The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-29-2024, 12:12 PM

Default Love In Store Single

This was really interesting. I know MacFan and I followed it (in 1982/1983) and wanted it to go to at least # 10. I didn't hear this on the radio much. After Hold Me and Gypsy, the radio was tired w/ FM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg loveinstore.JPG (53.5 KB, 19 views)
Old 01-29-2024, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Where I lived you would have swore it was a top 10 song. Its one of my favorites. It was fantastic in the Mirage concert too. It was released during the explosion of MTV. I know they hated doing the Hold Me video and would never have done another video. However I think a video could have made it climb another 10 spots. Unheard of that any song would be in early 1983 and not have a video. It was still on the charts when the Mirage show debuted on HBO in February 1983.
Mick was right. Mirage was #1 and charting hits and huge videos. Once the Mirage tour ended at the end of October, 1982, the album fell. Just imagine if they had a normal or typical tour that went into January 1983 with a video for Love In Store. As Steve would say....it would have been a hit and Lindsey did not have to leave the band.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-29-2024 at 12:45 PM..
Old 01-29-2024, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Where I lived you would have swore it was a top 10 song. Its one of my favorites. It was fantastic in the Mirage concert too. It was released during the explosion of MTV. I know they hated doing the Hold Me video and would never have done another video. However I think a video could have made it climb another 10 spots. Unheard of that any song would be in early 1983 and not have a video. It was still on the charts when the Mirage show debuted on HBO in February 1983.
Mick was right. Mirage was #1 and charting hits and huge videos. Once the Mirage tour ended at the end of October, 1982, the album fell. Just imagine if they had a normal or typical tour that went into January 1983 with a video for Love In Store. As Steve would say....it would have been a hit and Lindsey did not have to leave the band.
Did you hear it on the radio much? Lis? Anyone. Like "Think About Me" I don't think it got much play.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
This was really interesting. I know MacFan and I followed it (in 1982/1983) and wanted it to go to at least # 10. I didn't hear this on the radio much. After Hold Me and Gypsy, the radio was tired w/ FM.
I remember hearing it. Not as much as Hold Me, of course, but I remember it on the radio.
Old 01-29-2024, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Love In Store" is sensational. The harmony vocals blend so beautifully - it should have charted in the Top 10. By this point, the band was done.

The "Mirage" album has never received the love and recognition it deserves.
Old 01-30-2024, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Here is a funny story about the song. I became a fan during the Mirage HBO days. I loved the live version of Love In Store. About a year later I was going through cassette tapes I made from the radio with my tape recorder (yes in those days we recorded songs from the radio on a tape recorder) and I found out that I recorded the song from the radio before I was a fan. I liked the song enough to hit record. I don't think I knew who it was when I recorded it though. I sort of unearthed Fleetwood Mac artifacts I had before I became a rabid fan.
Old 01-30-2024, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
"Love In Store" is sensational.
It really is. It's my fave ringtone in my mobile, it's included in all my FM related playlists, etc.

Quote:
(yes in those days we recorded songs from the radio on a tape recorder)
YES! To me, it was a nightmare when I was recording a song and the DJ started to talk, announced the next song etc., before the song I was recording was finished, forcing me to stop it and not getting the whole song in my cassette.
Old 01-30-2024, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember those days. I can't find it, but I had a cassette with an interview with Mick and John from a local radio station. It was the Rumours tour and the band postponed their Charlotte show because Stevie had fallen asleep (passed out ) with her contacts in and damaged her eyes. Mick and John were already in town and wanted to let fans know that the show would be rescheduled. Later, I found out that it happened days earlier and Stevie was suppose to wear badges on her eyes, but decided to remove them for the show the night before (Greensboro, I think) and damaged her eyes more.

To satisfy fans, the same station played one of those King Biscuit radio concerts. which I recorded on the same tape. I played that show to death! It was the first time I heard Rhiannon live and I was HOOKED! The was start of my super fandom. Unfortunately, I was too young to figure out how to get tickets to the rescheduled show, but I would have loved to have been there.

Quote:
Here is a funny story about the song. I became a fan during the Mirage HBO days. I loved the live version of Love In Store. About a year later I was going through cassette tapes I made from the radio with my tape recorder (yes in those days we recorded songs from the radio on a tape recorder) and I found out that I recorded the song from the radio before I was a fan. I liked the song enough to hit record. I don't think I knew who it was when I recorded it though. I sort of unearthed Fleetwood Mac artifacts I had before I became a rabid fan.
Old 01-30-2024, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I remember hearing it. Not as much as Hold Me, of course, but I remember it on the radio.
Your memory is pretty damn good.
Old 01-30-2024, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Yeah, I'm old enough to remember those days. I can't find it, but I had a cassette with an interview with Mick and John from a local radio station. It was the Rumours tour and the band postponed their Charlotte show because Stevie had fallen asleep (passed out ) with her contacts in and damaged her eyes. Mick and John were already in town and wanted to let fans know that the show would be rescheduled. Later, I found out that it happened days earlier and Stevie was suppose to wear badges on her eyes, but decided to remove them for the show the night before (Greensboro, I think) and damaged her eyes more.

To satisfy fans, the same station played one of those King Biscuit radio concerts. which I recorded on the same tape. I played that show to death! It was the first time I heard Rhiannon live and I was HOOKED! The was start of my super fandom. Unfortunately, I was too young to figure out how to get tickets to the rescheduled show, but I would have loved to have been there.
So many good stories out there that I've never heard. Thanks for that!
Old 01-30-2024, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Did you hear it on the radio much? Lis? Anyone. Like "Think About Me" I don't think it got much play.
I don't remember ever hearing either song on the radio!! Once in a blue moon they'd play the video for Think About Me on MTV but that was a real rarity.

--Lis
Old 01-30-2024, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
It really is. It's my fave ringtone in my mobile, it's included in all my FM related playlists, etc.

YES! To me, it was a nightmare when I was recording a song and the DJ started to talk, announced the next song etc., before the song I was recording was finished, forcing me to stop it and not getting the whole song in my cassette.
Lol the good old days of missing beginnings and songs being interrupted /cut off!!

-Lis
Old 01-30-2024, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
I don't remember ever hearing either song on the radio!! Once in a blue moon they'd play the video for Think About Me on MTV but that was a real rarity.

--Lis
There's a video for Think About Me?
Old 01-30-2024, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post

--Lis
I didn't hear Love in Store on the radio. Besides Hold Me and Gypsy, it was Can't Go Back what I did hear.

Was the Think About Me video an extract from the Tusk documentary?
Old 01-30-2024, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Your memory is pretty damn good.
Hold Me was released before the album, and I remember riding in the back of my friend's Honda Civic, screaming at her to crank the radio when those piano notes came on.

Oh for a time machine...