Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My frustration is they are way too short-termist in their thinking. They don’t see the longer term money opportunities. A few years ago they chose to play at the Isle of Wight festival in the UK as they were offering more money on the table than Glastonbury. The longer term finances of a Glastonbury exposure would have been far higher than IOW.
Even then, there could have been a Live at the Isle of Wight release like so many other great bands.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-28-2024, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
The truth is the truth. Pull your head out of the sand.
If you can't discern the difference between blatant and constant misogyny and needing to "pull your head out of the sand" i feel for the women in your life.

You're a **** gay.
Old 01-28-2024, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
If you can't discern the difference between blatant and constant misogyny and needing to "pull your head out of the sand" i feel for the women in your life.

You're a **** gay.
I realize that there is no modding here any more, but this is BS.
Old 01-28-2024, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been on this board long enough to know what is appropriate and what is not.

Homer, I agree with your positions 98% of the time, however, can you please for the love of god take some responsibility for how your words may come across to others on here? Yes, Stevie ruined the band, the band of all of our lives, not just yours. Yes her voice is shot, yes she lies constantly, and yes she is a joke of her former self. But talking about how many abortions someone has had is in bad taste. In Australia, this is considered incredibly tacky and tasteless. and yet we are still sitting here on this board wondering where all the people have gone, and it's not because of Facebook. It's because the tone and depth of discussion have gone out the window.
Old 01-28-2024, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have been on this board long enough to know what is appropriate and what is not.

Homer, I agree with your positions 98% of the time, however, can you please for the love of god take some responsibility for how your words may come across to others on here? Yes, Stevie ruined the band, the band of all of our lives, not just yours. Yes her voice is shot, yes she lies constantly, and yes she is a joke of her former self. But talking about how many abortions someone has had is in bad taste. In Australia, this is considered incredibly tacky and tasteless. and yet we are still sitting here on this board wondering where all the people have gone, and it's not because of Facebook. It's because the tone and depth of discussion have gone out the window.
The topic was WHY there would never be a History of FM. And I mentioned the reasons STEVIE would never allow it to happen. Because several of the facts of her life are ugly.
And the majority of us aren't in Australia, so get TF over yourself.

And nearly every regular has been posting goat lyrics for the past couple of weeks. You're okay with that?
Old 01-29-2024, 02:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Let me give you the only appropriate Australian response, you're a fuc*ing wanker! An insufferable fuc*ing wanker!
Old 01-29-2024, 08:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I hesitated responding but since I was the one that mentioned not digging the “homo” comment, I’ll weigh in—and then shut my mouth and go away.

I 100% agree that I do not want to read comments about abortions or how many persons someone has slept with. I just don’t. None of that is any of our business. Such of what Stevie had said and done in the last 15 years has really bugged me. But there are lines I won’t cross: comments about drugs, abortions, and sex in these contexts disturb me.

On the other hand, I also don’t want to read “homo” comments.

I loved the goat game because it was silly wordplay that gave a lot of us joy. I happen to dig a lot of the songs I and others “goated”: “Ain’t goat nothing better to do” cracked me up. The absurdity of the image!

So there: I’ve probably pleased no one here saying these things, but I do cherish this group.
Old 01-29-2024, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I hesitated responding but since I was the one that mentioned not digging the “homo” comment, I’ll weigh in—and then shut my mouth and go away.

I 100% agree that I do not want to read comments about abortions or how many persons someone has slept with. I just don’t. None of that is any of our business. Such of what Stevie had said and done in the last 15 years has really bugged me. But there are lines I won’t cross: comments about drugs, abortions, and sex in these contexts disturb me.

On the other hand, I also don’t want to read “homo” comments.
I agree 200% with this. About the goat game, I don't enjoy it. But it doesn't bother me either. I just don't follow it and that's it.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:15 AM

I'll chime in here, too. You BOTH need to take it down a notch.

I do not like the abortion talk either. It's something that's humiliating for a woman (I can only imagine the mental anxiety.). There's the stigma that women can't be sexually active, like a man can. Which honestly, is absurd on so many levels. Then there's society's debate about it being murder, a sin, etc.

I feel that Stevie and Christine (and some crew/friends) were brave to avoid putting a child thru that rock and roll lifestyle. That life is exhausting and toxic. Has Stevie spoke of her abortions? Yes. But not in the humiliating way that's presented in this thread. The men were bigger whores than the women in this band. I promise you that. So let's keep the hot button topics off the table if they are going to be humiliating and triggering to a whole gender.

And as a gay man, I love to be goofy and laugh, but the name calling is uncalled for.

Guys, it's a message board. Don't trigger someone then expect everyone to love what you had to say. That notion is for everyone, including me. We are lucky to still have this board to talk about music, art etc.

Be better, and most of all, don't get mad if someone checks you on your behavior. Take it in, and process it. If you're never wrong, you'll never get better.

That's All For Everyone, and That's enough for me.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well...this is a turn I wasn't expecting this thread to take! Always an adventure here at the ledge.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Well...this is a turn I wasn't expecting this thread to take! Always an adventure here at the ledge.
It's always your fault BigAl!
Old 01-29-2024, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 01-29-2024, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Again, I only brought it up for WHY there would never be a History of FM, like there is for the band that has kicked their ass for 50 years, The Eagles. The REASONS that Stevie wouldn't allow it. I'm 100% against censorship, and am not afraid to discuss the truth. Maybe we differ there. Deal with it.
Old 01-29-2024, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let me give you the only appropriate Australian response, you're a fuc*ing wanker! An insufferable fuc*ing wanker!
And again, IF there was any modding here, this falls under personal attack. But whatever.