User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2024, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Unfortunately new music would also come with new lyrics.
Old 03-10-2024, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still feel Stevie's going to get an album out before Lindsey will. I really thought Lindsey would have had his album out last year! In October 2022, he said he was going to wrap up an album.
Old 03-12-2024, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
So maybe instead of those songs she does: Touched By An Angel, Rooms On Fire, Blue Denim, and Trouble in Shangri-La.
That will never happen. She's clearly only willing to focus on songs that were either solo or Fleetwood Mac hits. Bella Donna and Wildheart are squeezed in as a medley.

Ironically, the clip I saw of her performing New Orleans (from IYD) last week was probably the least phoned-in performance she's done in a long time.
Old 03-12-2024, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
That will never happen. She's clearly only willing to focus on songs that were either solo or Fleetwood Mac hits. Bella Donna and Wildheart are squeezed in as a medley.

Ironically, the clip I saw of her performing New Orleans (from IYD) last week was probably the least phoned-in performance she's done in a long time.
She only does the song in New Orleans now after doing it for 50 shows on the Songs From The Vault Tour.
Old 03-13-2024, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She only does the song in New Orleans now after doing it for 50 shows on the Songs From The Vault Tour.
I guess that's a nice touch, if you live in New Orleans, or just laziness, if you don't.
Old 03-13-2024, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The possibilities are endless. I’m pulling for a really witchy Rhiannon album with witchy art and witchy songs and witchy liner notes from Stevie and just all-around witchy whatever. Maybe a witchy movie on HBO Max starring the witchiest movie stars you can find, like Eva Green. I want 2025 to be Stevie’s Year of the Witch, and just go all-out hog-wild on the witch theme.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-13-2024, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The possibilities are endless. I’m pulling for a really witchy Rhiannon album with witchy art and witchy songs and witchy liner notes from Stevie and just all-around witchy whatever. Maybe a witchy movie on HBO Max starring the witchiest movie stars you can find, like Eva Green. I want 2025 to be Stevie’s Year of the Witch, and just go all-out hog-wild on the witch theme.
And I'll be crowned the King of Romania.
Old 03-13-2024, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
And I'll be crowned the King of Romania.
Stevie has been saying at the end of her shows that "we'll be back with new songs". Almost two months until her next concert. 2024 will be the great year like 2011 was for Stevie fans.
Old 03-14-2024, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie has been saying at the end of her shows that "we'll be back with new songs". Almost two months until her next concert. 2024 will be the great year like 2011 was for Stevie fans.
$he's as full of $h*t as a Christmas goose.
Old 03-14-2024, 05:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
$he's as full of $h*t as a Christmas goose.
She has let me down a lot as a fan. But since she’s going to be closer to 80 come May, I’m hoping she doesn’t let this never ending jukebox tour become her swan song.

I love The Eagles, perhaps not as much as you, but this Long Goodbye setlist is a slap in the face to the fans. I saw their Hotel California Tour and they played more songs in their post HC album setlist than this current tour. No Love Will Keep Us Alive, Long Run, Those Shoes, or Walk Away. Also they can do Ol’ 55, How Long, Busy Being Fabulous, I Don’t Want To Hear Anymore, and New York Minute! But they brought Steely Dan on tour so they only had to play 20 songs.
Old 03-15-2024, 05:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So maybe instead of those songs she does: Touched By An Angel, Rooms On Fire, Blue Denim, and Trouble in Shangri-La.

Last concert she did Has Anyone Ever was her Crystal Visions Tour in 2008. I Need To Know was last done in 2007 on the first Crystal Visions Tour. In 2010 and 2011, she did You Wreck Me by Petty.
The last time she did Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You live was in 2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXDksufxYMQ
Old 03-15-2024, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
The last time she did Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You live was in 2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXDksufxYMQ
Sorry, yes that's right. I was thinking of concert tours. That 2014 performance was a private event to encourage Emmy consideration for American Horror Story. I think she did Rhiannon at that event too.

It's amazing how she considered the three ballads to close her tours with were Has Anyone, Beauty and the Beast, and Love Is but starting with the Songs From the Vault Tour that changed. She closed with Leather and Lace at the shows I saw, and then in 2022 she closed with Rock and Roll or Rhiannon!
Old 03-15-2024, 06:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry, yes that's right. I was thinking of concert tours. That 2014 performance was a private event to encourage Emmy consideration for American Horror Story. I think she did Rhiannon at that event too.

It's amazing how she considered the three ballads to close her tours with were Has Anyone, Beauty and the Beast, and Love Is but starting with the Songs From the Vault Tour that changed. She closed with Leather and Lace at the shows I saw, and then in 2022 she closed with Rock and Roll or Rhiannon!
I know people on these message boards like to make fun of Stevie's piano playing and they might make fun of me for saying this too, but I wish I could play piano as well as she does in the 2014 Has Anyone clip. I've had lessons and I can play a little bit, but the ideas I come up with for my own songs are more basic than what Stevie's playing here. Maybe it's not that she's good and just that I'm very bad!

Interesting re closing songs. I thought she was still closing with Landslide! If she's not, where in the set does Landslide sit these days? Has she put it back smack bang in the middle of the show like Fleetwood Mac used to do?
Old 03-15-2024, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I know people on these message boards like to make fun of Stevie's piano playing and they might make fun of me for saying this too, but I wish I could play piano as well as she does in the 2014 Has Anyone clip. I've had lessons and I can play a little bit, but the ideas I come up with for my own songs are more basic than what Stevie's playing here. Maybe it's not that she's good and just that I'm very bad!

Interesting re closing songs. I thought she was still closing with Landslide! If she's not, where in the set does Landslide sit these days? Has she put it back smack bang in the middle of the show like Fleetwood Mac used to do?
Oh she is closing with Landslide. I just was talking about how she changed closing songs after the IYD Tour ended in 2012. I think she's closing with Landslide because it's the perfect song to have the video wall of Christine. I think Crystal would be a beautiful song to sing for Christine.

I don't mind Stevie's playing. I wouldn't want to hear her play it in an arena concert though
Old 03-15-2024, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh she is closing with Landslide. I just was talking about how she changed closing songs after the IYD Tour ended in 2012. I think she's closing with Landslide because it's the perfect song to have the video wall of Christine. I think Crystal would be a beautiful song to sing for Christine.

I don't mind Stevie's playing. I wouldn't want to hear her play it in an arena concert though
Crystal is a beautiful song, I agree that it would be appropriate. I love Landslide but not as a closer.

I was trying to think of a Christine song Stevie could sing as a tribute to her former bandmate. I don't think she could pull off Songbird - she could just sing it and her pianist could play the piano accompaniment but I don't think it would feel right.

Maybe she could have a go at singing Why. Any other ideas? I mean if Bonnie Raitt, Sheryl Crow and Mick Fleetwood can get away with doing Songbird, surely it would be okay for Stevie to sing one of Christine's songs?