Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-21-2015, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The tour is over

Now things get interesting. After everyone takes a rest.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:56 AM
dawn_amanda

Bring on the album! Come on Stevie!
Old 11-21-2015, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, the last concert date is 11/22. I hope we hear something regarding the album very soon.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

hip, hip, hoo-bloody-ray!
Old 11-21-2015, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Now its finally over .They can rest.Album or no album .I dont care.Its not worth loosing sleep over it.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 11-21-2015, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Now that the tour is finally over. What are your highlights?
Here is my short list:

* Just seeing and hearing Christine live on stage again is a dream come true. I never thought I would hear Songbird live again. Dreams do come true.

* Best crowd: From the videos I have seen Dublin is the winner. Tampa was awesome on the last night of the first leg too. Several other cities seriously were fans with on their feet the whole night.

*Worst crowd: Lincoln NE. The Mac did an unheard of act in Rock N Roll and kept performing for 2 songs while their drummer almost incapacitated back stage. Those that booed are wrong. Note: I know this was the minority of fans there.

* Best songs: I love they dug into Tusk for I know I'm not wrong, Sara, and Think about me

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-21-2015 at 02:26 PM..
Old 11-21-2015, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favorite part of this tour was all the first shows in America when Christine starts singing You Make Loving Fun and the crowd roars in approval. That moment gives me the chills. I find myself going back and watching these videos often. Especially the ones from the first 2 weeks of the tour. I loved a comment Stevie made early on when she told a reporter that Christine was being 'spoon fed' crowd adoration.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Favorite moment: Hearing "Seven Wonders" live. I never thought this would happen, ever.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Now things get interesting. After everyone takes a rest.
thought there was one more show on sunday.

but appreciate the thought behind the thread - it's time for it!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-21-2015, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And I wonder if there will be a couple more non-corporate shows added before all is said and done, this go round.

Michele
Old 11-21-2015, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

I was always a casual Fleetwood Mac fan, they were just another classic rock band to me. I knew the essential Fleetwood Mac and Rumours songs I heard on the radio. I knew there was two female singers but I only knew about Stevie Nicks. I thought they were in the band at different times because I knew Say You Love Me and You Make Loving Fun was not Stevie Nicks singing.

Sometime in 2009 or 2010 I was in the car with my brother and he had Gypsy on a burned CD and I really liked that song and he told me it was Fleetwood Mac.

Sometime in 2011, I was in the car with a good friend of mine who was a big classic rock/pop buff and Hold Me came on the 80s on 8 station on satellite radio and she said "I love this song." And the satellite radio conveniently puts the song title and artist right on the GPS screen. As Hold Me was playing and I saw that it was Fleetwood Mac, I thought to myself "this is a different sounding song for Fleetwood Mac" because I had only heard Fleetwood Mac and Rumours songs.

I was at my parents house at some point in 2012 and heard Everywhere playing from their sound system in their house. I was unfamiliar with the song but I really liked it. I asked my mom and she said it was Fleetwood Mac. I wanted to hear this song again so I youtubed it and I clicked on The Dance performance of Everywhere and so I kept listening to it and I remembered Gypsy and Hold Me from those other two stories so I youtubed those two and listened to them a lot.

I made a Fleetwood Mac station on my pandora and it played Sara and that was the first time I ever heard that song and it really caught my attention. After that I started listening to all the Rumours era stuff and found that my favorite songs were mostly Christine songs.

By this point it's 2013 and I'm at my parents' house for dinner; my mom is looking at ticketmaster and tells my dad that Fleetwood Mac was going to play here soon and he said he didn't want to go because Christine wasn't with them anymore. I had never really been to a concert before so I didn't really think about going. Christine was also my favorite so I thought "I don't want to see them unless it's all five of them." After a few days I came to the conclusion that I may never get to see them again so I should do it now. I bought tickets and I saw them in 2013 and it was awesome. My seats were 8th row center on the floor, right in front of Stevie.

So I joined the ledge and started following news about the band and stuff. I saw Christine join them in London in September of 2013 and followed the news as it was announced that she was rejoining the band and they were going to tour again. As soon as tickets went on sale I was on ticketmaster and got the same seats 8th row center on the floor. I saw them twice with Christine, the first time was in the fall of 2014 so I got to see Songbird and Seven Wonders. Not only did I find my favorite band in Fleetwood Mac, but they opened my eyes to all the amazing music of that era 60s 70s and 80s. Between 2013 and 2014 I went to see Crosby Stills & Nash, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Hall & Oates, and Steely Dan as well. I somewhat believe in The Secret, for those of you that might know what that is. I definitely agree with Stevie when she said the collective energy of all the die hard Fleetwood Mac fans brought Christine back.

Music has become a sentimental thing for me and it's because of Fleetwood Mac and I'm so glad I got to see them with Christine.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 11-21-2015 at 10:47 PM..
Old 11-21-2015, 03:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

At the meet & greet in Sydney when asked when he was going home, Mick said he was leaving to go to LA on the 7th of December to spend time with his daughters before going back home to Hawaii. He was kinda sad that he wouldn't be with his family for Christmas.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wdm6789, that was a really cool story you told. I like the fact that FM's music introduced you to other classic rock artists.

Last edited by vivfox; 11-22-2015 at 12:12 AM..
Old 11-21-2015, 04:26 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Now that the tour is finally over. What are your highlights?
Here is my short list:

* Just seeing and hearing Christine live on stage again is a dream come true. I never thought I would hear Songbird live again. Dreams do come true.

* Best crowd: From the videos I have seen Dublin is the winner. Tampa was awesome on the last night of the first leg too. Several other cities seriously were fans with on their feet the whole night.

*Worst crowd: Lincoln NE. The Mac did an unheard of act in Rock N Roll and kept performing for 2 songs while their drummer almost incapacitated back stage. Those that booed are wrong. Note: I know this was the minority of fans there.

* Best songs: I love they dug into Tusk for I know I'm not wrong, Sara, and Think about me
Believe me, the Dublin crowd were awesome. It was my first concert seeing them and the fans were so protective of each other, it sounds weird I know. I was the front row but there were these girls that were behind me and these lads tried to jump in front of them. Me and these girls (don't know them at all) had queued for hours so the people around us started giving the lads ****e about trying to skip in front of the girls who had gotten there first. I was so happy to see fans like that, and was even more glad because i knew they loved FM too.

Anyway, the crowd only fell silent (for a while) during Landslide and kept singing every other song. Almost died when stevie, chris and lindsey came near me. I loved the fact that Chris smiled at me, made me feel nice for a while I don't think stevie could see too well and I was worried she would fall off stage when she came near me because all the fans leaped forward to "get a feel" and nearly crushed me in the process. I just froze and then lindsey was blasting a solo from So Afraid when he neared me. I had post concert blues for ages.

I definitely cannot wait to see what happens after the tour. If they go for solo tours I really hope they consider Europe because it's so frustrating for us fans over here. Plus just plane tickets to America are a months wages
Old 11-21-2015, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My highlights of the show was seeing and hearing Chris onstage after the looooong drought of her songs missing from the setlist..Driving through blizzard conditions to get there and home and it was worth it.

Of course seeing the whole band in its flesh was great too.

Let them rest up and we see what is up their sleeves and what direction they go in time. Remember this is FM.

My only gripe is they did not play "Hold Me".

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016