User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Celebrity Sightings, Us Magazine, October 8, 2014

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...-in-la-2014810

--The Real Housewives of New York City's Carole Radziwill and Luann de Lesseps catching up at Fleetwood Mac's On With The Show tour at Madison Square Garden in NYC.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Buck County Courier Times by Patrick Berkery, 10/9/2014

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.c...541e7eeda.html

Fleetwood Mac – Wells Fargo Center, Oct. 15

Though it featured four-fifths of the “classic” lineup, the Fleetwood Mac that toured and recorded sporadically beginning in 2003 was really Fleetwood Mac in name only.

Minus singer/keyboardist Christine McVie’s graceful and hopeful songs, there was no balance between Stevie Nicks’ ethereal witchiness and Lindsey Buckingham’s tightly-coiled intensity.

Back with the band after a 16-year absence for this “On With the Show” reunion tour, McVie has been the star of the early shows, grabbing the spotlight with her songs like “Little Lies” and “You Make Loving Fun.” Though the absence of “Hold Me” from the show so far is a borderline-criminal omission.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[from an article on Leonard Cohen] By Garry Brown | Special to The Republican on October 19, 2014

http://www.masslive.com/living/index...keepin_on.html

Why should that master of the jazz world have to retire from what he loved to do – writing and playing music? Instead, he continued to lead his orchestra until he passed away at the age of 75.

By the way, to answer my own question – Leonard Cohen celebrated his 80th birthday on Sept. 21. He was still touring as recently as 2013.

Some time later, as I had morning coffee with my edition of The Republican, a Page 2 headline grabbed me. It said, “Fleetwood Mac’s ‘dream girl’ is back.”

Wow. Seventeen years after Christine McVie “retired” from the band, there she was on stage at Madison Square Garden, back at her keyboard. With her return, a band that had formed 40-something years ago had its five key members together again as she teamed with Mick Fleetwood on drums, Lindsey Buckingham on guitar, John McVie on bass and Stevie Nicks, doing her dreamy vocals. They rocked the house for two-and-a-half hours.

You want to talk about old age? Well, Christine McVie at 71 qualifies as Fleetwood Mac’s “senior citizen.” The other four band members are well into their 60s, but they still can deliver such great hits as “Don’t Stop.”
Old 10-20-2014, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now's your chance to own one of the yearbooks from when Lindsey was in 9Th grade...Hurry Hurry Hurry!!! The auction is almost over...Bucky's yearbook

It didn't sell so it's been re-listed at a higher price Buckys yearbook Must be some kind of Georgia backwoods reverse marketing strategy...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 10-21-2014 at 10:40 AM..
Old 10-21-2014, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I want those eyeglasses.

Michele
Old 11-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Rude because they wouldn't sit still or were they inconsiderate in other ways too]

[Interview with Annie Leibovitz Govinda Gallery 5/14/2012]

http://www.govindagallery.com/2012/0...llery-in-1984/

A.L.: Yes, but being in business long enough, you realize that just because you dislike someone, it’s no reason to take a bad picture. You can show dislike. Actually, I didn’t really like Rodney Dangerfield’s personality, but that picture was a turning point for me because I was able to express my dislike with a crying baby. I learned something from Richard Avedon. He did a shooting with Fleetwood Mac for the cover of Rolling Stone and he had said it was the worst session he had ever had in his life, they were the rudest people, they wouldn’t sit long enough. Then I saw the picture, and it was a great picture. I learned there was no reason not to get a great picture, you’re a professional. I find that professionalism leaves more room for creativity. The more disciplined I am with my working relationships, the more productive I can become. -

See more at: http://www.govindagallery.com/2012/0....kpOUcDJj.dpuf
Old 11-05-2014, 06:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Interview with director Russell Mulcahy about the "Gypsy" video:

The big-budget video features a shot of the band's Stevie Nicks dancing on the edge of a cliff, created using a matte painting. A matte painting is where an artist paints a background on glass, and then the camera films action through the glass, creating the illusion that the actors are part of the painted background.
However, Mulcahy says "someone forgot to bring the piece of glass" for the shoot, which he recalls took place at the former A&M Studios (now the Henson Soundstage) in Hollywood. "So … someone took a window pane out of a makeup room and we painted on that, and put the window back, with the painting still on it. I'm not sure whether the paint is still on it [today]. But if it is, I should get it onto eBay."
http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...classic-videos

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 11-18-2014, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[excerpt from article on Bill O'Reilly]

Huffington Post, November 18, 2014 by Jackson Connor

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...media&ir=Media

During an interview Monday to promote O'Reilly's new book, Killing Patton, Le Batard started the Fox News anchor off with a few softball questions. They covered O'Reilly's days as a pitcher, growing up with Billy Joel on Long Island (really), what kind of music gets him to dance (Fleetwood Mac, if you were wondering). But when Le Batard asked O'Reilly what moments in his career bring him "shame" or cause him "unrest," O’Reilly had a minor meltdown.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at BJ's the other day and found a book called Rock-Chronicles.

It has FM in it.About two pages similar to the AC/DC pages in attachment.

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Chronicle.../dp/1770851178
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 81ue5SzVceLIIOI5O.jpg (72.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg rock chronicles.jpg (17.9 KB, 2 views)

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 11-19-2014 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: Add attachment
Old 11-20-2014, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I was at BJ's the other day and found a book called Rock-Chronicles.

It has FM in it.About two pages similar to the AC/DC pages in attachment.

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Chronicle.../dp/1770851178
Oops My error.The book has 4 pages of FM.The second two have mostly photos.I read some of it but most of the stuff is old news to us.It looks like it end the updates as of 2012 so Christine's return did not make the book.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-21-2014, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Winnipeg Sun, November 21, 2014

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/11/2...-30th-birthday

30 fascinating facts for Scarlett Johansson's 30th birthday

When out with her friends for a night of karaoke, her go-to favourites are Fleetwood Mac's "Second Hand News," "Dreams," and "Landslide." (L. Gallo/WENN.COM)
Old 11-30-2014, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Guardian, November 28, 2014 by Sean Michaels

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...tage-copyright

Eagles members sue 'bootlegger' for allegedly screening unlicensed footage

William Shelley, who apparently held ticketed screenings of films featuring the Eagles, Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac and Pink Floyd, is accused of violating copyright

Members of the Eagles are suing a man who has spent years showing rare bootlegs of some of the world’s most famous musical artists. William Shelley, who has held public events screening unreleased footage by acts like the Eagles, the Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac and Pink Floyd, is accused of violating copyright and breaking US anti-bootlegging laws.

Don Henley and Glenn Frey filed their lawsuit in Brooklyn federal court, seeking unspecified damages from Shelley and his company, Shelley Archives. They allege the Long Island resident used his collection of films to falsely “bolster his reputation as a purported music industry ‘insider’ with close connections and ties to many classic rock greats,” the New York Daily News reported, and accused him of becoming rich from the unauthorised use of their work.

According to their official bio, the Shelley Archives owns more than 100,000 reels of 35mm and 16mm films, amounting to more than 10,000 hours of rare concerts, television shows, promos, interviews, outtakes and home movies. “Preservation of films and music clips is the main focus of the organization,” they said. Shelley himself began shooting concert films in the 1970s, filming acts such as Twisted Sister and Joan Jett. He claims to have befriended members of Public Enemy during their early days as Spectrum City, earning the nickname Dollar Bill.

More recently, Shelley has presented events like Fleetwood Mac: Rare Performances 1960s-1980s and The Rolling Stones 1964-1975: The Brian Jones and Mick Taylor Years. These ticketed screenings usually combined unreleased music footage with Shelley-hosted question and answer sessions.

Lawyers for Henley and Frey say they sent Shelley a cease-and-desist order regarding an October screening where unlicensed Eagles footage was allegedly shown to a Connecticut crowd. Shelley purportedly “refused” the musicians’ demands, prompting the federal lawsuit. They are now asking the court to seize Shelley’s entire film archive.

Henley and the Eagles are notoriously litigious when it comes to their music copyrights. In the past five years, Henley has sued or threatened to sue Frank Ocean, Okkervil River and a Republican candidate for the US Senate over their unauthorised use of his songs. “They don’t understand the law,” Henley told Sydney’s Daily Telegraph.

The Eagles have sold more than 150m albums worldwide, making them one of the richest musical acts of all time.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How to Date Someone with Totally Different Music Taste Than You

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/how-to-d...c-taste-to-you

The Noisey Guide To...

By Emma Garland

[excerpt]

Instead of all those things, be more like, “Hey, I’d quite like you to borrow Tango In The Night because it has your favorite Fleetwood Mac song on and I think you’d enjoy the rest of it,” or “Oh, you’ve not heard Gorky's Zygotic Mynci? Let me show you this one accessible track you might like but no biggie if not.” Instead of being all like, “The Story So Far are ****, The Descendents invented pop-punk. Here is every single one of their albums. Come back when you’ve learned something” unless you want to be dumped faster than a box of snakes on a fire.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[From an article talking about searching for Q hosts, now that Ghomeshi has been deposed]

Guelph Mercury by Joel Rubinoff , December 6, 2014

http://www.guelphmercury.com/whatson...-of-the-game-/

The tricky thing, pundits agree, will be finding someone who can embrace the wide diversity of "Q's" mandate: everything from Mick Fleetwood yammering on about the glory days of Fleetwood Mac to StoryCorps' David Isay explaining his quest to collect the wisdom of humanity to architect Daniel Libeskind expounding on the World Trade Center redevelopment.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[FM 2nd best musical moment of 2014]

Gay Times (UK)

http://www.gaytimes.co.uk/Interact/B...&sectionid=760

Dolly Parton sparkles on top

Our Dolly’s still got it…

The sparkling, pint-sized, country queen Dolly Parton was voted your favourite pop music moment of 2014. Beating the likes of bright young things Taylor Swift and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, Parton’s terrifically camp performance at this year’s Glastonbury festival has come out on top.

Parton’s set on the Pyramid stage which involved a shed load of rhinestones, multiple cans of hairspray and a whole lot of “can I get an amen?” simply whipped us into a frenzy. We couldn’t get 9 to 5 out of our heads for days...

The poll, commissioned by blinkbox Music, also reveals the legendary Fleetwood Mac’s reunion was voted the second best musical moment. Sam Smith’s emotional rendition of Stay With Me at the MTV Video Music Awards wins third place, and Kate Bush’s comeback gigs at the O2 Shepherd’s Bush Empire lands her the fourth spot on the poll.