Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2015, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Question Joe Walsh, Prince, and Kentucky Fried Chicken

In the summer of 1990 I was listening to Joe Walsh on Rockline. A caller phoned in and asked Joe about the Prince video premiere party in the 1980s with Stevie Nicks called the "Kentucky Fried Chicken incident." This caller must have heard some sort of urban legend about this. Joe finally caved and explained that he and Stevie were at some Prince world premier video party together. The video was going to come on the TV but there was a commercial first and it was Kentucky Fried Chicken. Joe was specific and said it was the commercial from the 80's where cub scouts come marching into someone's house all holding these buckets of Kentucky Fried Chicken. According to Joe, Stevie thought this Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial was the Prince video. Afterwards when she was told it was not the video they all died of laughter.

Strange story I know. I would love to know how the caller knew of such an incident. I thought it was a bit crazy for Joe to speak of Stevie in such a strange way because you would have to be out of your mind to think a Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial was a Prince video. But in 1990 Joe Walsh was a the peak of his demons and I guess his judgment was too great to release such intimate details about Stevie.

The story (if true) really made me realize how crazy Stevie was in the 1980's

Has anyone ever heard of this incident or story? More details?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-29-2015 at 11:24 AM..