User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-27-2016, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Thanks for the info. I will check out that broker if I have to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You can wait.. if the shows don't sell a lot of tickets they get released and a flood of good seats sometimes show up last min.
even when shows sell, some seats are not originally offered and get dropped closer to the date. i bought most of my FM tickets for the last tour that way.

Jamie is happy about Stevie's solo tour, and you and i are ecstatic about the prospect of the album and this 4/5 tour. we are not the bitter ones. but there are some (not all by any means!) SN fans that are inexplicably bitter, and trying their hardest to put down various FM members. come on people, other than BN fans for whom i could understand if they are not exactly ecstatic, the rest of us are getting some incredible gifts from the band members we love!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-27-2016, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if there are any fans here, that if they were able to rub a magic lamp and have an emerging genie grant them 3 wishes, if one of their wishes would to be that Stevie and Lindsey never met....
Old 09-27-2016, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder if there are any fans here, that if they were able to rub a magic lamp and have an emerging genie grant them 3 wishes, if one of their wishes would to be that Stevie and Lindsey never met....
At times....
Old 09-27-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
As much as shippers annoy the crap out of me. Mainly because it's just really creepy. I'm glad they met. I love their story. They play the love card too much. The lyrics are getting a bit overstated. But I think other stories branched out and made the full story of FMAC amazing. FMAC put their story on the map. And in a way, they put FMAC back on the map.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
As much as shippers annoy the crap out of me. Mainly because it's just really creepy. I'm glad they met. I love their story. They play the love card too much. The lyrics are getting a bit overstated. But I think other stories branched out and made the full story of FMAC amazing. FMAC put their story on the map. And in a way, they put FMAC back on the map.
yes!

i'm grateful for the history which brought us this band and all its reincarnations and put Lindsey Buckingham on my radar.

but also, it's time to stop dwelling on the past and focus on new chapters by the band members who are ready to do that! what they are planning to do in the next year is different, new and exciting! and completely unexpected judging by their history. hope it really happens!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-28-2016, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She recorded a record and instead of touring for it, she toured with Fleetwood Mac. She said she wanted to tour for 24 Karat. Let her tour and then go to the studio. What is wrong with that?
Old 09-28-2016, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
She recorded a record and instead of touring for it, she toured with Fleetwood Mac. She said she wanted to tour for 24 Karat. Let her tour and then go to the studio. What is wrong with that?
they waited on her since 2009, that's wrong. there's always another excuse.

what was she doing for the first 8 months of this year? Chris was in LA for like 2 months ready to work on that album, Stevie was in LA at the time as was the rest of the band members (they all did that Dodgers gig), so what was wrong with that timing? why didn't she want to work with the band then?

they can put out what they have as 4, and then she can join when she's ready and they can put out another album as 5. how great would that be??

Old 09-28-2016, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
But why did she need to do that? If she was such a prolific songwriter, surely she would have an abundance of songs available to work from and mix with "songs from the vault" as she normally does?
Well, this is what Stevie said as to why she did 24KG:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...rat-gold-album

Why old songs instead of new ones?

This album was made very fast. When [John McVie] got cancer, we had to cancel our tour of Australia. I had some free time, and I thought, "Maybe I should make a record." All over the Internet, there are songs I wrote but never released, and people keep saying, "Why don't you record these songs for real?" I'd never had time to do that. Now I had an empty, precious three months.

My previous album, In Your Dreams, took a year and two months. So I called [In Your Dreams producer] Dave Stewart and said, "How do we make a record in two months?" And he said, "We go to Nashville." He told me, "In Nashville, you hire the best studio musicians, and they record two songs a day. On a really good day, they might even do three." I was laughing, because I didn't believe him. But we were there for three weeks, and we recorded 17 songs in 15 days.

Quote:
The 2 Tom Petty inspired songs that we know about from the TISL sessions were written in 1995 - 6 years before the album was released. They were already old. Also, the best songs on the album were vault songs, with the exception of "Fall From Grace".

My Tom Petty reference was in relation to Tom telling Stevie she doesn't need him to help her write songs, she's capable of doing it herself. This was '94 I believe, so it did inspire her to write some good songs between '95 and '01, eventually leading to TISL. It wasn't necessarily about a song or two in particular, but motivation to start writing again.

Last edited by jwd; 09-28-2016 at 06:40 PM..
Old 09-28-2016, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
[b]This album was made very fast. When [John McVie] got cancer, we had to cancel our tour of Australia. I had some free time, and I thought, "Maybe I should make a record." All over the Internet, there are songs I wrote but never released, and people keep saying, "Why don't you record these songs for real?" I'd never had time to do that. Now I had an empty, precious three months.
see? she says herself she HAD TIME.

yet you are arguing she couldn't contribute to Mac album becuase sshe didn't have time.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

yet you are arguing she couldn't contribute to Mac album becuase sshe didn't have time.

She's had so many excuses. she's so lame about it, now. There was the one article that said she was tired and hadn't been to her trailer house in Malibu that she'd bought.

Everything that comes out of her mouth is PR crap.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, this is what Stevie said as to why she did 24KG:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...rat-gold-album

Why old songs instead of new ones?

This album was made very fast. When [John McVie] got cancer, we had to cancel our tour of Australia. I had some free time, and I thought, "Maybe I should make a record." All over the Internet, there are songs I wrote but never released, and people keep saying, "Why don't you record these songs for real?" I'd never had time to do that. Now I had an empty, precious three months.

My previous album, In Your Dreams, took a year and two months. So I called [In Your Dreams producer] Dave Stewart and said, "How do we make a record in two months?" And he said, "We go to Nashville." He told me, "In Nashville, you hire the best studio musicians, and they record two songs a day. On a really good day, they might even do three." I was laughing, because I didn't believe him. But we were there for three weeks, and we recorded 17 songs in 15 days.

Notice she doesn't mention her contract or the record label at all. She says she made it to fill up free time. The free time that happened to coincide with her band mates recording new material for 2 months. She couldn't even stop in for like a week.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That is a trip. Some of us might then be different too. Interesting.

Last edited by Nathan; 09-28-2016 at 08:51 PM..
Old 09-28-2016, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm taking that as a general you because I never made that argument.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm taking that as a general you because I never made that argument.
good clarification, yes.

and thank you for putting up her quote which wipes out that argument.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
good clarification, yes.

and thank you for putting up her quote which wipes out that argument.
My pleasure! Anything I can do to help sort this mess out!!