Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2024, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New biography out in November

Songbird, the biography of Christine McVie, will be released in bookstores and online in November.

Nice to have a confirmed release date.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll bet 80% of us will already know 95% of the facts presented.
Old 05-09-2024, 05:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'll bet 80% of us will already know 95% of the facts presented.

Yes, that’s what I was thinking…..How about releasing a nice box set of music to along with it?
Old 05-09-2024, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

More specific info- Songbird: An Intimate Biography of Christine McVie by Lesley Ann Jones will be released on November 19, 2024. Told by an author who herself was friends with Christine, and with new contributions from those who knew her best, Songbird offers a true insider’s view, etc etc.

I agree, fans won’t be too surprised by anything here, but hopefully there will be some fun anecdotes about Christine we haven’t heard before, not to mention praises by her peers and newer stars who grew up listening to her music.

I know it will never happen, but a newly rereleased dvd/blu-ray of her 1984 concert and MTV Special would be a wonderful tie in with the release of this book. Of course, that should have been included on the rerelease of her two solo albums last year, but it’s wishful thinking, I know.

One thing I really would like to learn more about is how the sessions went when FM recorded Love Shines and Heart of Stone. Did Christine enjoy working with producer Patrick Leonard? Did he produce any other songs that might be in a vault somewhere? Did she enjoy working as a foursome in FM, even for that brief period? I suspect there will be very little, if anything, written about that brief time, though.
Old 05-09-2024, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Biographies of people that are no longer with us are difficult. If she truly was a friend she's not going to spill dark secrets. It will be mostly what everyone knows and much of a fluff book.
I loved Chris so I would not want anything done without her permission or to embarrass anyone. Could you imagine if her wine glasses could talk.
What if she truly hated Stevie. What if she had an affair with Lindsey. What if she used the album Rock A Little as a coaster for her wine glasses. Now that's some juicy stuff.
Old 05-09-2024, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah, this is the one that was originally going to be titled Perfect. I’m more optimistic about it with this change - don’t think Christine would have liked the previous title very much.
Old 05-10-2024, 04:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
What if she truly hated Stevie. What if she had an affair with Lindsey. What if she used the album Rock A Little as a coaster for her wine glasses. Now that's some juicy stuff.
I don't think she truly hated her. Probably she was angry with her sometimes, as we all have been with a friend in some moment.

I'm not planning to buy the book but if I learn there is stuff like that, I guess it would be a book of gossip and inventions mixed with some true episodes.
Old 05-10-2024, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I don't think she truly hated her. Probably she was angry with her sometimes, as we all have been with a friend in some moment.

I'm not planning to buy the book but if I learn there is stuff like that, I guess it would be a book of gossip and inventions mixed with some true episodes.
I was being poetic

Don't ruin my shtick.

Get your nose back in that book
Old 05-10-2024, 09:11 AM

Quote:

You should buy 2 of them!
Old 05-10-2024, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh now! You're the KING of referencing books. You should buy it just so you can constantly refer to it here, driving us all batty.
Old 05-11-2024, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Oh now! You're the KING of referencing books. You should buy it just so you can constantly refer to it here, driving us all batty.
I liked Mick and Ken (Rumours) books. Unfortunately I lost the Ken book (I miss it).

I also read Carol Ann's, but though there are cool episodes there, I felt it was very seasoned with gossip and bitterness. I got rid of that book a long time ago.
Old 05-11-2024, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I was being poetic

Don't ruin my shtick.
Oh well. When it comes to you, we never know!
Old 05-11-2024, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I liked Mick and Ken (Rumours) books. Unfortunately I lost the Ken book (I miss it).

I also read Carol Ann's, but though there are cool episodes there, I felt it was very seasoned with gossip and bitterness. I got rid of that book a long time ago.
I never bought Ken's.

I love Carol Ann's!
Old 05-12-2024, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have read Ken's first book and I thought parts of it were good but I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to the technical aspects of recording so when he talked about those things it went over my head.

I did Carol's book and while I didn't hate it I didn't like it. To me Carol comes off like a bitter woman who is so desperate to make a name for herself and she really tries to act like she was a major player in Fleetwood Mac's saga when all she was the now ex GF of Lindsey's.

I also have a hard time with the fact that she says she was abused by him but never went to the police but then goes on Geraldo where she is paid to tell her story, befriends his next GF Cheri, writes this book, gives interviews etc. It's like she secretly took pleasure in his failed relationships but once he got married and had children, she became very bitter and resentful that she never got that with him.

Why wait 25 years to write a book. To me the best time to have put out a book and get allot of publicity would have been in 87 or 97 when the Band was very successful. I think people in the major media would have been quick to book her on their shows.

Her entire social media presence is devoted to the book. Like in 2017 she used the opening weekend of Coachella to promote her book by trying to tie one into the other. I was even alerted to a social media post where she took a photo of the book strategically placed on a poolside lounge chair.

She's even tried to frame the book as a book on domestic abuse and that people have sent letters to her publisher saying it helped them to heal. I'm sorry but trying to frame a Rock and Roll Tell- All book as some book on domestic violence and how to heal is very dangerous. I would never tell someone who is trying to heal from the trauma of domestic violence to go read this book.

Plus anytime someone criticizes her book Like I did several years ago. she comes after them. The book has several factual errors and or stories that seem highly embellished. When I criticized her book and some of her behavior she threatened to sue me.

She said things to me things Lindsey and I were practically married, I was pregnant with his child, I wrote this book to heal, lots of people don't remember things perfectly etc.

One of the things I had said back then was I have a strong dislike when people like an ex GF, former employee, or sibling etc. writes a nasty tell all book on their famous Partner, Family member, employer etc. It comes across as the writer having an axe to grind as well as them looking for a quick payday off the success of someone more famous then they will ever be.

I remember referring to the Butler of Sinatra's, the College roommate of JFK JR, the guy who alleged he was the other man in JFK JR's Girlfriend's life, Madonna's brother etc. as they all wrote tell all books.
Old 05-12-2024, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
It's like she secretly took pleasure in his failed relationships but once he got married and had children, she became very bitter and resentful that she never got that with him.
Well that sounds just like Stevie, doesn't it? How DARE he find happiness! Bitter old hag club...