User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2016, 06:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm glad you explained the meaning of 'sans'.
Jesus H Christ. I already worried about putting the meaning of 'sans' next to it. Now multiple Ledgies feel the need to berate me for it and my views on Stevie situation. Typical. Totally predictable, guys!
Old 10-16-2016, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Jesus H Christ. I already worried about putting the meaning of 'sans' next to it. Now multiple Ledgies feel the need to berate me for it and my views on Stevie situation. Typical. Totally predictable, guys!
Sorry, I seem to have woken up grumpy this morning.
However, there are so many threads in which this topic is discussed at great length- I don't get the need for yet another thread in which everyone goes round and round over the same arguments yet again.
...but yes, pointing out the meaning of a term does come across as a bit daft. You might as well have written 'without' in the first place if you feel the need to explain to people what sans means- it would have saved you time. Sorry to be nit-picky.

Last edited by FuzzyPlum; 10-16-2016 at 08:44 AM..
Old 10-16-2016, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Basically, if you are in a band, you do what the majority rules. Stevie is doing her own thing. She appears to only want to tour with the Mac. We've seen them on a million tours. If there is a chance for new music, that is very exciting. I think if all you want to do is tour, then you are just an oldies act.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-16-2016, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Because she isn't that great!
Old 10-16-2016, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
Because she isn't that great!
This makes no sense to me, but what do I know? When I think something isn't "that great", I feel absolutely no hate, I simply ignore it.
Maybe the reason some ledgies hate Stevie is that even though she isn't "that great", FM still hasn't been able to release music without her.

In my opinion, Stevie is obviously wonderful though.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Know what?

The threads IS ASKING why there seems to be a lot of Stevie hate these days.

So if you feel like taking offense that people are responding, with answers to the question!!!, maybe you should'nt read the thread.

Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies...

I personally am sort of amazed at the way she is perceived here, now. A decade ago, it seemed like 98% of Ledgies worshiped her. Clearly, that is no longer the case. THANK GOD.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

Not so much hate but distain for her at this point in her career.

The unthinkable occurred - Christine is back. Why would Stevie hold out? The band doesn't have much time left for all 5. IMO, Stevie and Lindsey should hold their solo careers until the band is no longer a unit. Use this time to release and album and tour while they still can.

While I'm a huge Lindsey fan and this may sound biased (because it is), I'm kind of glad that this has finally come full circle. Steve's diva nature has never been an attractive point for me although it allowed for her to flourish in her heyday. Lindsey, on the other hand, is finally being respected. During his heyday, he always seemed to be second place and fighting for respect.

I truly hope that Steve comes around and contributes in a very positive way - not in a SYW sort of way (Hey Lindsey, that goes for you too) - where she comes to the studio with songs for the BAND. The distain will subside if she comes back to contribute.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Know what?

The threads IS ASKING why there seems to be a lot of Stevie hate these days.

So if you feel like taking offense that people are responding, with answers to the question!!!, maybe you should'nt read the thread.

Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies...

I personally am sort of amazed at the way she is perceived here, now. A decade ago, it seemed like 98% of Ledgies worshiped her. Clearly, that is no longer the case. THANK GOD.
I still worship her.