo Carmel, fka Kim Carmel/Kim Carmel-Bramlett (Delaney's second wife; Bekka's former step-mum).

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 03-04-2014 at 02:39 AM..
Old 03-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
http://Carl Wiser (Songfacts): <div ...obby_whitlock/

Carl Wiser (Songfacts): How did you end up in Derek and the Dominos?

Bobby Whitlock: I was with Delaney And Bonnie and them. I was the last one to leave that organization. Everybody else did (Joe Cocker's album) Mad Dogs & Englishmen. I stayed with them and helped them do a couple more albums. Then the pressure got to be too much and Steve Cropper suggested I go see Eric and see what he's doing. He actually bought my ticket to England. I called Eric and said, "Hey, what are you up to," and he said, "I'm just getting my hair cut." I said, "I need to get out of here, is it all right if I come visit?" He said, "Sure, come on over," so I was over there 2 days later. I was just hanging with him, we got around to picking and singing, and the next thing I know, we decided to put a group together. He and I were writing, it just happened real natural for us because we already had a friendship developed through the Delaney And Bonnie thing. He went on the road with us. We already had a friendship going, so us sitting around writing, playing and singing was not uncommon. I was staying at his country house at Heartwood Edge in Surrey. I knew George Harrison. George went out for a couple of dates with us when we were on tour with Eric. George, Paul and them had broken up. I was friends with George when all this was happening. He was playing me the songs he wanted to do on his record. Eric's ex-wife, I used to go with her sister, so that's another way I was hooked up with George. I spent a lot of time out there at Friar Park. George plays me all this stuff. He wanted to do his first record after The Beatles - he never got to do his own stuff, just one song on each album. He wanted to know what Eric and I thought about putting a band together for his album. Eric and I were already talking about it, and we had already talked about having Jim Keltner come over and be in our band. Keltner was the original drummer, and Carl Radle. They were out on tour, they were still doing Mad Dogs. It turns out Jim Gordon and Carl come storming in from the Mad Dogs & Englishmen thing. We started right in on the session. I made a call, I called Carl Radle and Jim Keltner. Keltner was on the road with Gabor Szabo, and Carl Radle was on the road with Leon and them. I talked to Keltner, and Keltner was going to come over when he got finished, but Jim Gordon got finished with that Mad Dogs thing and he stormed right on over and was in on it right away. The availability was there for a drummer, and Jim Gordon seized the moment. Keltner said Jim Gordon's been taking some pretty important gigs from him in Derek And The Dominoes and All Things Must Pass. He was there and the need was immediate, so he filled the slot. The Dominoes were formed during the recording of All Things Must Pass. Carl and Jim wound up coming out to Eric's at Heartwood Edge and we stayed out there and rehearsed. That got to be too much, so we got the Domino flat in town on 33 Turlough Street. We got out of Eric's place and the 3 of us were in downtown London raising all manner of hell and unrest.

Well, hmmm...

Even more Hmmm is that Bobby Whitlock's wife is CoCo Carmel, fka Kim Carmel/Kim Carmel-Bramlett (Delaney's second wife; Bekka's former step-mum).
And Fritz opened for Leon Russell and Jim Keltner played drums on the "Buckingham/Nicks" record, Mick Fleetwood was George Harrison's brother in law, Stevie knew George and has said she wanted to be in Eric's band...Did Bobby also date one of the Boyd sisters?
Old 03-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And Fritz opened for Leon Russell and Jim Keltner played drums on the "Buckingham/Nicks" record, Mick Fleetwood was George Harrison's brother in law, Stevie knew George and has said she wanted to be in Eric's band...Did Bobby also date one of the Boyd sisters?
Unless there's a third sister, it appears that he dated Jenny Boyd.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Unless there's a third sister, it appears that he dated Jenny Boyd.
There is a third sister, Paula, and after reading this I think it's about her, not Jenny: http://patriciaannboyd.webs.com/paulaboyd.htm

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/

Last edited by Sanne2; 03-04-2014 at 04:10 PM..
Old 03-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
There is a third sister, Paula, and after reading this I think it's about her, not Jenny: http://patriciaannboyd.webs.com/paulaboyd.htm
It may well have been Paula...Both Pattie & Jenny were married during the early 70's...
Old 03-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[So, this organizer doesn't want FM at Ottawa's Bluefest. How dare he! Them's fighting words.]

The Ottawa Citizen by Peter Robb, March 8, 2014

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/story_p...tml?id=9594337

At 51, Monahan knows he can’t hang his hat on the past. The big question is how to keep Bluesfest relevant after 20 years.

“Look at the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac; to me their run is pretty much done. People who wanted to see them, have seen them.

“For me, to see someone like David Bowie, that’s exciting. The mystique of the guy makes him interesting.”

That’s Monahan, stirring the pot one more time.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[So, this organizer doesn't want FM at Ottawa's Bluefest. How dare he! Them's fighting words.]

The Ottawa Citizen by Peter Robb, March 8, 2014

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/story_p...tml?id=9594337

At 51, Monahan knows he can’t hang his hat on the past. The big question is how to keep Bluesfest relevant after 20 years.

“Look at the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac; to me their run is pretty much done. People who wanted to see them, have seen them.

“For me, to see someone like David Bowie, that’s exciting. The mystique of the guy makes him interesting.”

That’s Monahan, stirring the pot one more time.
interesting. wonder whether that's the same guy who hired Lindsey Buckingham solo to headline Ottawa folkfest 2 years ago. if so, he must be considering LB solo relevant, unlike FM.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-16-2014, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[I don't have a dog, but I think it would be even cuter to have one of these dog bowls signed by FM than it would be to have a guitar or musical item signed by them]

Winnepeg Free Press

WHS celebrity dog bowl auction features big name autographs

Posted: 03/14/2014 1:29 PM | Comments: 2
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...250364541.html

Does your dog howl every time he hears Neil Young? Or is Carrie Underwood more of your pooch’s thing?

The Winnipeg Humane Society launched its first Celebrity Dog Bowl Auction today. Visitors to its website, winnipeghumanesociety.ca can bid on 20 autographed bowls signed by the likes of Young, Underwood, Rihanna, Fleetwood Mac, Joan Rivers, George Takei or even the dog whisperer, Cesar Millan.

Funds raised from the auction will go to the Humane Society. Those interested have until March 23 to submit their bids.

"This is a huge gesture, as it helps raise awareness and much-needed funds for the thousands of animals that come through our doors," said Bill McDonald, the Humane Society’s CEO.

The bowls were donated and decorated by Winnipeg’s Brush Fire Ceramic Studio.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BB King, Lucille and Friends

http://www.gratismusica.org/descarga...ografiafsulbs/

BB King - 1995 Lucille And Friends
01 When Love Comes To Town [with U2]
02 Playin’ With My Friends [with Robert Cray]
03 To Know You Is To Love You [with Stevie Wonder]
04 Caught A Touch Of Your Love [with Grover Washington Jr.]
05 All You Ever Give Me Is The Blues [with Vernon Reid]
06 You Shook Me [with John Lee Hooker]
07 Spirit In The Dark [with Diane Schuur]
08 Can’t Get Enough [with Mick Fleetwood_Stevie Nicks]
09 Since I Met You Baby [with Gary Moore]
10 BB’s Blues [with Branford Marsalis]
11 Better Not Look Down [with The Crusaders]
12 Frosty [with Albert Collins]
13 Hummingbird [with Leon Russell_Joe Walsh]
14 Ghetto Woman [with Ringo Starr]
15 Let The Goodtimes Roll [with Bobby 'Blue' Bland]
Old 03-22-2014, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"The Chain remix"

https://soundcloud.com/scottmelker/t...ct-the-2-chain

Just randomly found this on soundcloud

Also a "nightmare & cat" Rhiannon cover...https://soundcloud.com/martinimoment/rhiannon-new-mix
Old 03-22-2014, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

"The Chain remix"

https://soundcloud.com/scottmelker/t...ct-the-2-chain

Just randomly found this on soundcloud

Also a "nightmare & cat" Rhiannon cover...https://soundcloud.com/martinimoment/rhiannon-new-mix
WOW...I love this it's hilarious.

I can picture Mick with everything, but the gun in his hand. Also, Stevie may have worn thigh highs under some of her dresses, and she had to take a shot before going out on stage each night, so all and all it seems like a pretty accurate interpretation of the original picture to me.