Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2023, 04:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Apparently Stevie is working with Dave Stewart on something

https://retropopmagazine.com/dave-st...ing-exclusive/

Dave Stewart might be best known for his work as one-half of Eurythmics with Annie Lennox, but in a decades-spanning career he’s worked with the biggest names in music. From Anastacia, Geri Halliwell and Katy Perry, to Joss Stone, Bryan Ferry and Mick Jagger, his list of collaborators is varied and impressive, and in 2011 he teamed up with Fleetwood Mac frontwoman Stevie Nicks on ‘In Your Dreams’ – her first solo album in a decade.

Three years later, they reconvened to record ‘24 Karat Gold: Songs From The Vault’, and speaking in RETROPOP’s December 2023 edition the musician hinted there’s more to come.

“She has called me about something that I can’t talk about, but it’s interesting,” he teases, before musing on the success of his various collaborations.

“I am very fortunate and very lucky to have worked with all these brilliant people and a lot of them many times, like Stevie and Joss Stone,” adds Dave. “Whoever I’m working with, we tend to have an enjoyable time and things happen in a quick but unique way.

“I think that’s why I have a lot of return visitors.”

Dave’s comments came ahead of his ‘Eurythmics Songbook’ European tour, which saw the Missionary Man hitmaker join forces with Australian singer Vanessa Amorosi, Warrington’s RAHH and his daughter, Kaya Stewart, on vocal duties to perform cuts from the duo’s classic repertoire.

Having an all-female band, led by keyboardist Hannah Koppenburg, is his way of “paying homage to [his] great friend and collaborator”, with Dave insisting of the concerts: “This isn’t just a lot of people bashing out songs.

“I’ve chosen amazing players and amazing visuals for a potted history of Eurythmics songs in all their glory, with harmonies and soloists and myself on guitar.”

In a review of Dave’s show at the London Palladium, RETROPOP praised the vocalists for “playing to their own strengths to bring a contemporary edge to the material while maintaining its authenticity”, writing: “As a tribute to one of the greatest pop duo’s of all time Stewart’s band did a cracking job.”

Last edited by Jondalar; 12-17-2023 at 05:24 AM..