User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Exactly! Stevie's twitter has just been "Verified" and given it's "blue check" and it is gaining new followers on a daily basis...If "Camp Stevie" were up to date on marketing they would be tweeting about what she/FM are up to...Do they not realize twitter is FREE???
Maybe Stevie needs to be told that twitter is "Cheaper Than Free"....

I guess they must have verified her for a reason, after letting the account remain dormant for so long. I think they must plan to use it eventually.

Michele
Old 04-23-2014, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I guess they must have verified her for a reason, after letting the account remain dormant for so long. I think they must plan to use it eventually.

Michele
It was finally "verified" on the 16th of April just days before Nashville...I hope they take advantage of the accounts "verification" because a few well placed tweets will do more for Stevie & FM than the record company will...
Old 04-23-2014, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes .Between this thread and the on going" Stevie's everywhere except in the studio" thread are more entertaining then those reality shows on TV.

I checked out the Blackbird Studio's website out and found it recorded everybodies brother and sister in music there.

http://www.blackbirdstudio.com/#/clients/

This is going to be interesting what they all going to do for a album.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-24-2014, 08:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

just got caught up on this thread and i missed all the stevie and lindsey bashing! oh well...i'm sure it will come up again
Old 04-24-2014, 09:21 AM

Nobody ever bashes Christine... until she makes a solo album.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:47 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Including herself!
Old 04-24-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petercorbasson View Post
Including herself!
So far we've learned she hates 2 of the 3.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default re:

I'm wondering if the band is now recording some new tracks to put on a re-release of the Greatest Hits record sometime this summer before they hit the road in the fall...
Old 04-24-2014, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe68 View Post
I'm wondering if the band is now recording some new tracks to put on a re-release of the Greatest Hits record sometime this summer before they hit the road in the fall...

Let's hope not!
Old 04-24-2014, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe68 View Post
With this being FM's first real record since "Tango"I don't see the band wasting Christine's return on another "Greatest Hits" rehash...
Old 04-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
There were several very vocal Stevie fans who were quite upset by Christine's return. They were angered by the fact it would push back another Stevie solo album. Personally, I think that's a bit of a moot point, anyway- I would not have foreseen a Stevie solo album anytime soon even if Christine hadn't returned.

But if you're talking about Christine's work style or ethic... I don't think there's anything to complain about, really. She used to be a roaring sot, but she still put out the most consistently high quality music of the band, crafted pretty much all the band's hits, and has never known to be diva like when it comes to working with the others in the band. She's always seemed more like the mediator vs an instigator. And along with Lindsey, she seems to have put in the most working time in the studio.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
There were several very vocal Stevie fans who were quite upset by Christine's return. They were angered by the fact it would push back another Stevie solo album. Personally, I think that's a bit of a moot point, anyway- I would not have foreseen a Stevie solo album anytime soon even if Christine hadn't returned.

But if you're talking about Christine's work style or ethic... I don't think there's anything to complain about, really. She used to be a roaring sot, but she still put out the most consistently high quality music of the band, crafted pretty much all the band's hits, and has never known to be diva like when it comes to working with the others in the band. She's always seemed more like the mediator vs an instigator. And along with Lindsey, she seems to have put in the most working time in the studio.
I agree. If there is anything that Lindsey loves, it's someone that will sit there with him and give him the time that he puts in. In other words, lets work on these songs together. I can hear the time that CM and LB spent on Mirage and Tango. I don't quite get that vibe on Tusk. He seemed a bit solo on Tusk. But say what you want about Buck, the man puts in the time. I think he respects Christine because she will sit next to him and work.

When I watched the DR docu. I noticed LB was doing a lot of work, then Stevie rolls in with her entourage.. Mick and John float in.. He's making all these important decisions. And he was the one working after hours. (This is what it appeared to me)
Old 04-24-2014, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When I watched the DR docu. I noticed LB was doing a lot of work, then Stevie rolls in with her entourage.. Mick and John float in.. He's making all these important decisions. And he was the one working after hours. (This is what it appeared to me)
Agreed, except I don't think Mick floats. I think Mick will stay there all night with you, if that's what you want. I mean, I've read about Mick and John on WereWolves of London and they weren't the most stable people during the recording. So, we know Mick was high in the studio all that time for FM as well, but he will hang around, for moral support anyway. And he will always mediate between the members and say what you don't want to say to the other one. I think that's why Lindsey loves him so much.

Of course, Lindsey didn't have to work after hours. He just liked it. But Stevie has given SYW interviews where she actually charted their work hours. She would say what time she got in, what time he got in, etc. I don't remember what hours she said now, but she acknowledged that Lindsey was there hours before and after everyone else.

Michele
Old 04-24-2014, 02:38 PM

The thing I remember about Mick was that he said one thing to Lindsey, then Stevie came in and Mick changed his mind. It was a double album anyway with all the tracks. I think about 4 tracks could have been cut.

I just remember thinking, "Wow now I see why he wants Christine to be there."
Old 04-24-2014, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
The thing I remember about Mick was that he said one thing to Lindsey, then Stevie came in and Mick changed his mind. It was a double album anyway with all the tracks. I think about 4 tracks could have been cut.

I just remember thinking, "Wow now I see why he wants Christine to be there."
I realize we're veering off topic here, but I don't place any blame in Mick for that whole scenario. If Lindsey didn't know by 2003 that Mick would say or do absolutely anything to keep his band together and keep momentum going forward, that's not Mick's fault. That's Lindsey's for not knowing Mick better.

Plus, like Mick said going into the project, it seemed like a great idea... very artistically pure. But when the financial realities started hitting, he realized it wasn't the best thing to do for the band as a whole.

No doubt, Mick was playing both sides of the card, too... telling Lindsey what he wanted to hear to get a Mac album started, then telling Stevie what she wanted to hear to make sure the album saw the light of day. I actually have my doubts Mick's flip flopping really surprised Lindsey, either. I suspect Lindsey was simply playing the martyr- something the man has done for the majority of his career.

The whole thing with Lindsey trying to tell Stevie to change her verb tenses was ridiculous, too. The woman once wrote a song with the lyrics: "she stares at the stairs..." . Lindsey was obviously just trying to get a rise out of Stevie (possibly as retribution for something she did earlier), and she took the bait. Her Dylan retort was equally as absurd. This whole damned band is absurd... why in the hell would Christine want to throw herself back into the shark tank?!

Damn, all this Destiny Rules gossip talk has me wanting to bust out the DVD & watch it again.