User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Mike Campbell knew what was going on, how Lindsey was being fired and looked the other way. Neil Finn probably found out later and also looked the other way.
They didn’t know what was going on until after it had already happened. If they hadn’t joined, the band would have found others.

Quote:
What did Kristen do?
Kristen is “the other woman,” the one who occupies a place once held by Stevie. The Stevie fans had an almost identical, if not more severe reaction to Bekka Bramlett. Lindsey/Rumours-only lineup fans are acting the same way about Neil and Mike now.

Quote:
It’s weird to see so many Lindsey’s haters here...
Not a hater. I’ve seen him more than any of the others outside of the band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-13-2019, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

who's hating on them? Nearly everyone I've heard has gone out of their way to leave Mike and Neil out of this.

You may have found a few outliers.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is certainly reflective. Her views/opinions do change as time go on. If I had to predict, I think she will regret this decision. There's absolutely no chance Mick, John and Chris can do another tour. This is it. You know Stevie will take 3 years to do whatever she wants to do. They can't wait that long. I feel that this is the end of FM touring/performing.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Stevie is certainly reflective. Her views/opinions do change as time go on. If I had to predict, I think she will regret this decision. There's absolutely no chance Mick, John and Chris can do another tour. This is it. You know Stevie will take 3 years to do whatever she wants to do. They can't wait that long. I feel that this is the end of FM touring/performing.
I don't mean to say they feel contrite or responsible, but I bet they all regretted it as soon as Lindsey had a heart attack.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I don't mean to say they feel contrite or responsible, but I bet they all regretted it as soon as Lindsey had a heart attack.
there was certainly nothing they did in public to show that regret so i really don't know what people are basing such opinions on. that they might be decent people? we already saw over the last year they are not.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-14-2019, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, about Christine, unless she just totally hates Lindsey's guts, what is her problem??

I mean, she's kind of bullet proof. What could Stevie have done to her if she didn't take Stevie's side? Stevie could refuse to tour, but let's be honest, Stevie wants the FM money as well. If she flounced off and refused to tour, she would only hold out another year and then she'd cave in and do another tour, even if she said she wouldn't. But refusing to tour is the only power Stevie has over Christine.

Stevie can't push Christine out of the band, because she'd look awful. What would that do to her public image, mistreating another woman who is a musician (unlike Stevie), who is responsible for some of the band's hookiest (if not deepest) tunes, who is older than Stevie and who is not widely thought to be as sexy. I mean, Christine looks great to me, but I mean the general public. Stevie would look like the "mean girl" and self-centered bully if she tried to get rid of Christine. So, Christine could basically curse Stevie out and say she would never agree to firing Lindsey. Stevie would have no recourse. Why couldn't Christine just stand up to her.

Christine used to tell people off all the time. Remember how Mick said that Stevie tried to throw a tantrum because she wasn't on Tango and Christine told her off and said the reason she wasn't on Tango was because she wasn't there? Christine made Stevie pipe down. She was like, "I'm sorry you're not on Tango. I wanted you on my Tango songs, but YOU WEREN'T HERE, SO SHUT UP." She had no problem treating Stevie like the little sister that you had to tell to be quiet.

I guess being away from the band for so long made her feel that she had to be humble and meek when she returned. She had to be grateful to them for letting her back, but FORGET that.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I think that old age HAS caught her(as in when Lindsey called her fragile). I think she's getting shaky in her confidence and mobility. Yes, we know that she SHOULD have stopped it, but she didn't. Yet, unless she's a completely doddering old incompetent fool, I'll always hold her partially to blame.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You know, about Christine, unless she just totally hates Lindsey's guts, what is her problem??

I mean, she's kind of bullet proof. What could Stevie have done to her if she didn't take Stevie's side? Stevie could refuse to tour, but let's be honest, Stevie wants the FM money as well. If she flounced off and refused to tour, she would only hold out another year and then she'd cave in and do another tour, even if she said she wouldn't. But refusing to tour is the only power Stevie has over Christine.

Stevie can't push Christine out of the band, because she'd look awful. What would that do to her public image, mistreating another woman who is a musician (unlike Stevie), who is responsible for some of the band's hookiest (if not deepest) tunes, who is older than Stevie and who is not widely thought to be as sexy. I mean, Christine looks great to me, but I mean the general public. Stevie would look like the "mean girl" and self-centered bully if she tried to get rid of Christine. So, Christine could basically curse Stevie out and say she would never agree to firing Lindsey. Stevie would have no recourse. Why couldn't Christine just stand up to her.

Christine used to tell people off all the time. Remember how Mick said that Stevie tried to throw a tantrum because she wasn't on Tango and Christine told her off and said the reason she wasn't on Tango was because she wasn't there? Christine made Stevie pipe down. She was like, "I'm sorry you're not on Tango. I wanted you on my Tango songs, but YOU WEREN'T HERE, SO SHUT UP." She had no problem treating Stevie like the little sister that you had to tell to be quiet.

I guess being away from the band for so long made her feel that she had to be humble and meek when she returned. She had to be grateful to them for letting her back, but FORGET that.

I think this is it, 100%. She feels "lucky" that they let her return, and I would be willing to bet that she feels like she lost her place in the pecking order when she left.

I do agree with you though........where is the woman who would have slapped Stevie silly, when Stevie started her temper tantrum to get rid of Lindsey?? It's just ridiculous that she hasn't spoken to Lindsey, that any of them, esp after the medical crisis, haven't reached out to him. It's beyond anything I could have ever expected. I thought these were decent people, well was I wrong. Lindsey seems to be the only one who has any sense and morals and kindness.

And for those who will say that he must have done something............no, he didn't, or we would have heard about it right away. The remaining band members (minus Neil and Mike-although Mike doesn't have a full pass from me yet) are horrible human beings. No matter how you look at this.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I mean, she's kind of bullet proof. What could Stevie have done to her if she didn't take Stevie's side?
Stevie could have quit, which would have ended any hope of a big tour. Let’s be honest, 2017 proved that Stevie doesn’t exactly need the band anymore. She was playing large arenas while LBCM were playing small to mid-sized amphitheaters.

At that point, Lindsey would have demanded a delay, since they wouldn’t be in a position to say no. So, Christine would have had to stop working for at least a year and hang her hopes on Lindsey being expedient with his project. Then, he’d demand the band record another album before hitting the road, which would further put them at the mercy of his expediency.

OR, she could side with Stevie, definitely get the big tour right away, maybe another album (band or otherwise), and not have to stop.

She’s almost 76. Seriously, what were her choices?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-13-2019, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They didn’t know what was going on until after it had already happened. If they hadn’t joined, the band would have found others.
That's what people always say about scabs.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
why people have the need to trash Lindsey's wife is completely beyond my comprehension.

i could somewhat understand people who were shippers... but Stevie cult seem to really be into trashing her, and that is just weird.
Quote:
Why people have the need to trash Neil Finn and Mike Campbell is completely beyond my comprehension.

I could somewhat understand people who were shippers... but Lindsey cult seem to really be into trashing them, and that is just weird.
Steve - blink twice if some 5 year old stole your account.

Quote:
Kristen is “the other woman,” the one who occupies a place once held by Stevie. The Stevie fans had an almost identical, if not more severe reaction to Bekka Bramlett. Lindsey/Rumours-only lineup fans are acting the same way about Neil and Mike now.
i have no idea what Stevie fans' reaction to Bekka was, and if they felt that she doesn't sound good singing Stevie's lines and harmonies like Lindsey and Classic lineup fans feel now about both vocals and guitar, i can understand Bekka-Campbell/Finn comparison. but nobody compared them to Bekka here, and you compared them to Kristen, not Bekka.

you compared a pure hate and defamation of someone's wife that nobody really knows much about yet people feel free calling her nastiest possible names, to fans not accepting the sound of the new band.

Quote:
They didn’t know what was going on until after it had already happened.
how do you know that? we certainly don't know either way - they may or may not have known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
who's hating on them? Nearly everyone I've heard has gone out of their way to leave Mike and Neil out of this.

You may have found a few outliers.
exactly.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-13-2019, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why would she regret something she has been waiting all her life to achieve? She FINALLY got rid of him.

Quote:
But what do they need money for? John only has one kid. Surely, he will be leaving her millions already.

Christine has always had lavish, lovely homes, but she can already afford them. I know she wants to leave all of John Perfect's kids something, but she sold her music catalog and made a lot of money already. I can understand wanting more money, but I can't understand wanting it so much that there are no lines you won't cross to get it.
I honestly don't get it. I still don't get it. If they wanted to fire him, fine. But why the cold shoulder? Just explain why they had the need to fire him, and everybody happy. Well, no happy, but at least we would have a reason for what they did.

This is not about money.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Why would she regret something she has been waiting all her life to achieve? She FINALLY got rid of him.

I honestly don't get it. I still don't get it. If they wanted to fire him, fine. But why the cold shoulder? Just explain why they had the need to fire him, and everybody happy. Well, no happy, but at least we would have a reason for what they did.

This is not about money.
You know she's going to want to tour Buckingham Nicks. They always said they wanted to go out the same way they went in. That's just my guess, though.
Old 03-13-2019, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know she's going to want to tour Buckingham Nicks. They always said they wanted to go out the same way they went in. That's just my guess, though.
i hope he's not stupid or gullible enough to do it.

plus - she wanted to get rid of him. it's over. she doesn't want him back - or get him back on a whim.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why would she? She hasn't even mentioned him during this tour. Only when she had to, when it was politically correct to do it. She's happy now. Let her be happy, and let Lindsey recover fast enough so we can enjoy him one more time.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.