Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
My pleasure! Anything I can do to help sort this mess out!!
Can you get the four of them to record, and tour now? lol
Old 09-28-2016, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Can you get the four of them to record, and tour now? lol
I'll be talking to Christine this weekend, I'll see what I can do!
Old 09-28-2016, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Notice she doesn't mention her contract or the record label at all. She says she made it to fill up free time. The free time that happened to coincide with her band mates recording new material for 2 months. She couldn't even stop in for like a week.
I thought she HATED staying in the studio for months doiing all those over dubs. She did it with In your Dreams (1 year and 2 months according to her) and she LOVED IT! Stop with all your lies Stevie! It's tiring.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I thought she HATED staying in the studio for months doiing all those over dubs. She did it with In your Dreams (1 year and 2 months according to her) and she LOVED IT! Stop with all your lies Stevie! It's tiring.
You know how I can tell Stevie is lying?

Her lips are moving.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
She also talked about how awful recording Say You Will was, and how displeased she was with her songs. Yet who did she call for her next solo album, then brag about his talents? Lindsey Buckingham. It's all just a power play for her.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
She also talked about how awful recording Say You Will was, and how displeased she was with her songs. Yet who did she call for her next solo album, then brag about his talents? Lindsey Buckingham. It's all just a power play for her.
A lot of people thought that was because they were in love... she knew that having him on there was a good choice artistically and .. IT SELLS!

People love to ship them and she knows it. And finally, she's the BOSS for her own stuff. She would love to be in charge with him in the studio.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 09-29-2016 at 08:06 AM..
Old 09-29-2016, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes! i think you hit the nail on the head.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-29-2016, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I could be wrong, but I think she's referring to hating the process when she ends up doing a lot of arguing with the producer. From what I know, that didn't happen with Dave Stewart, which is why she didn't complain about that ith IYD.

Jamie
Old 09-29-2016, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She called on him for one song, not the entire record.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
She called on him for one song, not the entire record.
Yes, but if she hated what he did with her music, and if working with him in the studio was so grievous, why would she chose to include him in the refuge that is her solo career?
Old 09-29-2016, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, but if she hated what he did with her music, and if working with him in the studio was so grievous, why would she chose to include him in the refuge that is her solo career?
Maybe it's one of those situations with dealing with someone you don't get along with for a couple weeks is tolerable, but doing it for an entire year might be too much?
Old 09-29-2016, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Maybe it's one of those situations with dealing with someone you don't get along with for a couple weeks is tolerable, but doing it for an entire year might be too much?
It's as simple as this...It was Stevie's song recorded in Stevie's house (literally) so if at any time she wanted him gone all she had to do was say the word and bye-bye Lindsey...Now if he were to work with Stevie the same way within the frame work of FM great things could happen but as we all know "Overdub" always has to have Stevie's song HIS way and that's the problem...
Old 09-29-2016, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She still can't forgive him for lecturing her on rules of "good writing" when he was picking apart her lyrics to "Throw Down" in the Destiny Rules doc.

I mean, would he tell such things to Bob Dylan? Holy blonde-on-blonde vs. sable-on-blonde batman, he would not...
Old 09-29-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
She still can't forgive him for lecturing her on rules of "good writing" when he was picking apart her lyrics to "Throw Down" in the Destiny Rules doc.

I mean, would he tell such things to Bob Dylan? Holy blonde-on-blonde vs. sable-on-blonde batman, he would not...
I know, nothing ever changes, you know it doesn't. I mean nothing every changes oh you know it doesn't.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

That's likely just one of MANY such instances.